BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Academy Hopefuls

Apparently Toni Vastic is wanted by Bayern....

Bayen interest in Vastic

In the article it said "Vastic made nine substitute appearances for the Blackburn reserves last year, scoring six goals."

Has Parson Blue or anyoone else seen him play and can give an opinion? If Bayern are interested he must have something about him....

I think the six goals are his Academy goals. I can't recall him scoring for the Reserves as he rarely plays at that level. Vastic is really an Under-18 player who can operate up front or in midfield. While I would have liked to have seen him being given another year at the Rovers he certainly hasn't done anything to suggest that he will be a major loss. He has tended to be overshadowed by Osawe who ended the season in fine style and looks the best of our younger strikers.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has the talent and yes he has an attitude problem - he is a little chavy to be honest. He will make it though.

However, you know little about the academy. They are not allowed to fall by the wayside. They are an investment.

They are schooled in education, how to deal with the press, how to perform an interview, football, coaching and so on.

That is exactly correct. He will be training with them once they return for pre-season - trust me i spoke to him about it!!

I cant comment on what may happen as I didnt ask the question, however, I am exactly correct about his previous training along with others with the first team and as for not being allowed to fall by the wayside, I do believe there have been a number of issues with the lad causing concern amongst the Academy staff!

He is the next big thing out the academy - he will be fine once he grows up! He has just finished his gcse's and has loads of pressure on him and he is away from home (Sheffield) and as I said he is a little "chavy" - the concerns are not hitting his full potential but he will play for the first team if not snapped up by a bigger club beforehand!

He is the next big thing out the academy - he will be fine once he grows up! He has just finished his gcse's and has loads of pressure on him and he is away from home (Sheffield) and as I said he is a little "chavy" - the concerns are not hitting his full potential but he will play for the first team if not snapped up by a bigger club beforehand!

I really hope you are correct Vintage, its always sad if a young lads attitude hampers his progress, I will watch with interest,

more importantly, if you are correct with pressure from examinations is now over, the lad will push on to better things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blackburn Rovers are preparing to welcome another New Zealand footballer, with Junior All White Tim Payne securing a full Premier League trial with the former English champions.

Nelsen to mentor Kiwi teen at Rovers

Would be one for the Academy, so thought this is probably the best place to post it.

Thanks for that info.

At last some positive news arrives to help scatter the doom and gloom.

I look forward to following his progress.

Out of the younger players that appeared yesterday, I thought Pearson was the best.

He looked positionally good, comfortable on the ball and brave, albeit he only played 45 minutes.

Hopefully he can feature in more friendlies. I also thought Gunning looked ok, maybe we should give him a chance in pre-season before sanctioning a loan?

Out of the younger players that appeared yesterday, I thought Pearson was the best.

He looked positionally good, comfortable on the ball and brave, albeit he only played 45 minutes.

Hopefully he can feature in more friendlies. I also thought Gunning looked ok, maybe we should give him a chance in pre-season before sanctioning a loan?

Pearson looks a great prospect, along with Henley and Ramm, did either of those two lads play??

Just on the way home from rovers v bamber bridge.

Lost 2-1.

Impressed with robbie cotton!

Jackson ramm was decent too.

Hard to judge players against that kind of opposition, many years ago, watched a pre season against Clitheroe who played at a similar level to Bamber Bridge.

One young Rover stood head and shoulders above all the players on the park, his name was Marlon Broomes!!

Hard to judge players against that kind of opposition, many years ago, watched a pre season against Clitheroe who played at a similar level to Bamber Bridge.

One young Rover stood head and shoulders above all the players on the park, his name was Marlon Broomes!!

And what a player he turned out to be! Ha ;)

Gunning prob wont have a future at rovers as if he did he would have been involved with the first team in hong kong. Watched him today and he is a decent player but makes for to many mistakes and lacks a bit of concentration as the player for preston Mellor had about 4 golden chances but missed them, a better player would have put them in.

Players that stood out today were-

Knowles

Maclaren

hanley

Robbie Cotton had a average game, got caught out a few times.

