SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring on the dingles!!!!

Its going to be great to support a Rovers team where I'm not torn between wanting a victory and taking comfort from defeat in the vain hope it may spell the end for toenails. 100% behind teaching those 6 fingered sister romancing freaks a lesson in football.

Also the joy to once again watch Rovers and not catch that fat bald buffoon in the corner of my eye stood with his trademark vacant look and grinning like a moron in the technical area.

Such a shame, I logged in today hoping to read about how well the two youth teams from old mill towns had done, looking forward to a bit of friendly rivalry for a change, after it's youth football. Instead I find idiots from both clubs talking the same ###### as usual.

Anyway, well done on reaching the Semi finals. It will be tough for us, we just don't have the resources of the premier league clubs but I'm sure we'll acquit ourselves well. Obviously I won't wish you luck but I do hope it will be a great game and one not marred by the usual silliness (on and off the field).

I'd imagine they do same as they do when the reserves meet. Midweek noon kick off....

Lots of the players tweeting last night asking rovers fans to cone out in force..

The players want us to CONE out in force ? What like a contra flow up the m65 ? I know times is heard but don't LCc have there own cone putter outers? Lol

Will Venkys be able to afford the police/coaches/stewards etc for a proper kick off time?

I think i'm more excited about this game than any other game this season, and the club will probably take it away from us!

Will Venkys be able to afford the police/coaches/stewards etc for a proper kick off time?

I think i'm more excited about this game than any other game this season, and the club will probably take it away from us!

Don't worry, John Newsham will employ his "strip n search" squad against any Rovers fans who dare to attend.

coco out

chicken lickin venkys out

agnew out

newsham out

everybody out

Such a shame, I logged in today hoping to read about how well the two youth teams from old mill towns had done, looking forward to a bit of friendly rivalry for a change, after it's youth football. Instead I find idiots from both clubs talking the same ###### as usual.

Anyway, well done on reaching the Semi finals. It will be tough for us, we just don't have the resources of the premier league clubs but I'm sure we'll acquit ourselves well. Obviously I won't wish you luck but I do hope it will be a great game and one not marred by the usual silliness (on and off the field).

I wonder if you'll now spend the next week or so on here talking about the game, then if the youngsters thump you like the seniors usually do, you'll disappear for 12 months or so with your tail between your legs :lol:

I wonder if you'll now spend the next week or so on here talking about the game, then if the youngsters thump you like the seniors usually do, you'll disappear for 12 months or so with your tail between your legs :lol:

Not really my style, don't think I've ever done a disappearing act, though I do admit to spending sometime licking my wounds - but only after coming on to face the music.

Our players have done very well to get this far but I'm realistic, the semi's will be a massive step on. I imagine your youth budget is 20 or 30 times what ours is, so I think we are really up against it to get a result. Same story really as the recent meetings at senior level, you've had all these years of Jacks money and Premier League money, makes competing incredibly difficult, even at youth level.

Like I say I was hoping more fans would appreciate this is youth football, not Ewood 83 again. Things I've read so far suggest I'm going to be disappointed.

Not really my style, don't think I've ever done a disappearing act, though I do admit to spending sometime licking my wounds - but only after coming on to face the music.

Our players have done very well to get this far but I'm realistic, the semi's will be a massive step on. I imagine your youth budget is 20 or 30 times what ours is, so I think we are really up against it to get a result. Same story really as the recent meetings at senior level, you've had all these years of Jacks money and Premier League money, makes competing incredibly difficult, even at youth level.

Like I say I was hoping more fans would appreciate this is youth football, not Ewood 83 again. Things I've read so far suggest I'm going to be disappointed.

I'm looking forward to the games Longsiders. Even though rovers have had the cash to afford the academy over the years, clubs like Man U and Chelsea [the other two semi finalists] still sweep up most of the young talent.

So while a lot of fans will concentrate on the results of these two games, in all honesty winning the youth cup doesn't guarantee that any of the players will come through. I think I'm right in saying that the last time rovers reached the final of this comp, not one of those players came through. Conversely, we have had lads come through over the last couple of seasons while we've done nothing in the FA youth cup.

