BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The youth team have done excellently to get to this stage of the competition, let's try not to forget that because they are getting beat off a team that spent £8m on one of their players. They have been the only bright spark for our club this season.

The youth team have done excellently to get to this stage of the competition, let's try not to forget that because they are getting beat off a team that spent £8m on one of their players. They have been the only bright spark for our club this season.

well said. theyve given everything tonight. chelsea were more clinical. fair play to them. All 4 goals were quality.

I think the best team lost the first half but as the game wore on Chelsea's class showed.

Didn't know that about the £8m bit.

Having a youth team like this is one of the good things about the club - but it could well be another good thing that Venkys allow to die.

Cue a mass exodus from the youth set-up.

:(

I dont know who the 8 million pound lad wasbut a tall fair haired lad in midfield was demanding the ball all the time, good players do this and they can dictate play, however, some of Rovers football was impressive on the ascendency, defensively we were a little niave!

Think Chelsea had that little bit extra where and when it mattered.

We could have been 3 up after 15 or so but refer to point above !!!

Could have, should have, would have, totally irrelevant, it's the score on the door that counts.

However, great effort to get to the final. Disappointing to see 'ony' 3,400 there and unfortunately, likely to be a lot less at Ewood as game is now virtually dead.

living down south in Landannn, thought id pop to stamford bridge to see the game, sad to see the result go to 4-0 but chelsea really outclassed us i thought as the game wore on. O'Connell and Edwards the two cb were threats from the corners in the early stages for us. Piazon for chelsea caught my eye along the young dutch cb and chalobah. Raheem Hanley had a decent game for us but i was pleased to see cotton whom i've heard much about, he played a fantastic defence splitting ball to O'Sullivan but other than that was quiet.

great promise in getting to the final, hope to see some of these lads in and around the first team come 1st game in the championship next season.

I felt 4-0 flattered Chelsea enormously.

But they took their chances and we fluffed all ours.

The Stamford Bridge pitch was very poor.

Grown long to stop Barcas passing game no doubt.

Not blaming the pitch, just making a comment on it. Didnt alter last nights game.

The 4-0 really flattered Chelsea, but they took their chances and Rovers didn't, at any level that can make a massive difference. Rovers could easily have been 2 or 3 up after 25 minutes, but didn't convert their chances, when Chelsea got on top they did.

Not blaming the pitch, just making a comment on it. Didnt alter last nights game.

The 4-0 really flattered Chelsea, but they took their chances and Rovers didn't, at any level that can make a massive difference. Rovers could easily have been 2 or 3 up after 25 minutes, but didn't convert their chances, when Chelsea got on top they did.

I should have inserted a lol emoticon, I've sorted it now.

As someone who has difficulty getting to Ewood these days, let alone Brockhall, and remembering that the 1959 team produced three full internationals, I wonder if those of you who watch this youth team regularly have any predictions for the rest of us as to who might be the stars of the "Class of 2012"?

One thing's for sure, we wouldn't be able to hold on to them long enough for them to become full internationals these days.

The big screen at half time said "£5 adults and £3 juniors 9th May".

Shame it isn't free to season ticket holders like the Bumley match. Not sure we'll get big numbers - especially being 4-0 down.

Archived