BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Michel Salgado

arbitro

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate, they're all piissing in the same pot....take tonight on ITV Euro highlights...its obvious to everyone that hodgson has fecked it up with not taking Rio etc....none of the panelists...southgate, martinez and strachan would speak up. Never know when you'll need a Job.

That is very true , the football world is like the health service ...Everyone closes ranks !

• 2 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/7823605/Salgado-speaks-out

Salgado speaks out a little bit:

"It was really disappointing to end it like that because things were going OK for us when suddenly they changed everything," he laments.

"In the last six months I just couldn't stay. It was really upsetting not just for me but for the rest of the team and the fantastic fans. It was tough to see my friends there get relegated from the Premier League.

"It's a family club, an amazing and historical club and I'm really disappointed that they'll be in the Championship next season.

Loving life before the Venky's

"To be honest I'm still trying to find an explanation for the big change in December and it's not an easy one to get to the bottom of. The problem is that if you try to find an explanation there is nobody inside the club that can explain anything. That's the most disappointing and frustrating thing."

"We had a relationship of respect," he adds of Kean, curtly. "Normally the decisions are coming from the manager but at that time the decisions were coming from the club.

"I asked the manager about the situation and about what was happening but he said his hands were tied."

I think Glenn (Pegden) asked him on twitter, and he said he would do!

Seriously, this site should attempt to get an interview with Salgado once he becomes a free agent. We will won't we?

He did agree, but as I did it in public, loads of other fans sites and blogs jumped in and tried to line up their own interviews, so I backed off for now.

To be honest. I suspect if he's willing to go on record, then there are probably people other than us he should be talking to first.

Salgado's imput regarding the recent meetings we had can not be underestimated, He certainly shed a lot of light on things we suspected

I've always had the utmost respect for Michel, but if his input helps put the final nail in Venkeanson's coffin then he'll forever be a Rovers Legend, & I think that will go for almost everyone.

Really good to see a guy who's only been here a relatively short period of time care so much.

I've always had the utmost respect for Michel, but if his input helps put the final nail in Venkeanson's coffin then he'll forever be a Rovers Legend, & I think that will go for almost everyone.

Really good to see a guy who's only been here a relatively short period of time care so much.

Exactly my thoughts too. He certainly gets what the club means to the fans and that same affinity seems to have grabbed him as well.

• 3 months later...

Salgado's tweets in the past couple of days have just demonstrated what a great guy he is.

"It amazes me how Rovers fans love their club"

"Of course I'll get to a game as soon as I have some days off"

"@rdwood89 never say small club, only 5 teams have the privilege to win the Premier. You should be very proud"

"Tugay deserves to come back, I' ve always felt he is a proper legend for after all he has done for Rovers"

@TheRealSalgado

I'd love to see SSN give Salgado half an hour on air to talk about his opinion of what's going on now and when he was at the club, might actually get a positive side of the story for a change, what a top bloke.

Problem is the media don't care about us otherwise Kean and his cronies would not have gotten away with this for so long.

Salgado, a true professional.

Problem is the media don't care about us otherwise Kean and his cronies would not have gotten away with this for so long.

Salgado, a true professional.

Yep was just a pipe dream :)

It's pretty sad though that you can probably count on one hand the number of ex players, coaches, managers etc who have had anything positive to say about the fans, they've either backed Kean or sat on the fence.

In fact forget counting on one hand, the list can probably be counted on one finger!

• Backroom

A lot of tweets from Michel tonight on this situation.

no I meant disrespectful towards you. Had Kean lost the players? Did he seem to have more power than he should?

49mCheshire_20East-20120223-00262_normal.jpgMichel Salgado@TheRealSalgado

@Jonesy_GJ of course he's got power

should be gone. Any man with any self respect would have quit

Cheshire_20East-20120223-00262_normal.jpg

I do agree

They must realize everybody is talking about Kean when the only important thing is Rovers. Nowadays Rovers=Kean for football's world

if Venkys want to stay they must get an English executive chief with experience in Premier and give him power to make decisions

What is your opinion of Kean as a person and a manager?

I'd never do it public, only face to face.

Second step,new chief must decide wether Kean is the right man for the job or not. He must know that the atmosphere with fans is untenable

would you take a position at
if venkeys and kean weren't there
?

of course

Archived