BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2012

I'm in my first full season as Rovers and I'm going great guns!

I've made a couple of what I think are WORLD CLASS signings - I've got the next Wayne Rooney, the next Chris Smalling and the next Gabriel Batistuta all in my squad - bet nobody can beat that!

I promised the board we'd finish in the champions league by the end of the season but I just can't seem to buy a win at the moment. My last game I was 3-1 up with only a few minutes to go so I went to open a can of Stella from the mini fridge and I came back and it was 3-3!!?? The problem is, I don't know the difference between a 4-4-2 and a curly-wurly. None of that matters though in this game - as long as you can do a good press conference and say the right things it's a doddle.

Although I'll probably get relegated the board swallow all the crap I spoon feed them on my regular "jollies" to India and they think everything is hunky dory so I don't see myself getting the sack any time soon. The fans are 99% behind me, only problem is 1% of them seem to think I'm not up to the job. Cretins.

Just bought myself a nice 4 bedroomer at the top end of Ossy, be getting a nice fat new contract at the end of January when my pal Balaji flogs Junior to the Geordies in January. Things could not be sweeter.

Steve

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in my first full season as Rovers and I'm going great guns!

I've made a couple of what I think are WORLD CLASS signings - I've got the next Wayne Rooney, the next Chris Smalling and the next Gabriel Batistuta all in my squad - bet nobody can beat that!

I promised the board we'd finish in the champions league by the end of the season but I just can't seem to buy a win at the moment. My last game I was 3-1 up with only a few minutes to go so I went to open a can of Stella from the mini fridge and I came back and it was 3-3!!?? The problem is, I don't know the difference between a 4-4-2 and a curly-wurly. None of that matters though in this game - as long as you can do a good press conference and say the right things it's a doddle.

Although I'll probably get relegated the board swallow all the crap I spoon feed them on my regular "jollies" to India and they think everything is hunky dory so I don't see myself getting the sack any time soon. The fans are 99% behind me, only problem is 1% of them seem to think I'm not up to the job. Cretins.

Just bought myself a nice 4 bedroomer at the top end of Ossy, be getting a nice fat new contract at the end of January when my pal Balaji flogs Junior to the Geordies in January. Things could not be sweeter.

Steve

That's great. I bet you don't have the next Jeremie Aliadiere and Phil Neville though:

nextjeremiealiadiere.jpg

nextphilneville.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

has anybody got any good/great first team coaches at their club?? i aint played it for a while but just starting again and i can't remember who my coaching staff was. they where really good though in their training category.

throw some names at me...please!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276677-FM12-Good-Staff

have to register to view though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finished my first season with Rovers last night.

Ended up in 7th position, narrowly missed out on a EURO Cup place as I finished two points behind City.

Biggest annoyance is that Swansea, who were relegated with 20 points, took 4 off me! Also Wolves thrashed me 4-0 for no apparent reason!

Signed Fierro (1.2m), Christian Eriksen (6.5m over 40 months) and a french left back Haimada.

Sold Roberts (500k) and Olsson to Spurs for (9.5m)

Finished my first season with Rovers last night.

Ended up in 7th position, narrowly missed out on a EURO Cup place as I finished two points behind City.

Biggest annoyance is that Swansea, who were relegated with 20 points, took 4 off me! Also Wolves thrashed me 4-0 for no apparent reason!

Signed Fierro (1.2m), Christian Eriksen (6.5m over 40 months) and a french left back Haimada.

Sold Roberts (500k) and Olsson to Spurs for (9.5m)

500k for Roberts ? Nice work ! In the real world, you'd have to pay someone to take him.....

My first season is going great, (after scrapping a first attempt which didn't go anywhere near great) I'm 5th in the PL after 22 games. In fairness, I have yet to face United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool a second time, so things might flatten out a bit. Hoilett is on fire playing on the right wing with 9 goals so far, and Pedersen is having the season of his life as a central midfielder. Got rid of Roberts and Goulon for peanuts in the first transfer window and started wheeling and dealing heavily in January, selling Formica (who had been great as an unorthodox left winger!) to Napoli for £7 million, Samba to City for £20 million and brought in Dutch striker Luuk De Jong, Adam Johnson and Owen Hargreaves so far. The only blip has been Hargreaves, whom I thought was a steal at £500k, but it turned out that his natural fitness level is at a stunningly low 5... He was injured in his first game and hasn't returned yet.

Can anyone copy and paste the names of some good staff of that link? I'm having a nightmare with mine, clubs keep stealing random people off me!! Must have had 15 comings and goings in staff in a game year.

I'm half way through my second season, im in 8th place.

In my first season, I sold Pedersen Vuksevic Hanley Roberts Goodwille and released Grella, ribiero and Anderson out of spite. Then got loan fees for Slew, Morris and a couple of other players. Hoilett Olsson Samba Rochina Formica all get new 5 year deals.

Signed Ronnie Stam from Wigan, and literally nobody else would move to me. So i went into the first season with hardly a squad. Then January came along. Signed Hugo Rodellega for 12m, and Paulo Assencao for 750k. Wonderful, i thought. Lying in 9th with a decent squad now. Formica is devastating, Yakubu has already got 11 goals and im 9th in the table. Only issue was i was skint. Robinson demanded a transfer on the 29th because there had been so many changes. I sold him, simply because players complaining ###### me off. 6.75m to City, enjoy the bench Robbo. So i started looking at my scouts reports on keepers, and found a guy rated 4.5 stars, ter Skeepenburg or something, a 19yr old keeper from the German leagues. I offered 6m, and was bluntly rejected. I needed a keeper drastically. Out of nowhere, Desai steps in and says she will sort the transfer. 31st January, Rovers sign the keeper for 14 million. Delighted, spent 30m in January!!

