BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Academy Hopefuls

2nd home leg of final confirmed for next Wednesday 7pm.

£5 adults, although usually free for STH.

Get down to Ewood and support the lads. Although the tie is probably over, it would be great to see them win the game at Ewood.

Also think they have 1 game to win to secure the academy league too.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure but the young lads on twitter love him.

Anyone know what is going on with filip pivokvski is he going perninatly, i though hed become a handy junior replacement.

Christopher Dilo?

Hugo Fernandez?

Apparently former rovers youth and guiseley keeper Steven Drench is our goalkeeping coach at the academy.

Filip I was never impressed with when I saw him play. Certainly doesnt have the speed that Junior does.

Dilo, again not been impressed with him, doesn't fill me with much confidence everytime I see him play and I know I'm not the only one to think this

Hugo has had some very good games this year, last year he was being played everywhere so struggled to settle but he seems to be more consistent this year.

Drench I had heard was doing this however think it now might be Josh Swann, another ex youth player from 2 years ago

Also in relation to the League, they have won their area division.

They now have a semi final at home to Newcastle, at Brockhall, on Saturday and the winner plays Fulham or Leicester I think.

Rovers did this a few years ago and played Coventry in the final, if anyone else was there they will know what I mean by legendary game!

They won their Academy League this morning, beating Manchester United 1-0.

I remember the match hollowsr refers to, I listened to it on radio. How wonderful it would be if our lads could repeat that!!!

Surprised there's been no comment on here about the Youth's impressive 2-0 victory over Newcastle today to reach the National Final.

:rover: the youth system is overlooked,but thats a fantastic result.too many people want to bash the venksters,the youth team has been our shining light and may yet save our club,if we can get rid of the indian tight wads.just looked at the rovers web site,that ferdenez wants a bollocking for tattoos like that at his age. :angry::brfcsmilie:

:rover: the youth system is overlooked,but thats a fantastic result.too many people want to bash the venksters,the youth team has been our shining light and may yet save our club,if we can get rid of the indian tight wads.just looked at the rovers web site,that ferdenez wants a bollocking for tattoos like that at his age. :angry::brfcsmilie:

It's the overuse of kids that's bringing about our relegation Waggy.

Well, I think the imminent death of our club at the hands of Venky's is a far more pressing concern right now than the exploits of the youth team. I think you can forgive fans for overlooking that one.

Dingles have just given 6 of their youth players that played against us in the semi final pro contracts, Bet we wont be far behind following suit now. Are any of the youth team actually ready for the championship yet? I did not think so watching them the other night against Chelsea, hope im wrong as we need something new for next season.

2nd leg of Youth Cup Final tomorrow night. 7pm kick off at Ewood. Hope a few make it down to cheer on the lads. It's nice to support a team achieving success this season.

Archived