BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Important: Rumours relating to Venky's and Rovers

Kamy100

I thought that I would start this thread, simply because of the amount stuff that has been flying around over the last few days.

There are a lot of rumours doing the rounds about alleged wrong doings going on at Rovers. Lots of people that I know have looked into these and there is NO proof that any of the stuff is true.

One of the rumours is that the FA/Premier League are holding a investigation into Rovers affairs. I have heard back from the Premier League today, there is not going to be any investigation into Rovers affairs, as far as they are concerned everything is above board.

The other reason I wanted to open this thread was to warn people, a number of people who have been posting this stuff on Twitter are now subject to legal action, so please, please be careful about what you write on here or post on twitter because now legal action is being taken.

EDIT ------------------------------

People need to read Kamys first post very carefully regarding the rumours. From here on in we will be cracking down on moderation on the site. ANY post that we believe constitutes harrasment will be automatically removed, and the users warned and issued with at least a period on mod watch. Please also note that should any details be requested from the relevant authorities that we will provide that info.

This is not up for discussion.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that I would start this thread, simply because of the amount stuff that has been flying around over the last few days.

There are a lot of rumours doing the rounds about alleged wrong doings going on at Rovers. Lots of people that I know have looked into these and there is NO proof that any of the stuff is true.

One of the rumours is that the FA/Premier League are holding a investigation into Rovers affairs. I have heard back from the Premier League today, there is not going to be any investigation into Rovers affairs, as far as they are concerned everything is above board.

The other reason I wanted to open this thread was to warn people, a number of people who have been posting this stuff on Twitter are now subject to legal action, so please, please be careful about what you write on here or post on twitter because now legal action is being taken.

Do you know if the Football Association are satisfied as well Kamy 100

Kamy, any other rumours quashed or just the ones regarding PL investigation?

Just the PL one, but there is no proof about any of the other rumours. If there was then UK papers would've done stories and had a field day.

Any chance you can get an interview with the owners later this week to clear up the rest of the rumours that have been flying around for the last 12 months ?

Hopefully doing a interview with them soon, no date yet.

Squeaky bum time Tweeters!

So as it stands, no PL investigation, but no confirmation or denial of other rumours due to a lack of proof. Got it.

PL or FA won't comment on other rumours as it has nothing to do with them,

The other stuff there is no proof so at the moment you have to treat all of that as BS.

There's some odd post editing/deleting going on, on the new owners thread. I didn't post anything legally dubious whatsoever. It's all getting very paranoid and I fear for this site and sites like this, if this is what it's come to where you cannot say anything at all.

I actually started my post with "I don't know very much about the alleged dodgy dealings." And I was very careful about the way I worded the rest of my post.

Miker suggested the only mess was the one of possible relegation. And that is not true as several people on this site can testify. I'm not talking about the alleged dodgy dealings and I made that clear (and as I say I know very little about that). More the bad management of the club. I can't elaborate further as I've been asked not to.

But are we not allowed to even discuss the poor decisions and management now? Are we not even allowed to criticize the club? I don't know where the line is drawn. Is the legal action extending to those who think Venkys are doing a poor job now? I don't know how that would work as it comes under free speech.

To put it another way, am I allowed to say I don't like Ginsters pasties because they give me indigestion?

The BRFCS podcast says more than the four sentences I wrote so I don't get it.

PL or FA won't comment on other rumours as it has nothing to do with them,

The other stuff there is no proof so at the moment you have to treat all of that as BS.

Including the stuff l heard about the world record for a chicken in flight? Whoever posted that on another thread hang your head in shame, l just hope you didn't tweet it. Someone give Rebelswar a shout, last l heard he was off to the Grand Canyon with his favourite Norfolk Grey and a picture of Noris McWhirter.

Sorry Kamy, l know it's serious but l'm not one of the ITK crowd and the chicken rumour is the only rumour i've been privy too in the last few days.

