BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire this Wednesday

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm sick of words. Neither Hunt nor Agnew can answer the questions that need answering. Actions speak louder than words and the actions of the club throughout this season towards its own fans has been nothing short of disgusting.

Ask Paul Hunt what he thinks about Mrs D sending his request to sack Kean to Kean himself. And then ask Agnew what Kean thinks of Paul Hunt for doing so.Or is this just all a rumour and it never happened??

Ask them both if they expect to have jobs after the latest round of cost cutting ordered by Mrs D?

They are trying to run a football club like their chicken business, they hold the theory that if you cut overheads by 25% and retain turnover, you would normally be in a positive situation, what they are forgetting, is turnover is decreasing!

I am unsure as to my information here, but I think Rovers were looking at increasing the charges for the Youth Cup Semis, from my understanding of Cup Competitions, the FA set the charges, I may be wrong and they cant be changed!

Can't win can they.

They dont communicate, moan grumble "lack of communication" blah blah blah.

They do make an effort to communicate moan grumble "pointless PR exercise" blah blah blah.

At least wait and see what is said and judge it on its merits before dismissing out of hand.

As for the points about the experienced players being removed it might be said that any attempts to stop the Club running with a wage bill of around 87% and running at a more sensible level should be applauded. I am upset about Samba leaving but none of the other departures are any great loss at all imo. And the sooner Pedersen is added to that list the better.

Give me the youthful enthusiasm of the likes of Jason Lowe, Formica and the two Olsson's to the can't really be arsed or simply past it "experienced" pros any day.

Can't win can they.

They do make an effort to communicate moan grumble "pointless PR exercise" blah blah blah.

At least wait and see what is said and judge it on its merits before dismissing out of hand.

As for the points about the experienced players being removed it might be said that any attempts to stop the Club running with a wage bill of around 87% and running at a more sensible level should be applauded. I am upset about Samba leaving but none of the other departures are any great loss at all imo. And the sooner Pedersen is added to that list the better.

Give me the youthful enthusiasm of the likes of Jason Lowe, Formica and the two Olsson's to the can't really be arsed or simply past it "experienced" pros any day.

couldn't agree more with you mate!!!

too many rovers fans are way too negative about everything!!!

I also like the side we got with alot of young players in the side!!! Hanley and Lowe have been outstanding this season when they played!!! Formica is a player who gives 100% every game and works hard for the team. very good techinal aswell!

I disagree about Pedersen. He still as a part to play in the team and games. He plays well in Centre Midfield and keeps it simple he plays well. when he try something complicated he messing it up. can't play wide either now!

It was the "can't really be arsed or simply past it experienced" pros any day who got us out of trouble at the end of last season. The problem is we have released too many older heads and now have a very inexperienced squad (coupled witha rookie manager) that is struggling to keep its head above water in this league.

It was the "can't really be arsed or simply past it experienced" pros any day who got us out of trouble at the end of last season. The problem is we have released too many older heads and now have a very inexperienced squad (coupled witha rookie manager) that is struggling to keep its head above water in this league.

Arguably the combination of Phil Jones and Jermaine Jones in midfield was a major driving force at the end of last season. Hoillet's goals in the second half of the season were crucial as well. I don't think the input of anyone who has left or Salgado or

Pedersen made the difference. I didn't mind Roberts as much as most but I'd sooner have the Yak any day of the week.

Can't win can they.

Communication from the wrong people, Revidge.

* We need answers from the organ grinders, not the monkeys. You only have to see the stock replies Paul Hunt sends out to know what to expect from this PR exercise. They'll skirt around the major talking points and fall back on the usual 'Let's pull together and back the team blah blah'. What more do you expect? Especially when one of them is one of Kean's biggest cronies?

* I don't count myself in that. The time for talk is over. Venky's just need to find a buyer and ship out asap.

• Moderation Lead

They'll tell you what they want you to know and nothing more.

Will be the same as the print/visual media, the fans portrayed as animals and unreasonable, and the journalists won't ask/get to ask any searching questions.

I would echo a lot of the questions that other people have posted. Namely:

• Why is Steve Kean still in a job? Whenever the owners bought the club, they promised that we would be a regular top 10 side, challenging for European and Champions League football. In his season and a half in charge, Steve Kean has lead the club to it's worst set of results in the clubs history, plummeted us into a relegation fight, after we were sitting comfortably in mid-table, only to stay up on the last day of the season and this season it's been worse again, with us languishing in and around the bottom 3 for most of the season. How does this fit into the owners plans for the promises they've made? How can he have survived this long, when Sam Allardyce was binned after a couple of bad defeats?

• Why have the owners not shown their face at the club since November? Surely this just endorses the fans opinions that they don't care about the club and it's turned into a major headache for them. If they have so much faith in Steve Kean, surely they should have the balls to stand by him in person at the games.

• Where has all the promised investment gone? We were told that we would have a regular input of funds to strengthen the squad. However we have since seen the departure of key players, costs being slashed, experienced players being released (despite Kean banging on about how we missed experienced players in the side) because the club didn't want to be paying them bonuses and players, who are mediocre at best, being bought into the club. Again, how does this fit into the plan that the owners promised us whenever they took over?

• Why, have we not heard a single word from the owners in months? The club has been going through one of the most turbulent periods in its history, yet the owners don't say a word.

• Why and with all due respect to Paul Hunt, is someone who makes the decisions at the club not doing this show? Time after time, fans have communicated with Paul Hunt, wanting to be able to talk directly with the owners about the dire situation that the club is in but have been continually ignored. How is this a way to treat the fans of the club? The Pune trip was a publicity stunt, with very little of what was promised being followed through on.

• Blackburn was one of the best run football clubs around. It was the blue print for how a club should operate within it's means and punch above its weight. Would Paul Hunt agree that this is no longer the case and in 18 months, it is more or less unrecognisable from what it once was?

Please could you bring up the subject of the 'leaked letter from JW to Mrs D':

- Why there was no comment from the club about this matter which clearly unsettled fans?

- Have the concerns of JW/MG/TF been address since?

- What role did Anderson play at that time? Could he sanction transfers as the letter implies?

- Is that the reason John Williams left?

- Does the Board currently have the mandate to sign-off transfers within an agreed budget?

I will put any money on them not even allowing these questions to be asked/answered. I would like to be proved wrong...

Thanks everyone for comments - positive and negative. I think feedback is always a good thing. Remember this is your opportunity to get your question across. We will get to as many as possible.

Clearly a lot of issues raised on this forum are for the owners to answer - They won't be attending but there are plenty of other issues that Paul Hunt can respond to.

If you want to book a call now for later on - send me an email with your question to andy.bayes@bbc.co.uk - or call 01254 583-583 from six.

Many thanks.

Andy

Thanks everyone for comments - positive and negative. I think feedback is always a good thing. Remember this is your opportunity to get your question across. We will get to as many as possible.

Clearly a lot of issues raised on this forum are for the owners to answer - They won't be attending but there are plenty of other issues that Paul Hunt can respond to.

If you want to book a call now for later on - send me an email with your question to andy.bayes@bbc.co.uk - or call 01254 583-583 from six.

Many thanks.

Andy

Surely within their roles at the club the likes of Hunt should be able to answer the majority of questions posed?

As DCEO surely hunt communicates with the owners frequently and will be aware of a lot of the answers, so why not ask them.

I get the impression that the Q's everyone wants asked will be missed 'as they are for the owners'?

Archived