BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

bolton 1 rovers 4

not sure if this one has been covered. Anyone remember our promotion season game at the reebok? bolton 1 rovers 4, was at the game, it was a 6 pointer as bolton were right behind us if i remember correctly, my best memory of that match was when matt jansen was one on one with the keeper and he did this amazing dummy, he put the keeper on his arse and dinked the ball over him, craig hignett also scored a wonderful freekick after coming off the bench. I think it was freezing cold during that game as well.

Aye, it was the absolutely freezing, spent most of the game bouncing on the spot.

Great performance from a team that was far too good for that league. Friedel, Duff, Dunn, Jansen, Hignett, Berg, Short, Berkovic, Hughes- christ it's better than our side now!

Edited by Mattyblue

• 4 months later...

One of my all time favourite games. Playing Bolton was always a nightmare when I was growing up, we always seemed to lose (in the 70's) and I still managed to get a few duffings at school the first few days back! God, if we managed a draw or win it was a living nightmare!!! I even got a few when they won promotion in '79 (I think that was the year), and nearly managed one on the Blackburn End that night just for cheering us on!! So, to watch that fantastic team tear them apart was brilliant, loved every minute and gloated about it for months in ALL my locals.....great times! :D

I think it was freezing cold during that game as well.

I'm still thawing out from that one. It was a brilliant game . Craig Hignett's fourth was aimed right at my face, beautiful free kick.

I had to enjoy the company of Trotters' fans back on the train to Bolton. Somewhere south of Westhoughton station I allowed myself to break into a big grin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.