Including the stuff l heard about the world record for a chicken in flight? Whoever posted that on another thread hang your head in shame, l just hope you didn't tweet it. Someone give Rebelswar a shout, last l heard he was off to the Grand Canyon with his favourite Norfolk Grey and a picture of Noris

Rhode Island Red, wider wingspan.

I can't begin to understand how a club can take legal action against fans.

What a horrible time.

+1

Evidently they DO care what people are saying.

The funny thing is, anyone who's posted a rumour is at risk, regardless of the truth. Someone could be 100% spot on but because they can't prove it they can be prosecuted.

This could get thrown back in their faces though because IF there is any truth in a rumour and IF the poster can prove it, it lands the accused in hot water.

Other than that though it's a clever legal move to silence the rumour merchants. Cut the rumours, cut the crap, everyone forgives and forgets and we look to the future.

Regardless of how true any rumours are, I still feel Venkys are not the people to take us forward.

There's some odd post editing/deleting going on, on the new owners thread. I didn't post anything legally dubious whatsoever. It's all getting very paranoid and I fear for this site and sites like this, if this is what it's come to where you cannot say anything at all.

I actually started my post with "I don't know very much about the alleged dodgy dealings." And I was very careful about the way I worded the rest of my post.

Miker suggested the only mess was the one of possible relegation. And that is not true as several people on this site can testify. I'm not talking about the alleged dodgy dealings and I made that clear (and as I say I know very little about that). More the bad management of the club. I can't elaborate further as I've been asked not to.

But are we not allowed to even discuss the poor decisions and management now? Are we not even allowed to criticize the club? I don't know where the line is drawn. Is the legal action extending to those who think Venkys are doing a poor job now? I don't know how that would work as it comes under free speech.

To put it another way, am I allowed to say I don't like Ginsters pasties because they give me indigestion?

The BRFCS podcast says more than the four sentences I wrote so I don't get it.

booth, I am not saying they have not made bad decisions or they haven't done anything wrong besides appoint Kean. All that's gone on is that they have made mistakes, through bad judgment or through bad advice or through a myriad of other factors that might have occurred. Anyone that's had to do project management will know this occurs, it's almost unavoidable. Newcastle got relegated under Mike Ashley, then they got promoted, now they're 3rd. Did we not get relegated under Uncle Jack and then struggle the first season in Division One, before gaining promotion the following season?

Yes, we can discuss bad management decisions, but it has to be civilised and reasonable. We're all human and all I want is for there to be some civility in our discussion.

EDIT: As a side note, I was actually asked to feature in Podcast 14. I had initially agreed to do it, but later withdrew because the day before I was advised "new shocking information has just been revealed". My skepticism has grown since then and I went digging for more information and nothing had abated my skepticism and now my skepticism appears to have been well placed.

People need to read Kamys first post very carefully regarding the rumours. From here on in we will be cracking down on moderation on the site. ANY post that we believe constitutes harrasment will be automatically removed, and the users warned and issued with at least a period on mod watch. Please also note that should any details be requested from the relevant authorities that we will provide that info.

Well said :D :D

+1

Evidently they DO care what people are saying.

The funny thing is, anyone who's posted a rumour is at risk, regardless of the truth. Someone could be 100% spot on but because they can't prove it they can be prosecuted.

This could get thrown back in their faces though because IF there is any truth in a rumour and IF the poster can prove it, it lands the accused in hot water.

Other than that though it's a clever legal move to silence the rumour merchants. Cut the rumours, cut the crap, everyone forgives and forgets and we look to the future.

Regardless of how true any rumours are, I still feel Venkys are not the people to take us forward.

A couple of real strange posts on here.

Venky's can be called a lot of things but what certain people have been peddling is quite clearly the worst kind of mud slinging.

If someone is 100% accurate, then in the eyes of the law they need to be able to very it with evidence, if someone said things that libelous against me then I would take it to the courts.

Miker's post sums things up perfectly for me and I would add Nicko has been SPOT on- AGAIN.

Archived