BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Important: Rumours relating to Venky's and Rovers

Kamy100

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kamy for this thread and initial post. It is also timely to remind people that the web is not exempt from anyone taking legal action to obtain redress against libel. There has been far too much repitition of stories heard from someone who knows someone who knows ...........

My view all along is that if there was genuine credibility with some of these allegations then the press would be happily printing the stories.

For once can we all take a deep breath and switch to self-moderating mode, the internet gives too many people the belief that they are invulnerable and unseen.

I thought that I would start this thread, simply because of the amount stuff that has been flying around over the last few days.

There are a lot of rumours doing the rounds about alleged wrong doings going on at Rovers. Lots of people that I know have looked into these and there is NO proof that any of the stuff is true.

One of the rumours is that the FA/Premier League are holding a investigation into Rovers affairs. I have heard back from the Premier League today, there is not going to be any investigation into Rovers affairs, as far as they are concerned everything is above board.

The other reason I wanted to open this thread was to warn people, a number of people who have been posting this stuff on Twitter are now subject to legal action, so please, please be careful about what you write on here or post on twitter because now legal action is being taken.

So legal action is being taken against fans now as we spaek.FANTASTIC,at least the whole of the media will give us some attention.

Blackburn owners injuncting their own fans for spreading rumours.........This would be a big turning point,but it will never happen.

So legal action is being taken against fans now as we spaek.FANTASTIC,at least the whole of the media will give us some attention.

Blackburn owners injuncting their own fans for spreading rumours.........This would be a big turning point,but it will never happen.

Spot on

some people cannot see what is happening

A couple of real strange posts on here.

Venky's can be called a lot of things but what certain people have been peddling is quite clearly the worst kind of mud slinging.

If someone is 100% accurate, then in the eyes of the law they need to be able to very it with evidence, if someone said things that libelous against me then I would take it to the courts.

Miker's post sums things up perfectly for me and I would add Nicko has been SPOT on- AGAIN.

Someone could be 100% accurate without proof. Someone who told them something may well have told them the full truth, but the person who goes public can only prove it in so far as "oh, so and so told me".

Say for instance, Mr A is a member of the KKK. I can't prove it, but I know it, because i've been told by someone reliable. And I tell everyone about it.

If he were to take legal proceedings against me for defamation then yes, I would be found guilty, as my only proof is that someone told me and I repeated it as gospel.

If he were to take legal action against the person who told me however, who had undeniable truth he was a white supremacist, pictures, documents, even a confession, the case would be thrown out and a counter sue case would no doubt ensue.

The KKK have nothing to do with what's going on, that was just the first example I could think of. My point stands though that you can be done for defamation even if you are correct in what you are saying.

And it is also handy for people to be prosecuted for defamation as it makes it appear on face value that rumours are untrue. The legal proceedings are NOT to do with truth, they are about spreading rumours that they can't prove that show the accused in a bad light. This would divert attention from the fact that the story may well be true.

And as a final note, I can categorically say none of what I said above bears any relevance to what is going on. I am just summising the legal system and the way the cases work.

I am not an ITK , but I have a suspicious mind and investigative ...

A couple of things puzzle me intensely ..

Did Venkys receive an offer from Qatar to buy the club ? And was the offer above what they paid ? If the answer to this is YES , why did they not sell , they will never get a better offer ..

Why is Steve Kean still the manager ?????? There is no logical business reason for him too still be the manager .

There is no logical business reason , why if they received an offer above what they paid , they did not sell it..When we go down it won't be worth 50% of its value today ....Something is not right here .

Did Venkys receive an offer from Qatar to buy the club ? And was the offer above what they paid ? If the answer to this is YES , why did they not sell , they will never get a better offer ..

Why buy the club in the first place if they were just going to sell?

The club ties in with their plans for global expansion and most likely their football passion.

Why is Steve Kean still the manager ?????? There is no logical business reason for him too still be the manager .

