BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FIFA 2012

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I love FIFA but this seems to be scraping the barrel as far as blockbuster new features go. It's a good addition but most of those looked to be straight from FIFA 11.

I really wish EA would finally develop some of the other teams in the premier league. Although game play is important, creating Ewood Park and other grounds would be a huge step, rather than having 6 grounds and 20 generic ones. Also to create a better more realistic ground atmosphere rather than just repeating every 20 fans would also improve the whole experience.

Also to create a better more realistic ground atmosphere rather than just repeating every 20 fans would also improve the whole experience.

It does now have the chant creation area....so you can load your own and then all teams sound different - like mine do in Fifa 11.

Dont worry about Fifa 12 the supermarkets will sell them cheap as usual

I wouldn't be surprised if EA did what they have done with Tiger Woods Masters 12. Having to buy additional items from the shop. I wouldn't mind buying the rights to a real Ewood Park etc, but not when paying full price for the game and then having to spend another £50 to make the game work to its full potential.

I wouldn't be surprised if EA did what they have done with Tiger Woods Masters 12. Having to buy additional items from the shop. I wouldn't mind buying the rights to a real Ewood Park etc, but not when paying full price for the game and then having to spend another £50 to make the game work to its full potential.

Here here exactly why i refused to buy TW12

• 2 weeks later...

FIFA 12 launches in the UK on 30th September, EA has announced.

In a press release detailing the PC version, EA announced FIFA 12 launches in the US on 27th September and worldwide on 30th September.

FIFA 12 is as good on PC as it is on console, EA has insisted.

Looking good with this PC screen shot

FiFa12.png

• 1 month later...

Trouble i have with that is, it's the same as 11 only sharper graphics, same through balls/lobbed through balls to exploit poor defensive AI.

also noticed they didnt show any goals, so i'm guessing it's going to be the exact same goals and sweet spots that fifa have used for years.

• Backroom

I'm stuck between the two at the moment, I hardly played either this year due to it.

If PES got back to PES5 PES that it would be my choice, the inclusion of the challenge training may make me plump for that again this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of playing a 95% complete build of FIFA12 last night.

I am pleased to report that the game is looking excellent. They have toned down the impact engine so it is now much more realistic, the passing is now much more realistic and shooting has really bern improved, it is now possible to score in a variety of different ways. Graphically the game looks superb although player models are still not right.

I tested offline and the computer AI has improved, while it is not upto the level of PES it is now acceptable, the new career mode seems a lot better, however would need test it more throughly to see it doesn't have any of the game breaking bugs that last year's career mode had.

FIFA is looking very good, people who play online will love it and it seems that they have attempted to address the offline issues as well this year.

Having watched a few trailers, the player animations still look very ropey. I can't believe EA has never fixed this. Each player looks like a Subbuteo man wobbling from side to side when in possession. My problem with FIFA is that you never feel fully in control of the player on the ball. The tendency of every player to do a Cruyff turn when changing direction after receiving the ball is maddening also. I wonder have they gotten rid of that? It's almost as bad as in PES where players scuff passes with the outside of their boots.

Archived