BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Givet

Baz

Anyone seen this:

Citizen

He's obviously been stupid, but there is a bit more to the article...

It was after the Norwich game, when the players held a meeting about the poor form.

If things are as rosy as Kean says, why are the players having meetings without him. Doesnt indicate they are united behind Kean to me.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just wondering about this. Steve Kean gets convicted of DD and we have a zillion page thread, a poll calling for his dismissal and a general character assassination. I do realise he appears to have lied in court (I say seems because I haven't read it myself) and Givet just took it on the chin.

Givet gets 7 replies and a "these things happen" shrug of the shoulders. Double standards on behalf of many people in my view.

• Moderation Lead

Drink driving is very wrong.

But there's no double standards, Steve Kean has done a lot of other things to get fans backs up and create this horrible situation than Givet has. The drink driving for Kean just added fuel to the fire as far as I'm concerned.

Drink driving is very wrong.

But there's no double standards, Steve Kean has done a lot of other things to get fans backs up and create this horrible situation than Givet has. The drink driving for Kean just added fuel to the fire as far as I'm concerned.

I know what you're saying but I think the issue that most have with Kean is that he lied in court claiming that a supporter spiked his drink. Givet hasn't done that, that for me is the difference

I know what you're saying but I think the issue that most have with Kean is that he lied in court claiming that a supporter spiked his drink. Givet hasn't done that, that for me is the difference

Spot on. Drink & driving is of course highly unacceptable and should be struck hard upon, its very dissapointing by Givet, however Givet hasnt lied about it, like Kean did, hence the different reactions.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought. Many are divided in.heart for bolton match. Win, Kean could stay. Lose Kean could be sacked.

I believe Kean is sacked already.

I always want Rovers to win. But it would be good it they beat bolton for Givet. Win it for Givet. Chant Givet throughout the match. Forget Kean, ignore him during the match. But outside the stadium, no matter result.Kean out chants outside the.JW.

• 3 months later...

Most of the biggest earners left will go in the summer regardless if we stay up. The priority is not the football club but the Venkys brand and also no requirement for the Rao family to put any money in.

It could well be that Givet is carrying a knock, but after the constant stream of lies and duplicity from Kean and the owners, the fans have every right to raise eyebrows when a player is suddenly unavailable - especially a senior high-earner. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Givet was another one headed for the exit door.

Wasn't Samba injured, fit, ill, avaliable and on strike over about 10 days?

Wasn't Nelsen 'weeks away from a return'?

According to Hunt, 'there is no contract issue. Salgado is avaliable'.

So who are we to doubt Givet's 'injury'?

It could well be that Givet is carrying a knock, but after the constant stream of lies and duplicity from Kean and the owners, the fans have every right to raise eyebrows when a player is suddenly unavailable - especially a senior high-earner. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Givet was another one headed for the exit door.

High earner? 15000 quid a week! By my standards "yes"!

Archived