BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire this Wednesday

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearly a lot of issues raised on this forum are for the owners to answer - They won't be attending but there are plenty of other issues that Paul Hunt can respond to.

Like who's doing the half-time draw?

Forgive the snark, just think this will be a wasted opportunity.

[quote name='BBCLancashire' timestamp='1331724026'

Clearly a lot of issues raised on this forum are for the owners to answer - They won't be attending but there are plenty of other issues that Paul Hunt can respond to.

Andy

I like his style. Wait till we're a few points clear and then speak....timed quite nicely. This will be micro managed from HQ and it will be a quick gloss over and two fingers to us...

Licence payers money going on Venkys propaganda......

I say either do it properly or don't bother.

You typically hear quotes around this time from the Boards of those clubs in relegation dog fights commenting on whether they have plans in place in the case of relegation. For example last week the Chairman of QPR went public and was quoted on their plans.

As Directors of BRFC they undoubtedly have plans for such an eventuality, they are obliged to within their duties. Might they comment on these?

As a follow up question...

Have the Board also considered the impact on season ticket sales, whichever league BRFC are in next season with the current owners still in situ?

This is in light of a commonly held view from many fellow BRFC supporters and season ticket holders, who suggest that they have no intention of buying tickets, merchandising, sponsorship, whilst Venkys still own BRFC.

Are they as Directors aware of this? Have the Board conveyed this information to the owners?

Question i'd like to hear being asked is, why has the quality of the product on the pitch gone down so much that we now face going out of the league, and how much has been taken out of the club money wise since the SEM/Kentaro/ Kean/Venkys change occured.

Thanks everyone for comments - positive and negative. I think feedback is always a good thing. Remember this is your opportunity to get your question across. We will get to as many as possible.

If you want to book a call now for later on - send me an email with your question to andy.bayes@bbc.co.uk - or call 01254 583-583 from six.

Many thanks.

Andy

Smells of a hunt love fest then. The questions for the owners need asking as surly to god they are representing them in this country. If the questions are not asked thenI'm afraid mr Bayes and this radio station is cowardly and scared and to soft to ask the REAL questions the REAL fans of Blackburn want asking.i can't ring in as I'm at work tonight and at 6 will be driving . Ask the hard questions or be known as Radio Lancs the station that is chicken and scared of venkys.

Quite correct there eire.

I wrote a lengthy letter to a journalist awhile ago expressing my opinion that they should all just kill themselves, as now they serve no real purpose anymore - they are but parasites on the back of a laboring and quickly expiring circus of imbeciles.

Everything that they write is what has been released to them, there is no quest for the truth or a desire to improve the world through rhetoric, reason, and the exposure of the deeds of the evil. Instead we find out who is the latest unleashed proud gay man, or which over-paid clown is getting married to another overpaid clown, how to manicure your poodle and how to lose inches off your waist by doing arm curls with your multi-system remote. They get a release, change the arrangement of the words and print it. They then expect you to read your cake and their expectations are typically matched by our thoughtless, complacent, consumption of their verbiage.

There was a day when the press did what it was supposed to do, actually working for the betterment of the many and not the enrichment of the few. There was a day when the pen was mightier than the sword; now the pen is made in China, bought by the person the story is written about, and the sword is illegal and ohhh so sharp and dangerous.

The truth is out there Mulder, you just have to know where to look. have the balls to look.

+10,000.

You've hit the nail on the head. And explained why the print media is dying.

The programme starts at 6.

Again thanks for your feedback.

I just want to address one post made much earlier on this thread about having another forum, which I promised there would be before christmas. Due to so many local games being called off and re-arranged, and subsequent management changes at two of our clubs this has had to be put back a little while. Hope you understand. Provisionally I am looking at doing another forum the second week in May. Much more details on that to come in the next few weeks. But, rest assured it will happen.

I can't encourage you enough to call this evening if you want to get a point across.

Thanks for now

Andy

The programme starts at 6.

Again thanks for your feedback.

I just want to address one post made much earlier on this thread about having another forum, which I promised there would be before christmas. Due to so many local games being called off and re-arranged, and subsequent management changes at two of our clubs this has had to be put back a little while. Hope you understand. Provisionally I am looking at doing another forum the second week in May. Much more details on that to come in the next few weeks. But, rest assured it will happen.

I can't encourage you enough to call this evening if you want to get a point across.

Thanks for now

Andy

I am away - can I catch it on iPlayer??

What's the point of having him on then, if when difficult questions are put to him, he can just say 'that's for the owners to answer'? I respect the fact that BBC Radio Lancashire have gone to the effort of putting this together, but if he is unwilling or unable to answer the important questions, which will be the most difficult ones, then what's the point. No one is interested in how merchandise sales are doing or ticket deals that are coming up. We want to know why the owners have broken nearly ever single promise they made when buying the club, have backed a manager who has had the set of results that he has had when they got rid of Allardyce so quickly, destroyed one of the founder members of the football league and one of the best run clubs in football and have continually ignored and disrespected the fans?

Yes you can listen live if your not in the area at www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire - on the right hand side of the screen you'll see where it says BBC RADIO LANCASHIRE, there's a red rectangle under it that says LIVE - just click that.

Later on this evening you will be able to listen again - you'll find that by going just under where the picture of the presenter is...find the right date on the calendar and scroll down to sport. I'm guessing you'll be able to listen to it on there by around 9pm this evening, and it will last for a week.

Last summer, Rochdale appointed Steve Eyre, a youth team coach @ Manchester City, to his first-ever managerial post but dismissed him in mid-season because it was obvious that he was out of his depth. In this article from today's local paper A responsible Chairman's attitude to being in danger of being relegated., their Chairman has accepted that the Board made a mistake, which they've now rectified by appointing an experienced manager and that, if they go down, they've plans in place for winning promotion.

I don't suppose there's any chance of anyone getting through to ask if we can learn from Rochdale?

What I suggest to anyone who is thinking of calling in is to tell the producer you are going to ask a nice easy question then once you are on fire at will with more difficult qns. If anyone phones up initially with proper questions such as many on this thread then there is no way they will let you on may even "accidentally" cut you off anyway. Agnew will be hand picking what he thinks will be good so may be wise to sugar coat real agenda.

I personally can't bring myself to listen to it I'm in a good mood currently and once heard hunt/agnews master class in spin, or and lies I'll be ready to smash their heads through a brick wall. Also more importantly they are both no marks.

Every email sent to the club gets a reply - 'customer charter'

Salgado doesn't play because of the rise in prominence of Lowe - 'still very much a member of the playing staff'. Oh and Orr has been 'fantastic since he came in' according to Paul Hunt. Nothing to do with money.

Archived