BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Givet

Baz

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we really believe that Kean has any control over this? I highly doubt he wouldnt want his best players available. Him standing by Venkys shows his loyalty to them and hence why they find him unsackable. Any professional manager wouldnt stand for this. He's "ambitious" and believes he can make a name for himself.

What makes you think getting rid of players on decent money wasn't part of the axis of evil's plans from the very beginning?

I think it was and I think Kean was very much part of this whole plan. Get young players in cheap, let super coach Kean turn them into top PL players - then sell at a profit.

People keep looking for all kinds of explanations of why the club's being run the way it is, but the Raos told us their plan when they first took over. Spending at low levels [£5m/transfer window for 3 seasons] - how many players have we brought in at c£2m? Using young players - how often does Kean tell us about the average age of the team? It's obvious what they're trying to do. They're trying to massively cut the wage bill and run the club on the cheap with a view to selling on players that become any kind of value. {why did Kean and JA emphasise how much Rochina was really worth]?

It's all very much in front of our eyes, we just need to stop looking elsewhere.

What makes you think getting rid of players on decent money wasn't part of the axis of evil's plans from the very beginning?

I think it was and I think Kean was very much part of this whole plan. Get young players in cheap, let super coach Kean turn them into top PL players - then sell at a profit.

Not the worst plan in the world for a club like ours. Trouble is, there's something missing in all of this on both the coaching and playing side. ABILITY.

Not the worst plan in the world for a club like ours. Trouble is, there's something missing in all of this on both the coaching and playing side. ABILITY.

It's a terrible plan for a club wanting to compete in one of the best leagues in the world. OK if you're Crewe.

Bringing in youngsters is fine if it's to supplement good, experienced pro's.

People keep looking for all kinds of explanations of why the club's being run the way it is, but the Raos told us their plan when they first took over. Spending at low levels [£5m/transfer window for 3 seasons] - how many players have we brought in at c£2m? Using young players - how often does Kean tell us about the average age of the team? It's obvious what they're trying to do. They're trying to massively cut the wage bill and run the club on the cheap with a view to selling on players that become any kind of value. {why did Kean and JA emphasise how much Rochina was really worth]?

It's all very much in front of our eyes, we just need to stop looking elsewhere.

Yup - we keep hearing the same rubbish and soundbites from Kean and there is obviously a reason behind that.

I followed the Salgado tweets last night, some very interesting stuff reading between the lines not just with Givet but here is a section of his timelinefrom later on, that leaves little doubt as to Givets no shows lately IMO.

Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado @BabakGolriz getting back with the group but a little bit disappointed

4 Apr Babak Golriz@BabakGolriz @TheRealSalgado His injury you mean?

4 Apr Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado @BabakGolriz something else

4 Apr Babak Golriz@BabakGolriz @TheRealSalgado Venkys me hace tan enojado! ....... Translated (Venkys makes me so angry!)

4 Apr Michel Salgado@TheRealSalgado @BabakGolriz imagine me

In reply to Babak Golriz Hide conversation 9:36 PM - 4 Apr 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details

That's the reason for this thread being bumped '67.

Yet he's meant to be in line to play. We'll see.

On a side note, I'm actually ashamed at the way the club has treated Salgado. I can still remember the buzz when Hughsey posted the photo his grandad took at Stanley House. Happier times...

On a side note, I'm actually ashamed at the way the club has treated Salgado. I can still remember the buzz when Hughsey posted the photo his grandad took at Stanley House. Happier times...

Likewise, also says he used to get SMS daily from the Rao's until November not a word since, we all know how he feels on that score.

I am also embarrassed about how Salgado has been treated. And Andrews and Roberts and Nelsen and Samba and EHD. I am sure Emerton scarpered before he was pushed.

Don't get me wrong, I know they can all afford Sunday dinner and we gave them all career opportunities, but our classy way of dealing with club affairs is sadly a distant memory.

Regardless of injuries, which I think was the case, I thought the Nelsen departure was pretty tasteless - 7 years very good service and he just leaves.

Like Salgado, he is a top professional, and we should be grateful to have those type of players IMO.

3 different assistant managers and club captain, plus team captain, leaving all in the same season - only Venky's Rovers.

Unfortunately think Givet might suffer a set back to a badly placed decimal point, never heard of this kind of injury at any other club.

According to BRFC's minister of propaganda it is caused by the protesters who were at the training ground breathing on the grass hence altering the moisture content . Head of Security will therefore instruct his Gary Glitter Stormtroopers to search all children's mouth's at future games for airbourne particles.

I am also embarrassed about how Salgado has been treated. And Andrews and Roberts and Nelsen and Samba and EHD. I am sure Emerton scarpered before he was pushed.

Don't get me wrong, I know they can all afford Sunday dinner and we gave them all career opportunities, but our classy way of dealing with club affairs is sadly a distant memory.

