BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wolves V Rovers Preview

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sounded genuinely gutted we were winning :rolleyes: I know it upsets you that Big Sam's gone, but it's gone beyond the point of obsession to mention him when we are winning a massive game away from home! Check out the West Ham MB's, he's as popular there as he was at Newcastle!!

you should have heard the hammers fans slagging off Sam today. although when Robbie Savage asked one if automatic promotion was good enough he said No !!

I am glad we have managed to win today and finally managed to keep a clean sheet but now the big test will be to get back to back victories against the Mackems but today was thoroughly deserved but I have to say the only reason we won today because Wolves were dreadful today and although TC said he thought both teams were fairly even I have to say that is papering over the massive cracks as today if Wolves got anything out of today it would have been a crime as 2 shots on target in 90 mins tells it's own story and looking at it today I have to say Wolves I think look doomed but massive credit has to go to our lads for the performance today and restricting Wolves scraps and if they do go down I would like us in the summer to go for Jamie O Hara could be just what we need to sort out our midfield and 5M should be enough to prise him away but first things first we must after today's good performance put in a similar performance at home & get back to back victories otherwise this win will count for nothing.

Dann and Hanley are starting to look like a decent partnership at the back (Starting, ok, don't jump on me for that), Hoilett behind the Yak is actually as decent a strike force as any, might be the best in the bottom half of the table. Olsson and Olsson seems to be working.

I agree, there is some good news.

"Let's all move on together" - Steve Kean

I'd rather Mr. Kean moved out.

I am glad we have managed to win today and finally managed to keep a clean sheet but now the big test will be to get back to back victories against the Mackems but today was thoroughly deserved but I have to say the only reason we won today because Wolves were dreadful today and although TC said he thought both teams were fairly even I have to say that is papering over the massive cracks as today if Wolves got anything out of today it would have been a crime as 2 shots on target in 90 mins tells it's own story and looking at it today I have to say Wolves I think look doomed but massive credit has to go to our lads for the performance today and restricting Wolves scraps and if they do go down I would like us in the summer to go for Jamie O Hara could be just what we need to sort out our midfield and 5M should be enough to prise him away but first things first we must after today's good performance put in a similar performance at home & get back to back victories otherwise this win will count for nothing.

Take a breath, for pete's sake.

Good win against an appalling Wolves side. More work to be done before the end of the season however.

Is your 'full stop' key broken? :)

You sounded genuinely gutted we were winning :rolleyes: I know it upsets you that Big Sam's gone, but it's gone beyond the point of obsession to mention him when we are winning a massive game away from home! Check out the West Ham MB's, he's as popular there as he was at Newcastle!!

West Ham fans in thinking they are a 'massive club' like the Geordies shocker

Both teams are only three points behind us and strange results are more common at this stage of the season. No offence but I hope the people inside the club aren't as naive as you. ;)

What he said was correct, both teams are 3 points behind us but due to goal difference it's effectively 4 so require 2 losses on our part and at least win and a draw on their part (i.e two games as he said) for them to catch us, and they have harder run ins.

He never said that's it, we're staying up. He just said yesterday's result has put us in a commanding position.

Think Robinson is making a hugh difference as captain!!! true leader!!!

we seem more of a team now without Samba!!! Hanley performances are getting better week in week out!!!

Does anybody the same???

Can't remember which thread i said it on and can't be bothered to look but i said exactly that last week after the Villa game. robinson looks to have accepted that he is the main man now and to have stepped up to the plate. We'd have been better with a fully committed Samba but a Samba who can't be bothered to turn up and lead a young and inexperienced team? Better without him.

Was out for the day in York meeting an old friend. Husband texted at half time to say we were one nil up but then I heard nothing more. Met up with son for tea and he kept checking his phone but i didn't dare ask. he then said " I can't believe there's only 20 secs to go and we're keeping a clean sheet. They can't win now" "Oh," says I, " but they can draw." At which point he replied that we were leading 2-0! so much for relying on husband to text scores. Came home and watched Football first right through with a smile on my face. Doesn't make me like or want Kean as our manager any more than I ever have and the sight of his face grinning at me was nearly enough to put me off my tea, but not even he could spoil it. Felt great to win away; felt great to win at all.

Can't remember which thread i said it on and can't be bothered to look but i said exactly that last week after the Villa game. robinson looks to have accepted that he is the main man now and to have stepped up to the plate. We'd have been better with a fully committed Samba but a Samba who can't be bothered to turn up and lead a young and inexperienced team? Better without him.

Think some of Rovers players were very unhappy with Samba comments and attitude when he wanted out(for the 5 time or so)

now watching the full game now.

I cannot understand this optimism , we were bloody awful 1st half last Saturday , ok we played better 2nd half .Robbo was the Man of the Match , like Gav says 'play like that again we lose '.

Wolves just got hammered at Fulham , so would expect some reaction good or bad ? couple that with Connors 1st home game in charge and the crowd being up for it ..

