Photo
- - - - -

Givet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
301 replies to this topic

#141 AndyNeil

AndyNeil

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 14:21 PM

He was at the club scouting through Europe, but they wanted him to cover South America and I don't think he fancied it really...

<< FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER - VINATGE FOOTBALL PROGRAMME DEALER.

If you want to sell your Rovers programmes, please contact info@ewoodprogrammes.com

#142 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13589 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 14:45 PM

Could have sworn I read somewhere that he along with the other scouts were told by the new regime that they would let know if their services were required. At which point TP said thanks but no thanks to that arrangement.

Just rumour?

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#143 budha

budha

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 16:06 PM

Has anyone seen any details about the Givet's alleged new contract Kean has referred? Couldn't find any news of such happening "last year"..

Edit: nothing at the offical site or here..

Edited by budha, 08 April 2012 - 16:09 PM.

Follow Rovers in Finnish: http://futisforum2.o...hp?topic=142149

#144 Amarillo

Amarillo

Villarreal CF/Rovers fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13966 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 20:19 PM

Normally when we need a conspiracy theory confirmed we need only wait for Kean to come out and deny it.

Case closed.
The artist formerly known as Topman

#145 Jock

Jock

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 20:27 PM

Has anyone seen any details about the Givet's alleged new contract Kean has referred? Couldn't find any news of such happening "last year"..

He was given a contract for a season that stated he'd get 10 a week basic with 30 grand appearance bonus. Givet asked for a french translation of the contract which he received from a certain agent. :rolleyes:

#146 perthblue02

perthblue02

Champions League

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2900 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 21:37 PM

I can't recall any mentions of a new Givet contract around the time mentioned, but I would take a wild guess that there will be invoices and bills paid associated with negotiating this invisible new contract.
Born 1875 courtesy of John Lewis and Arthur Constantine<span style='color: #333333'><span style='font-family: Arial'> -  Revived 1986 courtesy of  Jack Walker -  Set on the Path to Destruction 2010  courtesy of Venky's , The Plan & their Associates  </span></span>

#147 waggy

waggy

His Majesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7189 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

:rover: i hope givet back in the team on tuesday for that inbesile of a defender called ,dann he is fooking useless,and i wish he threatened me :rolleyes: :brfcsmilie:
http://www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com/
YOU WORK TO LIVE,NOT LIVE TO WORK

#148 savage90

savage90

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 22:09 PM

My guess tomorrow now that he has 'recovered' is... unused substitute.

My guess for tuesday is again... unused substitute and probable inclusion of Marcus Olsson teaming up with martin on the left.

Interesting.

#149 BRFC1995

BRFC1995

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2284 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 22:19 PM

do you think Dann has the cheek to be able to look Givet in the eyes when he walks off, 2nd thoughts having heard the arrogant knob speak i can imagine he's brazen enough to ask for tips.

#150 Bobby G

Bobby G

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8300 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

Givet had a dispute with the club in November/December about who pays about 150k-200k to an old agent or over some taxes if Im not mistaken. Nicko broke the story. Could that be the reason he's out of the fold?

#151 bradeagle

bradeagle

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Think there is nothing more to say on this... How he isnt our main centre back i will never know. Oh yeah i will. Dodgy underhand #######

#152 Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4624 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

This has been the biggest issue for me the past few games. Our teams been crying out for a 'warrior'. So where is ours? Benched due to a few grand. Thought there was no issue Steve? So Scott Dann and Marcus Olsson are better players?

It'll be a long while, if ever, until we see a player of Givet's class pull on a Rovers shirt again.
The championship is a marathon, not a sprint.

#153 Bobby G

Bobby G

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8300 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Its a disgrace Somerset Rover.

#154 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

The Givet situation says all you need to know about this football club.

It no longer exists to be the best it can be, limited resources or otherwise.

#155 alexanders

alexanders

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4974 posts
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:allrovertheplace

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Just imagine how much better we could have been yesterday with Givet on CB/LB and Martin Olsson LW.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I get" - Thomas Jefferson

#156 Bobby G

Bobby G

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8300 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Marcus Olsson is the epitome of average. Hasnt added anything to the team. Works dead hard though. NO chance he is playing on merit. He was signed to play instead of players who CANT be selected. Its clear.

#157 Mattie456

Mattie456

Championship

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Marcus Olsson is the epitome of average. Hasnt added anything to the team. Works dead hard though. NO chance he is playing on merit. He was signed to play instead of players who CANT be selected. Its clear.

Spot on. The worrying thing is that it's looks like we will be seeing a lot more signings from nowhere on the cheap.

#158 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

He reminds me of Forrest Gump when they had him playing American Football, just run!

Edited by Mattyblue, 11 April 2012 - 11:02 AM.

#159 Devon Rover

Devon Rover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:Ant-M

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Completely agree, Bobby.

I can take a relegation battle where the best players at the team's disposal are putting in as good a shift as possible week in, week out. But we have been denied that due to various spats, contractual issues and non-footballing reasons for key players either not being selected or moved on. Its the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot and then lining up for a competitive running race.

Its been painful to watch this season due, primarily, to the inevitability of it all. The club has been destroyed. I can't bring myself to stop supporting Rovers but I am ashamed of the club and for most of the last couple of years it has only brought disappointment into my life.

VENKYS OUT, KEAN OUT.

#160 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

The Givet situation says all you need to know about this football club.

It no longer exists to be the best it can be, limited resources or otherwise.

correct! it's outrageous! :(
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.