BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Givet

Baz

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus Olsson is the epitome of average. Hasnt added anything to the team. Works dead hard though. NO chance he is playing on merit. He was signed to play instead of players who CANT be selected. Its clear.

Spot on. The worrying thing is that it's looks like we will be seeing a lot more signings from nowhere on the cheap.

Marcus Olsson is the epitome of average. Hasnt added anything to the team. Works dead hard though. NO chance he is playing on merit. He was signed to play instead of players who CANT be selected. Its clear.

Completely agree, Bobby.

I can take a relegation battle where the best players at the team's disposal are putting in as good a shift as possible week in, week out. But we have been denied that due to various spats, contractual issues and non-footballing reasons for key players either not being selected or moved on. Its the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot and then lining up for a competitive running race.

Its been painful to watch this season due, primarily, to the inevitability of it all. The club has been destroyed. I can't bring myself to stop supporting Rovers but I am ashamed of the club and for most of the last couple of years it has only brought disappointment into my life.

VENKYS OUT, KEAN OUT.

• Backroom

Swap Marcus Olsson with the name Mauro Formica or Bradley Orr and the sentence is still basically accurate.

We've seen our team slowly downgraded from premiership standard to championship standard, and results reflect this. Off the top of my head I can only think of wins against Fulham and Wolves this year where we actually deserved to win, and weren't ridiculously lucky.

Our best back 4 at the start of the season was Emerton-Nelsen-Samba-Givet

Since then they have either left or been frozen out.

It does not take a genius to work out why we have conceded the 2nd most goals per game of any team in Europe's top leagues, behind wolves.

• Backroom

All a part of the plan. We've already scouted our replacement during our trips to watch QPR reserves:

Bruno Caldini Perone (born 6 July 1987) or simply Bruno Perone, is a Brazilian footballer that plays as a central defender or defensive midfielder. He plays for Queens Park Rangers of the English Premier League. As of 6 September 2008, he played eight Campeonato Brasileiro Série A games for Figueirense, having scored one goal.

On 11 August 2011, Perone joined Queens Park Rangers on a one-year deal. He made his debut for QPR on 23 August 2011 in a Carling Cup loss against Rochdale. Four days later, he made his Premier League debut playing the entire match against Wigan Athletic.

Young, cheap and Brazilian. SIGN HIM UP.

It does not take a genius to work out why we have conceded the 2nd most goals per game of any team in Europe's top leagues, behind wolves.

Bingo.

I agree mostly, but Emerton didn't play at RB for us for probably at least 2 years before leaving and Givet was average at LB at best. He is the best CB at our club currently by far though.

Our biggest folly was in failing to strengthen the right areas of the team. We never adequately replaced Warnock, Bentley, Tugay or Santa Cruz. It was also obvious that Salgado may need some cover at RB. Those were the 5 key areas for us to strengthen.

Kean found an adequate replacement for Tugay in Jones, but only for half a season and Yakubu has turned out to be a good replacement for Santa Cruz as well, but the rest of the positions simply weren't strengthened.

We brought in 0 full backs and at the start of the season we were continually exposed on the flanks. Salgado and Givet were both being left woefully exposed and without pace to keep up with other team's attackers. If Kean was adamant on using players like Hoilett and Rochina on the wings then he simply had to bring in pacey full backs to balance the team.

In place of Jermaine Jones, we brought in Petrovic who has looked completely out of depth in midfield, an area that has been by far our weakest area for the last few years. Our poor possession stats and failure to control games is a direct result of this as we have no one to control that area of the pitch and certainly not in the more attacking style Kean wants us to play in.

We brought in a player who could have been our Bentley replacement, but he doesn't even get on the bench anymore. I'm not even sure why we bought Vukcevic considering we had about 5 other players vying for the same position already.

Lastly, we brought in Dann for huge money who has been a complete train wreck and insist on playing him ahead of Givet who is far, far better. Had we bought a LB for that money and kept Nelsen, we would surely not be conceding so many goals this season.

Kean has got it all wrong this season with his player acquisitions, team selections and tactics. He has continuously put out an imbalanced team with little experience and fragile confidence. If he had any balls he would shake up the team, drop Robinson and Dann, bring in Bunn and Givet, stick Henley at LB and Lowe back at RB. Go 4-4-2 and push Martin Olsson up to the wing, Orr on the right. Stick Yakubu and Hoilett up front, keep N'zonzi and Peds in the middle.

Rochina, Formica, Goodwillie and Vukcevic given a chance off the bench to change the game if required.

If we did that we would have a much more balanced team to try and win our last few games.

Not sure how accurate it is but I was told the other night that Givet will have to under-go a big operation in the summer on his heart.

If that is true, I suspect that he shouldn't be either training or sitting on the bench. Could you imagine the uproar if there was a Muamba type situation.

I suspect the operation would have been done immediately and he would be recuperating.

Archived