BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

First of all, your profile picture quite frankly is embarassing and dare I say it immature. You put it up there because you were stubbornly loyal to these morons despite them making a mockery of the club and themselves at every possible opportunity. After 16 months of them tearing the soul out of the club, you keep that picture up? why exactly? Do you still believe that Mrs D has the best interests of the club at heart or is it just a little dig at all the posters who after arguing with you for months on end, have been proven correct.

Secondly, I take issue with you saying 'we have stayed up for 2 seasons'.. Where were we in the league when the club was bought? Who was on the board when the club was bought? What was the state of the infrastructure of the club before it was bought?

Before these charlatans bought Blackburn Rovers I was so proud of my club. Good men were involved in the day to day running, all with the same intention, to do what was best for Blackburn Rovers. John Williams, Tom Finn, Martin Goodman. All cast aside and completely ignored.

This club has been a complete shambles since Venkys took over, and yet you come on here with your stupid photo of that awful woman, bleating on about us staying up.

So what if we stay up. We'll still be in the same mess as we are now. The summer will be another embarrassing fiasco of Steve Kean talking complete ######, largely poor transfers and ridiculous aspirations of the Champions League. This club is poisoned and is slowly being brought to its knees by Venkys, Jerome Anderson and Steve Kean.

I bet you'll be buying a season ticket next year won't you? I certainly won't. This does not feel like my club anymore,it is a car crash waiting to happen.

Agree, agree, agree. Also agree with the posters that pointed out that this season has been a missed opportunity. Its a poor league this season from top to bottom, witness all the European failures of the top teams, and the likes of Villa, Fulham and to some degree Everton being poor. THe bottom five are all atrocious and would likely fail to cut it in the championship. Swansea and Norwich have shown by being comfortably mid table what Rovers could have achieved under sensible stewardship on and off the pitch.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, your profile picture quite frankly is embarassing and dare I say it immature. You put it up there because you were stubbornly loyal to these morons despite them making a mockery of the club and themselves at every possible opportunity. After 16 months of them tearing the soul out of the club, you keep that picture up? why exactly? Do you still believe that Mrs D has the best interests of the club at heart or is it just a little dig at all the posters who after arguing with you for months on end, have been proven correct.

Secondly, I take issue with you saying 'we have stayed up for 2 seasons'.. Where were we in the league when the club was bought? Who was on the board when the club was bought? What was the state of the infrastructure of the club before it was bought?

Before these charlatans bought Blackburn Rovers I was so proud of my club. Good men were involved in the day to day running, all with the same intention, to do what was best for Blackburn Rovers. John Williams, Tom Finn, Martin Goodman. All cast aside and completely ignored.

This club has been a complete shambles since Venkys took over, and yet you come on here with your stupid photo of that awful woman, bleating on about us staying up.

So what if we stay up. We'll still be in the same mess as we are now. The summer will be another embarrassing fiasco of Steve Kean talking complete ######, largely poor transfers and ridiculous aspirations of the Champions League. This club is poisoned and is slowly being brought to its knees by Venkys, Jerome Anderson and Steve Kean.

I bet you'll be buying a season ticket next year won't you? I certainly won't. This does not feel like my club anymore,it is a car crash waiting to happen.

I suggest you leave the board and cut ties with the club until new owners come in then if that's the attitude you have. What's the point? Hanging around here moping around in a depression isn't doing you any good, clearly.

I suggest you leave the board and cut ties with the club until new owners come in then if that's the attitude you have. What's the point? Hanging around here moping around in a depression isn't doing you any good, clearly.

Whats the point in what? Being furious at the way the club has been treated and therefore discussing it with other fans with largely similar opinions to mine?

You might be intent to let the club slide into the abyss, whilst your blind loyalty of Mrs D and Steve Kean guides you through, but personally I am gutted at the way the club has been taken apart bit by bit over the last 16months!