Gunning prob wont have a future at rovers as if he did he would have been involved with the first team in hong kong. Watched him today and he is a decent player but makes for to many mistakes and lacks a bit of concentration as the player for preston Mellor had about 4 golden chances but missed them, a better player would have put them in.

Players that stood out today were-

Knowles

Maclaren

hanley

Robbie Cotton had a average game, got caught out a few times.

Well, I am going to stick my neck out again here and pick out young Adam Henley, picked him out against both Man U and Chelsea reserve team finals, was only 16, played Man Us international Oberton out of the game, was 16 at the time, 17 now and must be doing something right as he is with the squad in Hong Kong!!

Who was the black lad wearing No. 7 for us? He looked quality. Not had much chance to watch the Academy or Reserves and I really enjoyed it. The player of the match for me though was our No. 8. Who was he? He ran the show in midfield alongside Robbie Cotton. Also liked the look of Jackson Ramm and the small Ashley Cole like left back we had.

I thought Gunning looked calm and composed throughout apart from an unfortunate slip. Organised the rest of the defence well. I'd keep him and give him a chance.

Well, I am going to stick my neck out again here and pick out young Adam Henley, picked him out against both Man U and Chelsea reserve team finals, was only 16, played Man Us international Oberton out of the game, was 16 at the time, 17 now and must be doing something right as he is with the squad in Hong Kong!!

not seen him play so cant judge but yeah at 17 going with the first team to hong kong, he must be good, can played both right and left which is a bonus.

Who was the black lad wearing No. 7 for us? He looked quality. Not had much chance to watch the Academy or Reserves and I really enjoyed it. The player of the match for me though was our No. 8. Who was he? He ran the show in midfield alongside Robbie Cotton. Also liked the look of Jackson Ramm and the small Ashley Cole like left back we had.

I thought Gunning looked calm and composed throughout apart from an unfortunate slip. Organised the rest of the defence well. I'd keep him and give him a chance.

number 7 was Evans, yeah he looked very pacey. Agreed with you i thought Knowles(number 8) was man of the match, looks a very tidy player and never giving the ball away. The little full back was Hanley, he to was quick and has a better throw in than Pederson, same distance but more speed to it.

Good eyes mate, he's got a lot of potential.

• 2 weeks later...

One for Parson probably, but just seen that Juhvel Tsoumou (sp??) is on trial at Sheff Wed. This is one of our old kids (it does make sense honest) isn't it?

Any idea what he's been up to? Also do you know of the futures of any kids released this summer?

I know Billington and Bowen have both gone, Bowen was at Bridge the other night and I know there was something last season about him going there but then it went dead.

Cheers

One for Parson probably, but just seen that Juhvel Tsoumou (sp??) is on trial at Sheff Wed. This is one of our old kids (it does make sense honest) isn't it?

Any idea what he's been up to? Also do you know of the futures of any kids released this summer?

I know Billington and Bowen have both gone, Bowen was at Bridge the other night and I know there was something last season about him going there but then it went dead.

Cheers

He is indeed one of our former Academy players. I can't believe that he is still only 20! After leaving Rovers he returned to Eintract Frankfurt and played for their second team before making ten appearances - all as sub - and scoring one goal for the seniors in the Bundesliga. Last summer he switched to Alemennia Aachen, his present club, and has made 6 sub appearances in the League. It will be interesting to see if Wednesday offer him a contract.

I don't know about about Bowen, but I believe that Billington is still at North End. I haven't heard if Andy Parry has been fixed up as yet.

We've had a couple of promising trailists appearing with the Academy this summer with Sean Cooke and 'keeper Christian Brigg catching the eye. Cooke was released by Crewe at the end of last season and Brigg is the former Burnley youth player who was with Leeds last season. Brigg made a sub appearance with the Reserves at Curzon Ashton yesterday. Another trialist who played the full game yesterday was Mylord Kasi who plays for the Under-21 team of the Swiss club Sion. I can't say I was overly impressed with Kasai, but I assume he will get some more games. He played in Scotland last week and has had trials with Celtic earlier in July.

That UTD game was the only time I've seen Henley have a shocker Obertan got the better of him everytime and easily pushed him off the ball.

Archived