Like most on here, it will be great just to get back to attending a game where Kean and the Roas aren't really on our minds. It really is that bad. Good luck, let's hope both clubs get some of these lads through to the first teams.

Same old cr@p longsider, youve got more money blah blah blah

Don't be so sensitive either, if you come on here expect some banter. You brought up 83, which incidentally was just a bunch of idiots throwing bits of asbestos roofing on their own fans, which for some reason is celebrated in certain quarters in the land that time forgot, oh yes and we helped send you down that season also :tu:

You seem to have placed a chip on your shoulder longers, most odd as I don't remember you playing the Bitter Dingle card in the past?

Not a chip Mattyblue - my point is aimed equally at stupid Burnley fans who are talking about this game - even though they have had no interest in the youth team in the last 10 years - as though it's a chance to be idiots again. Personally just had hoped it might be one BRFC/BFC game where the debate could be a little more measured thats all.

Same old cr@p longsider, “you’ve got more money” blah blah blah

Don't be so sensitive either, if you come on here expect some banter. You brought up 83, which incidentally was just a bunch of idiots throwing bits of asbestos roofing on their own fans, which for some reason is celebrated in certain quarters in the land that time forgot, oh yes and we helped send you down that season also :tu:

See above Gav, not sensitive, just think it's youth football and both teams getting to this stage is a big achievement, particularly for us - and yes money money money, out of interest why have Man U and Chelsea won the premier league so many times - could it be down to money money money?

Not a chip Mattyblue - my point is aimed equally at stupid Burnley fans who are talking about this game - even though they have had no interest in the youth team in the last 10 years - as though it's a chance to be idiots again. Personally just had hoped it might be one BRFC/BFC game where the debate could be a little more measured thats all.

See above Gav, not sensitive, just think it's youth football and both teams getting to this stage is a big achievement, particularly for us - and yes money money money, out of interest why have Man U and Chelsea won the premier league so many times - could it be down to money money money?

Simple question.. Have burnley EVER bought a player off another team? Did you spend money money money ? It's no difference you buy a player you are trying to buy success .... 33

I'm looking forward to the games Longsiders. Even though rovers have had the cash to afford the academy over the years, clubs like Man U and Chelsea [the other two semi finalists] still sweep up most of the young talent.

So while a lot of fans will concentrate on the results of these two games, in all honesty winning the youth cup doesn't guarantee that any of the players will come through. I think I'm right in saying that the last time rovers reached the final of this comp, not one of those players came through. Conversely, we have had lads come through over the last couple of seasons while we've done nothing in the FA youth cup.

Like most on here, it will be great just to get back to attending a game where Kean and the Roas aren't really on our minds. It really is that bad. Good luck, let's hope both clubs get some of these lads through to the first teams.

When we won it Des in 1959------there were 3 full internationals from that team-----Pickering,Newton and England-----3 of the very best players of their generation.

Interestingly, no-one else made any impact at all! Over 28000 at Ewood that day.

When we won it Des in 1959------there were 3 full internationals from that team-----Pickering,Newton and England-----3 of the very best players of their generation.

Interestingly, no-one else made any impact at all! Over 28000 at Ewood that day.

That'll be den, 47er.

We've played in the youth final in the last few years - that's the game I was referring to. Pickering,Newton and England? Fabulous, fabulous players.

Barry Ratcliffe who played on the wing in the 1959 final went on to play 50 games for the Rovers first team. The rest hardly played Div 1 football at all although Alan Bradshaw and Vinnie Leech had long careers in the lower leagues. Paddy Daly who was fancied to be the next Bryan Douglas sunk without much of a trace.

For all you knocking Longsiders, he's a decent guy, doesnt take the mick and like us he follows his team, he is to me a proper football supporter, no malice in the guy, give our friends down the road some credit for getting to the semis, Pashley has done well with them, they are very much a team and could be a difficult lot to beat, if indeed we do, we need to be on our game.

Archived