Blackburn – Current Pts - 25 – Final Points = 33 – 16th position

20 Mar Sunderland (H) – Lose

24 Mar Bolton (A) – Draw

02 Apr Man Utd (H) – Lose

07 Apr West Brom (A) – Draw

10 Apr Liverpool (H) – Lose

14 Apr Swansea (A) – Lose

21 Apr Norwich (H) – Win

29 Apr Tottenham (A) – Lose

06 May Wigan (H) – Win

13 May Chelsea (A) – Lose

Bolton – Current Points – 23 – Final Points = 30 – 17th position

20 Mar Aston Villa (A) – Draw

24 Mar Blackburn (H) – Draw

31 Mar Wolves (A) – Lose

07 Apr Fulham (H) – Draw

09 Apr Newcastle (A)- Lose

No Date Tottenham – Lose

21 Apr Swansea (H) – Draw

28 Apr Sunderland (A) – Lose

06 May West Brom (H) – Win

13 May Stoke City (A) – Lose

QPR – Current Points – 22 – Final points = 27 – 18th position

21 Mar Liverpool (H) - Lose

24 Mar Sunderland (A) – Lose

31 Mar Arsenal (H) – Lose

08 Apr Man Utd (A) – Lose

11 Apr Swansea (H) – Win

14 Apr West Brom (A) – Draw

21 Apr Tottenham (A) – Lose

29 Apr Chelsea (A) – Lose

06 May Stoke City (H) – Draw

13 May Man City (A) – Lose

Wigan – Current Points – 21 – Final Points = 24 – 20th position

17 Mar West Brom (H) – Lose

24 Mar Liverpool (A) – Lose

31 Mar Stoke City (H) – Lose

07 Apr Chelsea (A) – Lose

11 Apr Man Utd (H) – Lose

16 Apr Arsenal (A) – Lose

21 Apr Fulham (A) – Lose

28 Apr Newcastle (H) – Lose

06 May Blackburn (A) – Lose

13 May Wolves (H) – Win

Wolves - Current Points – 22 – Final points = 25 – 19th position<

18 Mar Man Utd (H) – Lose

24 Mar Norwich (A) – Lose

31 Mar Bolton (H) – Win

07 Apr Stoke City (A) – Lose

11 Apr Arsenal (H) – Lose

14 Apr Sunderland (A) – Lose

22 Apr Man City (H) – Lose

28 Apr Swansea (A) – Lose

06 May Everton (H) – Lose

13 May Wigan (A) – Lose

While I may have been harsh on some of the teams down with us I truly believe they have a real lack of quality. I feel I have been harsh on Rovers and in the games against Sunderland and Bolton we may pick up more points than I've predicted. I firmly believe 2 wins will see us safe.

Also just as a neutral view Sky Bet Odds To Stay Up

Guest Wen Y Hu

Apologies for the typo in the original article: The Wolves manager is Terry Connor and not O'Connor. I've updated the first post with this.

These are my predictions for our games

20 Mar Sunderland (H) – Win

24 Mar Bolton (A) – Win

07 Apr West Brom (A) – Lose

14 Apr Swansea (A) – Draw

21 Apr Norwich (H) – Win

06 May Wigan (H) – Win

So we will finish with 38 points

See that press now commenting that Bruce to Wolves back on. Hope you guys got that money on ! ;)

Could he turn it around - just maybe.

Might leave us looking for another number 2 though !

Wolves looking to appoint Megson as manager

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wolves-exclusive-Gary-Megson-ready-to-be-third-manager-of-season-after-Sheffield-Wednesday-sacking-article878417.html

Why does you think Bruce can just turn Wolves form around??? Hughes isn't doing it at QPR. 1 Win in 8 games!!!

The way all the teams at the bottom have played this season, as shown by 18th placed QPR having 22 points from 28 games, tells me that we should see a new record low, or close to it, points tally to survive. I would be very surprised if it was above 35 points. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was 30 or lower, although I expect it to be 32-33.

I had the opinion back in November that we were getting relegated this season (I was leaning towards that even earlier, but there was still plenty of time), and I became sure of it after the Bolton game. But after this weekend's results I'm for the first time starting to think we will actually survive. We've got 4 top teams to play, but also 6 winnable games. 2 wins will see us to 31 points. Add a couple of draws to that and we will IMO be safe.