Possibly - but you could also say that possibly they have stopped the gravy train.

I don't like the way Salgado was treated - but age had found him out - and yet we had been lined up to extend his contract for yet another year ! Personally I would have more respect for our owners if they had tried to agree a new deal with him without this clause - but we only have one side of that story that they didn't.

Andrews and Roberts - not many Rovers fans wanted them here anyway.

Samba - we got a good fee for - and he wanted to leave.

EHD - personally I don't think he had performed well since his early season form - and you could tell he was impacted by Sam being forced out.

Emerton left for family reasons - in this case I think the club were far too generous in letting him go in the way they did - but at the heart of it was probably more wage reduction.

JW said a long time ago that our wage bill was too high - he wasn't prepared to put our Premiership safety at risk by attempting to address this. It would seem that our owners feel they can address the wage bill issue - but at what risk - we will find out in May (and possibly beyond as attendances continue to drop).

Biggest problem - it would appear they took some bad advice which severely left the club out of pocket before they started to address the wage bill - so the hole just got a lot bigger !

Possibly - but you could also say that possibly they have stopped the gravy train.

I don't like the way Salgado was treated - but age had found him out - and yet we had been lined up to extend his contract for yet another year ! Personally I would have more respect for our owners if they had tried to agree a new deal with him without this clause - but we only have one side of that story that they didn't.

Andrews and Roberts - not many Rovers fans wanted them here anyway.

Samba - we got a good fee for - and he wanted to leave.

EHD - personally I don't think he had performed well since his early season form - and you could tell he was impacted by Sam being forced out.

Emerton left for family reasons - in this case I think the club were far too generous in letting him go in the way they did - but at the heart of it was probably more wage reduction.

JW said a long time ago that our wage bill was too high - he wasn't prepared to put our Premiership safety at risk by attempting to address this. It would seem that our owners feel they can address the wage bill issue - but at what risk - we will find out in May (and possibly beyond as attendances continue to drop).

Biggest problem - it would appear they took some bad advice which severely left the club out of pocket before they started to address the wage bill - so the hole just got a lot bigger !

Have a look at the bench and those who can't even make the bench! More deadwood than ever before and of poorer quality. Wise up.

Have a look at the bench and those who can't even make the bench! More deadwood than ever before and of poorer quality. Wise up.

It is always a gamble when replacing players towards the end of their careers. We havent had a strong experienced bench for a long time as we have never been able to afford the wages - wise up !

We've got rid of a whole team of experience in a year and replaced them with on the whole poor players.

That's more than a gamble, it is reckless and has risked the whole club's future for a rapid 'trimming of the wagebill', sounds like false economy to me (though any percieved benefit has been negated anyway with ridiculous agent fees).

And who's replaced those players, DMTP?

It's all very well ditching senior high-earners but if you don't replace them then you're cutting your nose off to spite your face.

EHD - Hoilett

Samba - Dann

Nelsen - Hanley

Salgado - Orr

Andrews - Petrovic

Emerton - Lowe

Roberts - Yak

Not a comment on whether they are better or not. Personally I think it is a mixed bag - but we have freed up room for youth players to come.through - though possibly too much experience has been lost too quickly at CH

It is always a gamble when replacing players towards the end of their careers. We havent had a strong experienced bench for a long time as we have never been able to afford the wages - wise up !

When they are playing well, like Diouf,Emerton were and Nelsen would have been if picked, its not a gamble at all. The gamble is to give them away and not replace them or to go for untried younger players with no experience of the Premier League. Another gamble that has spectacularly back-fired.

We always had a reasonable bench prior to Venkys/Kean taking over. Never as good as the Manu's of this world but still full of players who you could have confidence in.

Tell me the last time the bench was as weak as it is now. :unsure:

We've got rid of a whole team of experience in a year and replaced them with on the whole poor players.

That's more than a gamble, it is reckless and has risked the whole club's future for a rapid 'trimming of the wagebill', sounds like false economy to me (though any percieved benefit has been negated anyway with ridiculous agent fees).

Dont think replacements have all come off - but who would you have kept ? Baring in mind personal things like Samba and Emerton, loss of form EHD, Salgado etc.

EHD - Hoilett

Samba - Dann

Nelsen - Hanley

Salgado - Orr

Andrews - Petrovic

Emerton - Lowe

Roberts - Yak

Not a comment on whether they are better or not. Personally I think it is a mixed bag - but we have freed up room for youth players to come.through - though possibly too much experience has been lost too quickly at CH

What about the selling of Phil Jones ???

Emerton,EhD and Nelsen.

Emerton wanted to go for family reasons - EHDs form.had dipped - Nelsen could he play every week ? IMO, of those three, Emerton has turned out as the biggest loss.

What about the selling of Phil Jones ???

Jones is a huge loss - but it was outside anyones control. Indeed, getting an increased fee is one of the few things the owners have done well.

Archived