BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NHL?

January 1st 2013 is going to be a huge outdoor game. Toronto vs Detroit at Michigan Stadium (Big House) with a capacity of 110k.

Sounds great, the Winter Classic. There are usually two games played outside. One between Canadian teams too and yes, naturally Toronto is Canadian here. Last year, I watched Calgary and Montreal. Calgary was wearing retro uniforms from the 1920s, I believe they were called the Tigers.

Detroit's calls themselves "Hockey Town", Toronto has a fairly good team this year as well. Both are "Original Six Teams", meaning the established teams that have been around since before expansion. The other 4 are The Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens (French spelling) and Chicago Blackhawks. A real good book is out there called "The Original Six".

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread. I started watching hockey 3 years ago and it has developed into a full blown obsession and has even taken over football in my eyes as a sport. Unfortunately I have the football bug and passion which I can't get away from but I just feel if I had the choice to choose again, as a young boy I would choose hockey. It's a sport with excitement, you never know who is going to win, all the things wrong with football have been sorted (time wasting, cheating, diving, boring long ball)...it's just simply great.

I follow Tampa in the NHL and I have season tickets for HC Stadion Litomerice in the Czech 1. Liga and HC byli tygri Liberec in the Czech Extra Liga.

Football really could learn a few things from hockey.

Pittsburgh Penguins defeated Tampa Bay Lightning 8-1 yesterday. Bad loss, one game only but thought I'd point out such a lopsided score.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/standings Columbus has the worst record. I feel for a smaller city like that. The NHL really is a tough league, a bit like the PL. The St. Louis Blues were poor for a few years but seem to be back in the mix.

I've seen on TV where basketball fans in Serbia get rather rowdy, that's a fact alright, setting off flares as well. Those countries have very good athletes and these kinds of acts among the fans. I hope we don't see misbehaved fans, too many at least at the Euro this summer.

• 2 years later...
Guest Norbert

Football really could learn a few things from hockey.

Playing football on ice would be insanity, although the fighting would be fun to watch.

Archived