BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Going to see Bruce Springsteen in June and the Kendall calling festival in July.

As for music at the moment, nothing much of interest really is there?

Are you going for the for the full weekend (Kendal)?

Going to see Bruce Springsteen in June and the Kendall calling festival in July.

As for music at the moment, nothing much of interest really is there?

Are you going for the for the full weekend (Kendal)?

I went to see "First Aid Kit" at Manchester Academy a few weeks ago. A Sewdish folk duo consisting of two sisters. OK, I hear you recoil in horror at folk music, but they write some cracking catchy tunes and both the CDs are well worth listening to.

You can catch them on youtube no problem.

I was most impressed when they moved from behind the microphones and sang unamplified, the whole place just went silent and listened.

Lovely.

Their Dad works the sound desk and the drummer on the night was allowed to speak: "It's rather strange being on tour with two sisters." I think that was a Finbar Saunders & His Double Entendres moment.

Well jell.

Bloody brilliant they were to Ozz!

Transmission! Ceremony - which Rovers should walk out to. And the encore of Temptation / Love Will Tear Us Apart will take some beating.

And thank you for the reminder Aggy - it might be a Tuesday and we'll probably be playing Brighton at home or something, but I'll be ordering tickets shortly for the mighty Motorhead.

Off to see New Order at the O2 academy on Friday. Also got tickets to see Frank Turner at Hay Festival which is 10 miles up the road for me. Not often we get live acts around here so can't complain for £10

Just in my hotel recovering after going to see New Order last night. Was fearing they might not still have it but they were absolutely fantastic - blew the roof off the Apollo!

Wish I was going again tonight! You'll have a great time Ricky - provided you turn up at the right venue.... :-P

Edited by MarkBRFC71

I was absolutely crackers about New Order back in the 80’s, but can’t seem to raise any enthusiasm these days, not sure why the tunes are classics, maybe need to get a ticket and be pulled back in.

Just got back from seeing Blood Red Shoes at Manchester Academy 2 - great gig! An awesome noise considering there's only two of them.... top stuff!

Don't know if this'll work (I'm using Tapatalk on the phone) - pic:

02dcbd2b-b426-1378.jpg

You know it, You show it, And the time has come to shoot you down, what a sound

When the day is done, And it all works out,

I'd love to do it and you know you've always had it coming

You know it, You show it, And the time has come to shoot you down, What a sound,

When the day is done, And it all works out

I never wanted, The love that you showed me, It started to choke me, And how i wish i'd said No too slow, I couldn't take that too fast

I want you to know

You know it, You show it, But i can't back down, It's far too late, I can't wait,

Now the time has come, It'll all work out,

And when this Thing is done It'll leave no doubt

So when you've, Had your fun

Will you all walk out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUh_oG13Grs

(And before anyone asks, no, I'm not suggesting anyone do anything stupid - it's just a great song)

Edited by bob fleming

I've been meaning to add a follow up to my earlier post above but the events of this week have left me very low. A pal of mine was a big Albert Hammond fan and he persuaded me to go to the gig. I thought it's not really my cup of tea. Well what a great gig and a great performer, He ran through his songwriting catalogue, very bravely starting out with " Little Arrows " and then "Gimme that Ding ", from then on it was upwards all the way. It was truly amazing to find out the number and range of songs he had written. " The air that I breathe ", "Private dancer", " One moment in time " were all his along with loads more I've forgotten.

If you get the chance go and see him , you'll have a great night.

Yes we're going on the Thursday and staying until Monday.

I went a couple of years ago, the security were a bloody nightmare.

Searches going on everywhere, anyone caught with even the tiniest amount of anything they shouldn't have had were

handed over to the police, taken to the local nick and refused entry back into the festival when released a few hours later.

Never seen anything like it.