To my mind we have the worse squad of players in the league thanks to Kean, I will settle for a point now !! Cos I fear a defeat and an Etihad like performance ..Hope I am wrong

Shows how much , I know !

In fairness there does seem to be a togetherness about the players which was evident yesterday after both goals and full time. Hopefully this might be worth a few points between now and the end of the season. As reluctant as I am to give Kean any credit the players do seen to be behind him.

In fairness there does seem to be a togetherness about the players which was evident yesterday after both goals and full time. Hopefully this might be worth a few points between now and the end of the season. As reluctant as I am to give Kean any credit the players do seen to be behind him.

Got to agree there, team spirit looks excellent and to be honest has been for a while. That should count for something in the run in.

I don't know if all this has been said already. I can't be bothered to scroll back through and look to be honest. But today's win had all the trademarks of an Allardyce victory. At no stage did we dominate and at no point was the football pretty. But we did manage to defend stoutly and we pressed in key areas. Marcus and Martin Olsson exposed a weak right hand side and Hoilett was the one key element which provided the spark. Wolves had a lot of the ball but we kept them in areas which were not likely to hurt us.

Very similar comments to the MoTD panel eulogising about the style which Moyes has deployed at Everton for the past 10 years. Not pretty, 'school of science' stuff that many Evertonians were weaned on in the 60's but and with graft, determination and hard work taking the place of flowing attacking football and still the best only option for any club surviving in the Prem on meagre financial resources.

Still most of us on here with any gumption have known that all along.

.... and if they do go down I would like us in the summer to go for Jamie O Hara could be just what we need to sort out our midfield and 5M should be enough to prise him away but first things first we must after today's good performance put in a similar performance at home & get back to back victories otherwise this win will count for nothing.

Watching O Hara in recent matches (albeit on TV highlights) it looks like his flame is flickering feebly.

And if you think BRFC under the current owners will stump up 5m + wages when a free transfer with a few dodgy 'clauses' will do you are deluding yourself.

The weight of unreasonable expectation as modern day spoon fed shallow thinking 'fans' replace knowledgeable supporters is something that dogs most clubs today. I blame amongst other things Sky, Prem league, Champions League, MoTD, the press... and our education system. Reallity is a stranger to all.

And if you think BRFC under the current owners will stump up 5m + wages when a free transfer with a few dodgy 'clauses' will do you are deluding yourself.

I thought when the Walkers were in charge you were of the view that paying transfer fees was a thing of the past and that the way forward was to to loan contracted players or sign out of contract players for free on short term twelve month deals?

Funny how you suddenly don't approve of that policy now the Rao's seem to be trying it. I don't think it's the way forward either but if its good for the goose etc...

;)

I thought when the Walkers were in charge you were of the view that paying transfer fees was a thing of the past and that the way forward was to to loan contracted players or sign out of contract players for free on short term twelve month deals?

Funny how you suddenly don't approve of that policy now the Rao's seem to be trying it. I don't think it's the way forward either but if its good for the goose etc...

;)

the way for Rovers is to sign Young Players under 24, the odd senior player, looking to out of contract players and loans. Clubs like Rovers can't be paying out Big Wages(40 k plus) because we don't have the money or the turnover to sustain that!!! we can't be paying silly money for players on silly money!!! That is a fact of football now thats clubs have to be finanicial sound or clubs will end up like Portsmouth and Rangers sadly!!!

Very similar comments to the MoTD panel eulogising about the style which Moyes has deployed at Everton for the past 10 years. Not pretty, 'school of science' stuff that many Evertonians were weaned on in the 60's but and with graft, determination and hard work taking the place of flowing attacking football and still the best only option for any club surviving in the Prem on meagre financial resources.

Still most of us on here with any gumption have known that all along.

Swansea?

Unreadable. Go to the cooler and re-write this post 50 times with proper punctuation. ;)

The weight of unreasonable expectation as modern day spoon fed shallow thinking 'fans' replace knowledgeable supporters is something that dogs most clubs today. I blame amongst other things Sky, Prem league, Champions League, MoTD, the press... and our education system. Reallity is a stranger to all.

Indeed, like automatically expecting the current owners to shell out tens of millions of their own money to move us into the top half of the table. It would be nice but do we really have any right to demand this? As the lowest net spenders in the League by some distance under both the current and previous owners we should be hovering around the bottom five or six each season and indeed everything has been pretty much a struggle since Hughes departed. It's unrealistic to be thinking otherwise without either

a)some serious "investment" in the squad or

b )an exceptional batch of youth team players coming through simultaneously or

c)A mansger like Hughes who can unearth a number of hidden gems like Samba/RSC etc.

Swansea?

Swansea have done well so far - but the season isn't over yet and there's usually one team that sinks from mid-table. Assuming they survive I also think Swansea are likely to suffer second-season syndrome next year. There's not many managers like Sam and Moyes who can keep low-spending clubs in this league consistently.

Archived