BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Top Gun Maverick is a great movie with good interesting storyline. 

I would recommend that movie to anyone. 

Also looking forward to seeing new Jusarric Park and The buzz lightyear movies in the coming weeks

Edited by chaddyrovers

• 3 weeks later...

I remember years ago seeing a Norman Wisdom film which was made in Darwen but it seemed to disappear off the face of the earth. I found this five minute clip though and any Darreners will recognise some of the buildings.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 31/05/2022 at 02:31, chaddyrovers said:

Top Gun Maverick is a great movie with good interesting storyline. 

I would recommend that movie to anyone. 

Also looking forward to seeing new Jusarric Park and The buzz lightyear movies in the coming weeks

Top Gun was tosh. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Top Gun was tosh. 

Depends if you like the original.

If you liked the original you'll like the new one. If not you won't.

Mainly because it's practically the same plot line.

Maverick does something stupid. Instead of a bollocking he gets sent to top gun. Students unknowingly embarass instructor in a bar. Instructor walks into class next day much to their shock. Students don't get on during flight training. They bond a little bit in a topless homo-erotic sports scene. Someone close to Maverick dies. Mav may not carry on, but he does. Proper mission comes along at the end. The selected pilots for the mission aren't what peple expect. Mission is unpromising at one stage but eventually becomes good. Pilots, who previously dont get on, get out of plane on deck of aircraft carrier and embrace.

Edited by Hasta

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I’ve just discovered a film called “Going In Style” starring Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Alan Arkin. It’s the sort of storyline that appeals to me about the small man getting his own back after being stuffed by authority. 
The one thing I respect Michael Caine for is even though when acting in an American production like this one, he doesn’t try to adopt a Mid Atlantic accent.