None. Other than they like him, but then so do the players apparently.

However, they had already made a managerial decision in October by sacking Jensen and replacing him with Clement. Having made that decision they would have to assess its effectiveness and given the results, performances and teams played since then, I would suggest the decision has been an effective one. They'd have set performance targets for him.

My opinion: they should've just sacked both Kean and Jensen. However, while I'm almost certain Kean will always be a rubbish manager, I think the Clement appointment has been a shrewd and effective one, so I want to wait and see what happens at Wigan for this reason alone. If we win, I won't be convinced we've turned a corner, but I'll have more hope that Clement is having a positive effect on the team.

Do you know if the Football Association are satisfied as well Kamy 100

The PL will surely not want to give themselves the headache of dealing with a club who may have broken the rules when that club will not be their problem in 6 months.

Unless things come to light in the media I think they are happy to let us implode into the Championship.

That's when things might get nasty.

Why buy the club in the first place if they were just going to sell?

The club ties in with their plans for global expansion and most likely their football passion.

None. Other than they like him, but then so do the players apparently.

However, they had already made a managerial decision in October by sacking Jensen and replacing him with Clement. Having made that decision they would have to assess its effectiveness and given the results, performances and teams played since then, I would suggest the decision has been an effective one. They'd have set performance targets for him.

My opinion: they should've just sacked both Kean and Jensen. However, while I'm almost certain Kean will always be a rubbish manager, I think the Clement appointment has been a shrewd and effective one, so I want to wait and see what happens at Wigan for this reason alone. If we win, I won't be convinced we've turned a corner, but I'll have more hope that Clement is having a positive effect on the team.

[/quot

You maybe rihght about Clement Miker , only time will tell ..Not sure about their football passion , Global expansion most certainly ..I am certain they are very unpopular with the fans , mostly to do with the appointment of Kean ...

SO....THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE NOT LISTENED TO US, THE FANS, ONE IOTA......BUT NOW THAT THINGS HAVE BEEN SAID THAT THEY (POTENTIALLY)DON'T LIKE, THE OPINION OF US FANS ALL OF A SUDDEN MATTERS!!!!

WHAT A LOAD OF ######!!

They don't care what we think of them, but they care what we say about them.

Oh well.

Very true , but like you wrote earlier , if some of the things are true ,it is a very sticky wicket !!!

That is why I would like to know , WHO IS SUING WHOM ?

It's interesting though, as the legal action would not be kept quiet, and Venkys would then have to come out and categorically deny the rumours themselves.

And once the rumours go public, an awful lot of people will start looking into them. Let's hope for their sake there definitely is no substance. If I were facing legal action i'd make sure everyone knew why.

Just a thought here, but could this not massively backfire?

Say for instance they went to prosecute Mr A. As part of the court hearing he has to show his evidence, which will result in him saying "oh, erm, B and C told me".

Surely then they'd go after B and C as more of a priority as they would be seen as responsible for starting the rumours?#

And then in further cases, B and C say their evidence was that they were told by D E F and G.

Would this trail not then lead back to the source and, once and for all, everyone will know if it's a load of tosh or absolutely true?

Sure, A B C D E F and G would all have been tried for defamation along the way, and found guilty at that, but where would the buck stop? It would surely HAVE to return to the source unless someone took the hit along the way and said "Sorry, it was me, I made it all up"?

• 2 weeks later...

People need to read Kamys first post very carefully regarding the rumours. From here on in we will be cracking down on moderation on the site. ANY post that we believe constitutes harrasment will be automatically removed, and the users warned and issued with at least a period on mod watch. Please also note that should any details be requested from the relevant authorities that we will provide that info.

This is not up for discussion.

Can I just reiterate this AGAIN after 2 different issues in the last couple of days. NO Allegations or anything that could be used as instigating or helping illegal activities, or you will be banned.

Keep it Civil or else..

Archived