Photo
- - - - -

Rovers Academy Hopefuls

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
137 replies to this topic

#121 DavidMailsTightPerm

DavidMailsTightPerm

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

How long before our academy is closed down?

Hopefully our success in the youth cup may help dampen down any cost cutting in that area.

#122 roversmum

roversmum

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6317 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

How long before our academy is closed down?

Think you might be disappointed there, Stuart. Plans for the Academy are in the pipeline and hopefully its all good.

MUM

For ever and ever ...

Arabian Proverb: Wisdom consists of ten parts: nine parts silence, and one part a few words.

#123 Exiled in Toronto

Exiled in Toronto

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3448 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Think you might be disappointed there, Stuart. Plans for the Academy are in the pipeline and hopefully its all good.

I thought we read a while ago that money had already been spent there - first and only part of the club

#124 The Rover of Finland

The Rover of Finland

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 13:32 PM

Is Modou Cham a real talent? Can´t find much about him but the lad seems to be under 15 and scored a late winner for the academy against Utd.

#125 Dunnfc

Dunnfc

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1802 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 14:47 PM

Not sure but the young lads on twitter love him.

Anyone know what is going on with filip pivokvski is he going perninatly, i though hed become a handy junior replacement.

Christopher Dilo?
Hugo Fernandez?

Apparently former rovers youth and guiseley keeper Steven Drench is our goalkeeping coach at the academy.

#126 Baz

Baz

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3314 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 17:55 PM

2nd home leg of final confirmed for next Wednesday 7pm.

£5 adults, although usually free for STH.

Get down to Ewood and support the lads. Although the tie is probably over, it would be great to see them win the game at Ewood.

Also think they have 1 game to win to secure the academy league too.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

#127 hollowsr

hollowsr

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 18:00 PM

Not sure but the young lads on twitter love him.

Anyone know what is going on with filip pivokvski is he going perninatly, i though hed become a handy junior replacement.

Christopher Dilo?
Hugo Fernandez?

Apparently former rovers youth and guiseley keeper Steven Drench is our goalkeeping coach at the academy.

Filip I was never impressed with when I saw him play. Certainly doesnt have the speed that Junior does.

Dilo, again not been impressed with him, doesn't fill me with much confidence everytime I see him play and I know I'm not the only one to think this

Hugo has had some very good games this year, last year he was being played everywhere so struggled to settle but he seems to be more consistent this year.

Drench I had heard was doing this however think it now might be Josh Swann, another ex youth player from 2 years ago

Also in relation to the League, they have won their area division.

They now have a semi final at home to Newcastle, at Brockhall, on Saturday and the winner plays Fulham or Leicester I think.

Rovers did this a few years ago and played Coventry in the final, if anyone else was there they will know what I mean by legendary game!

Edited by hollowsr, 02 May 2012 - 18:03 PM.

#128 roversmum

roversmum

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6317 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 18:05 PM

They won their Academy League this morning, beating Manchester United 1-0.

I remember the match hollowsr refers to, I listened to it on radio. How wonderful it would be if our lads could repeat that!!!

Edited by roversmum, 02 May 2012 - 18:07 PM.

MUM

For ever and ever ...

Arabian Proverb: Wisdom consists of ten parts: nine parts silence, and one part a few words.

#129 Brownie

Brownie

Uefa Europa League

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1971 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 18:45 PM

Surprised there's been no comment on here about the Youth's impressive 2-0 victory over Newcastle today to reach the National Final.
'Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.'<br />
Confucius

#130 confab

confab

Unibond League

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 00:50 AM

Has Tim Payne been playing for the Academy since his arrival? Curious to know how he's shaping up.

#131 waggy

waggy

His Majesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7189 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Surprised there's been no comment on here about the Youth's impressive 2-0 victory over Newcastle today to reach the National Final.

:rover: the youth system is overlooked,but thats a fantastic result.too many people want to bash the venksters,the youth team has been our shining light and may yet save our club,if we can get rid of the indian tight wads.just looked at the rovers web site,that ferdenez wants a bollocking for tattoos like that at his age. :angry: :brfcsmilie:

Edited by waggy, 06 May 2012 - 01:35 AM.

http://www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com/
YOU WORK TO LIVE,NOT LIVE TO WORK

#132 rovers1993

rovers1993

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

I wouldnt mind seeing McPhillips replace Kean. Our youth squad is mighty impressive.
Asked whether he wished Tugay was ten years younger, Hughes answered, "No, because if he was, he'd be playing in a Barcelona shirt."

Our very own Turkish delight.

#133 den

den

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19913 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

:rover: the youth system is overlooked,but thats a fantastic result.too many people want to bash the venksters,the youth team has been our shining light and may yet save our club,if we can get rid of the indian tight wads.just looked at the rovers web site,that ferdenez wants a bollocking for tattoos like that at his age. :angry: :brfcsmilie:

It's the overuse of kids that's bringing about our relegation Waggy.
Thanks to Tyrone Shoelaces, this was the first team I ever saw:
Rovers v Middesborough F. A. Cup 5th round. Sat 5th of Feb, 1962. Att, 33,714.

Else! Taylor Newton, Clayton Woods McGrath, Douglas Lawther Pickering Byrom Ratcliffe.

We won 2-1 ( Pickering, Lawther ) setting up an away tie at Fulham in the next round. We drew that 2-2. Before the replay the draw had paired us with our old friends Burnley in the semi finals.
Typically Rovers, we played kean in the replay and lost 1-0 in front of another 33,000 crowd ! of our five forwards four were actually born in the town of Blackburn ! Now that will never happen again.

#134 Amarillo

Amarillo

Villarreal CF/Rovers fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14218 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Well, I think the imminent death of our club at the hands of Venky's is a far more pressing concern right now than the exploits of the youth team. I think you can forgive fans for overlooking that one.

The artist formerly known as Topman

"Only he is lost who gives himself up for lost."

#135 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 16:01 PM

Kevin Cruickshank@kevcruickshank All the best to @Jacko_Ramm @mattypearson5 @8knowlesy8 last game in a Rovers shirt today. 3 great lads who deserve to find clubs.

That puts that one to bed.

" I'd like to play for an Italian club like Barcelona. " Mark Draper

#136 Pitty

Pitty

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 16:45 PM

Dingles have just given 6 of their youth players that played against us in the semi final pro contracts, Bet we wont be far behind following suit now. Are any of the youth team actually ready for the championship yet? I did not think so watching them the other night against Chelsea, hope im wrong as we need something new for next season.

#137 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2397 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 16:59 PM

Kevin Cruickshank@kevcruickshank All the best to @Jacko_Ramm @mattypearson5 @8knowlesy8 last game in a Rovers shirt today. 3 great lads who deserve to find clubs.

That puts that one to bed.

:( Best of luck to them!
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

#138 Baz

Baz

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3314 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 19:44 PM

2nd leg of Youth Cup Final tomorrow night. 7pm kick off at Ewood. Hope a few make it down to cheer on the lads. It's nice to support a team achieving success this season.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.