BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Givet

Baz

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LT got their fingers burned when they tried to oust Kean... don't expect them to go near the fire again.

Wouldnt surprise me if Cryer had been warned by Mr.football industry, as to his further career prospects away from Ewood Park if he continued to print the 'wrong stuff'.

So Givet is the latest in a run of players who seems to have some sort of contractual issue or disagreements with someone. Who else has there been?

Roberts.

Salgado.

Vukcevic. Where has he disappeared after playing well in the few games we have seen him in?

Nelsen? This seemed dodgy to me. Never played when we had a defensive crisis due to injury and then joins Spurs and is immediately available.

Samba.

Bunn? I have noticed he no longer seems to be on the bench.

Kean slams Givet's attitude after Rovers slump to defeat at Swansea

Kean has absolutely hung Givet out to dry. How many more experienced players do we have that can have their reputations stained?

Watch him not play again and be sold in the summer now. He hasn't been picked for months anyway, but now the excuse has been found.

Well, he'll have to sold now and replaced with a below average player.

I can imagine why Coco wants to keep the conversation private, it probably went something like:

"Gael, we really need you today, if we can keep the back door shut today, we've got a real chance of getting 3 points, staying up, and then we can make that push for Europe next season!"

"Yeah, right, like that's ever gonna happen with these jokers & a bell end like you in charge!"

Presser:

"Givet not in right frame of mind!"

With Hanley likely to miss at least one game, we really, really need Gael back. Naturally we did even before that, to replace Dann, but even more so now.

Bunn? I have noticed he no longer seems to be on the bench.

I'll grant you the others, but Bunn is actually injured. Either that, or he's really playing along with the charade. People have seem in him the stands with crutches at recent games. I also don't think having him in the stands rather than on the bench matters financially.

I can imagine why Coco wants to keep the conversation private, it probably went something like:

"Gael, we really need you today, if we can keep the back door shut today, we've got a real chance of getting 3 points, staying up, and then we can make that push for Europe next season!"

"Yeah, right, like that's ever gonna happen with these jokers & a bell end like you in charge!"

Presser:

"Givet not in right frame of mind!"

My gut feeling is that Givet was informed that he was once again on the bench and he said "sod this for a game of soldiers".

Well it's backfired now if Hanley is injured. Except that he'll probably have an excuse lined up. Why does no-one challenge the toad?

"What's up with Gael Givet this week, Steve?"

SK: "Slight knock"

"What, like Roberts?"

PA: "There'll be no more questions about Givet"

SK: "Not contractual issues"

"What, like Salgado?"

SK: "Injured"

"What, like Nelsen?"

SK: "Head's not right"

"What, like Kalinic"

SK: "Failed a late fitness rest""

"What like Samba?"

What I want to know is why we only ever hear Kean's side of the story...

Whatever went on, Givet should have played and given 100% if asked IMO . He has been part of the defence that's leaked for most of the season and has a responsibility to fans at at least to try to redeem himself along with the rest of the team and staff down at Ewood. His playing colleagues surely would have been dismayed to hear that his head was not right for this vital game. Issues with whoever can be discussed at the end of the season-including Givet's own role in the demise too. Kean has left himself open to this kind of thing by leaving the squad so short of defenders. There was no attempt made public to replace either Samba or Nelson-thus there were just three possible central defenders for the run in (Dann, Givet and Hanley)-now there is one! So, we end the seaon like we started with a midfielder hopelessely out of position trying to fill in against Premier League Oppostion. Thanks Steve and Gael.

His playing colleagues surely would have been dismayed to hear that his head was not right for this vital game.

I'm not sure about that, Barnesy. I think his playing colleagues have heard so much claptrap come out of Kean's mouth that they took it with as big a pinch of salt as we did.

Whatever went on, Givet should have played and given 100% if asked IMO . He has been part of the defence that's leaked for most of the season and has a responsibility to fans at at least to try to redeem himself along with the rest of the team and staff down at Ewood. His playing colleagues surely would have been dismayed to hear that his head was not right for this vital game. Issues with whoever can be discussed at the end of the season-including Givet's own role in the demise too. Kean has left himself open to this kind of thing by leaving the squad so short of defenders. There was no attempt made public to replace either Samba or Nelson-thus there were just three possible central defenders for the run in (Dann, Givet and Hanley)-now there is one! So, we end the seaon like we started with a midfielder hopelessely out of position trying to fill in against Premier League Oppostion. Thanks Steve and Gael.

it was Kean's decision not to play Givet. It wasn't Givet's decision. Someone needs to ask Kean what was said to make him think Givet was 'not in the right frame of mind'. That's if Agnew lets anyone near his special friend. Maybe Givet is being sidelined because he is a high earner and they want him out of the club. Surely not!!

. His playing colleagues surely would have been dismayed to hear that his head was not right for this vital game.

Please don't tell me you actually believe that line from Kean ?? It's obvious that following in the footsteps of EH-Diouf, Samba, Emerton, Nelsen et al that Givet has been earmarked by the owners and manager as the next experienced, high-earning, non-conforming player to be given the chop and Kean is merely preparing the way for his departure. Givet also provides a convenient excuse for Kean for the inept display at Swansea. Kean is a football poltical animal ....he didn't get a Premier League job without deserving it by not knowing every trick in the book.

Please don't tell me you actually believe that line from Kean ?? It's obvious that following in the footsteps of EH-Diouf, Samba, Emerton, Nelsen et al that Givet has been earmarked by the owners and manager as the next experienced, high-earning, non-conforming player to be given the chop and Kean is merely preparing the way for his departure. Givet also provides a convenient excuse for Kean for the inept display at Swansea. Kean is a football poltical animal ....he didn't get a Premier League job without deserving it by not knowing every trick in the book.

The only thing that surprises me is that people like Barnsey still keep popping up with their wide-eyed, Kean can do no wrong thoughts.

Pretty soon we will move on to how "Venkys are the victims", followed by "it's all the fans' fault" before a final crescendo of "we would have won more games if it weren't for those dirty protesters not getting behind the team".

We will turn Barnsey around just in time before the next one comes along. If we can get through one a week we'll have complete fan unity by the time we next get back to the top flight, in 2083.

This morning's LT reports that Givet did not refuse to play on Saturday, he was dropped from the squad after a "heated" exchange of words with Kean at the hotel pre-match. Kean has lost control of the dressing room, when you have arguments pre-match with key players then the result is that you get performances ala Saturday.

This morning's LT reports that Givet did not refuse to play on Saturday, he was dropped from the squad after a "heated" exchange of words with Kean at the hotel pre-match. Kean has lost control of the dressing room, when you have arguments pre-match with key players then the result is that you get performances ala Saturday.

Doesn't Kean have to be very careful about what he says? If this is true then he is sailing dangerously close to defamation of character surely? If i were Givet i'd be distinctly unhappy about what Kean inferred.

Reading the LT today it would appear that Givet wanted to play but was sidelined after an exchange of words with Kean. This probably explains why the players have given up. The manager is prepared to field a weakened team in a must win game because of a disagreement with a player. He then comes out with the Ewood spin machine in full flow about Givet's head not being right. Clearly this guy knows that even if we go down he is still going to be in a job next season.

I think, for once, Andy Cryer has got it spot on in the LT. Nobody showed in the directors box on Saturday for the Rovers and the fans are unlikely to show up at Ewood Park next season.

After 51 years of supporting this club I still haven't decided what to do next season. Sadly,this "death by a thousand cuts" and the continual dross that is spun by the club is becoming too much to bear.

Archived