The team push on, Rodellega isn't as good as I hoped but still bagged 14 goals for me. The majority of these in the Carling Cup, which we won!! Beat Everton 3-1 at Wembley, went down in the 3rd minute and at 81 minutes I was still 1-0 down, Formica 2, Rodellega 1.

Finished 8th but only 4 points of 4th! Europe league has the board and fans delighted, and im manager of the year.

Great Britain u23 squad want a manager, so naturally applied. Got to the final, had Hart Rooney and Beckham as my over 23s, Bale Goodwille make the squad. Got to the final, against Brazil. Ganso Pato and Neymar as a front three. Lost 1-0 on a 91st minute penalty, the media went wild saying it wasn't a penalty, i naturally covered my back and agreed in the post match presser, Fifa say that I disrespected the Olympics with my outburst on the young referee.

Onto the second season, told Desai id finish 6th, 31m transfer budget. Signed K. Jones (5), Sturridge (3. 9), Luca Toni (free) Gattuso (free) Gago (5) and loads of foreign young talent.

So my team is

ter Skeepenburg

Stam samba Dann olsson

Gago Gattuso

Sturridge Formica Rochina

Jones

Toni, bunn, Nzonzi, Rodellega, Givet and 2 kids

and as I said, I'm 8th, and through the group stages of the europa league awaiting the draw.

I'm in my third season with rovers going bloodey well! currently 1st after only 4 games mind..

Anyway first season sold loads of deadwood, raised around £15 Million.

Signed an Ivory Coast striker by the name of Wilfred for 2.5 Million, scored 17 in 27 games for me got injured. Also signed Kadlec (ST) 14 games 10 goals and Leigh Griffiths 975k! 16 games 9 goals! also signed Neal Eardley, Gabriel Silva and Erick Torres and Mahamadou Diarra. As you might notice, i like to go for young players!

Anyway that season did pretty well finished 7th 3 points from 3rd.

Moving onto my second season, I signed a few good/great players. Sotiris Ninis (Free) Jose Bosingwa (Free) Dodo (Free) Ninis is one of my best players now as well as Dodo both young aswell bosingwa is a solid, Also signed.. Steven Taylor (7.5 Mil) Kara (7 million) Dusdan Tadic (4 mil)

Did alot better then I thought I would first game away to Sunderland got beat 4-1 thought it was going to be a looong season..well it wasnt only lost against Utd at home all season, and went on a 10 match winning streak which shot me right upto 3rd, I stayed there until the 2nd from last game of the season, were i moved upto 2nd within 1 point of Liverpool, Last game of the season who do I face.. LIVERPOOL! so we go 1-0 up im happy then we go 2-0 up more then happy then they make it 2-1 and then 2-2 then score yet another 3-2 89th minute comes we score to make it 3-3 so looks as though Liverpool are champions! But NO..no we didnt win the league.. City in another game get an own goal and win the league we finish 3rd!

Anyway 3rd season now Got 30 million to spend bought.. Fuchs from schalke (LB) Coates from Liverpool (5.75 mil!!!!) Kameni (GK) very good, so really looking to finish top 4! as i have a young blossoming squad which im sure next at least 3 seasons will win the league and CL

Just entered my 3rd season (Funnily Liverpool also won the league last season)

I finished 3rd and I regegated Burnley

darrenlaigneaunewsinbox.png

darrenlaigneaunewsinbox.png

My biggest problem is my goals conceeded, hopefully wuth a few decent full backs i can push for the title

Laughatthedingles, do we have any CA/PA boosts on the way? Such as Lowe, possibly Henley (maybe to -8) also is the debt going to be upped and these possible contract clauses added?

It will all be as close to real-life as it can be. Any suggestions or information is more than welcome.

Into my third season as well.

The Premier League has become a wide open race, 5 points seperate the top 8!

At end of Jan, its Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, ROVERS, Arsenal, Fulham (had a takeover and spent billions), Man City, Man Utd, Newcastle.

My team is good, although we concede too many (as said above)

Samba, Hoilett and N'Zonzi are still in the team.

Best signings have been Joel Obi from Inter, Gabriel Torje, Dusan Tadic and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

Is the 4-2-3-1...

Obviously a back 4

2 DMCs or 2 MCs?

Is the 3 therefore midfielders or attacking midfielders. Are the outside midfielders split wide or narrow?

4-2-3-1, 4-2-2-2 (2cm 2 if) or 3-2-2-2-1 (wb cdm cam st) the latter is for goals, as is the middle. Former is a counter tactic

4-2-2-2 - Is that 2 MC, 2 AMC and 2 attackers?

3-2-2-2-1 - 3 DC, 2 WB, 2 MC, 2 AMC and 1 attacker?

Thanks!

Is the 4-2-3-1...

Obviously a back 4

2 DMCs or 2 MCs?

Is the 3 therefore midfielders or attacking midfielders. Are the outside midfielders split wide or narrow?

4-2-2-2 - Is that 2 MC, 2 AMC and 2 attackers?

3-2-2-2-1 - 3 DC, 2 WB, 2 MC, 2 AMC and 1 attacker?

Thanks!

4-2-3-1 has (usually) either 2dm or 2 cm, 2 wingers and a amc in the 3.

My 4-2-2-2 has 3 CB, (middle one limited) 2 wing backs - support, 2 cm (one ball winner defend, one ball winner support. 2 AM one advanced Playmaker support the other a attacking mid attack. 1 complete forward and 1 poacher

Non of this starting in the Prem nonsense for me. Started with Stockport in the BSP, got them back-to-back promotions to the Championship then the chairman started selling players so I left I went to Wolves who were in the Championship (along with Rovers). Got them promoted to the Prem at the first go. Got bored now.

Archived