Mind you, if we survive it'll be because somehow there are three worse teams than us in this league. If I was a neutral I probably wouldn't want a team as poor as Rovers in the PL.

Wolves looking to appoint Megson as manager

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wolves-exclusive-Gary-Megson-ready-to-be-third-manager-of-season-after-Sheffield-Wednesday-sacking-article878417.html

Why does you think Bruce can just turn Wolves form around??? Hughes isn't doing it at QPR. 1 Win in 8 games!!!

There is very, very little chance Megson will get the opportunity - more likely to be engineered spin in order to close Bruce deal quickly .

Why can Bruce turn it around - well he did at Wigan though I admit he did have a few games longer !!!

As for Hughes, I think he's a 'slow burner' - look at his starts at both Rovers and Fulham. QPR have a tough run in, however, home games include Liverpool next who have had a glut of games recently, and other than cup matches and 'derby' matches, are struggling to rise to the occasion, Arsenal - Hughes will make it very pyhsical and they wont like and Spurs, who are wobbling all over. So, don't write them off just yet especially with Cisse & Zamora up front. And, being controversial, I think Yak could have now shot his bolt, all at the wrong time for Rovers !

I thought we were dead and buried at Christmas but looking at the teams around us and their fixtures until the end of the season I think we will stay up but only just. It will probably go to the final couple of games, maybe even the final game like we saw last season.

If Rovers do indeed stay up expect a third consecutive season of fighting relegation due to the quality of squad and manager. In essence another season of hoping that our problems are masked by there being three teams worse than us.

Blackburn – Current Pts - 25 – Final Points = 33 – 16th position

20 Mar Sunderland (H) – Lose

24 Mar Bolton (A) – Draw

07 Apr West Brom (A) – Draw

14 Apr Swansea (A) – Lose

21 Apr Norwich (H) – Win

06 May Wigan (H) – Win

Bolton – Current Points – 23 – Final Points = 30 – 17th position

20 Mar Aston Villa (A) – Draw

24 Mar Blackburn (H) – Draw

31 Mar Wolves (A) – Lose

07 Apr Fulham (H) – Draw

09 Apr Newcastle (A)- Lose

No Date Tottenham – Lose

21 Apr Swansea (H) – Draw

28 Apr Sunderland (A) – Lose

06 May West Brom (H) – Win

13 May Stoke City (A) – Lose

QPR – Current Points – 22 – Final points = 27 – 18th position

21 Mar Liverpool (H) - Lose

24 Mar Sunderland (A) – Lose

31 Mar Arsenal (H) – Lose

08 Apr Man Utd (A) – Lose

11 Apr Swansea (H) – Win

14 Apr West Brom (A) – Draw

21 Apr Tottenham (A) – Lose

29 Apr Chelsea (A) – Lose

06 May Stoke City (H) – Draw

13 May Man City (A) – Lose

Wigan – Current Points – 21 – Final Points = 24 – 20th position

17 Mar West Brom (H) – Lose

24 Mar Liverpool (A) – Lose

31 Mar Stoke City (H) – Lose

07 Apr Chelsea (A) – Lose

11 Apr Man Utd (H) – Lose

16 Apr Arsenal (A) – Lose

21 Apr Fulham (A) – Lose

28 Apr Newcastle (H) – Lose

06 May Blackburn (A) – Lose

13 May Wolves (H) – Win

Wolves - Current Points – 22 – Final points = 25 – 19th position<

18 Mar Man Utd (H) – Lose

24 Mar Norwich (A) – Lose

31 Mar Bolton (H) – Win

07 Apr Stoke City (A) – Lose

11 Apr Arsenal (H) – Lose

14 Apr Sunderland (A) – Lose

22 Apr Man City (H) – Lose

28 Apr Swansea (A) – Lose

06 May Everton (H) – Lose

13 May Wigan (A) – Lose

While I may have been harsh on some of the teams down with us I truly believe they have a real lack of quality. I feel I have been harsh on Rovers and in the games against Sunderland and Bolton we may pick up more points than I've predicted. I firmly believe 2 wins will see us safe.

Also just as a neutral view Sky Bet Odds To Stay Up

Good picks really, the one thing I would say is it looks like you don't have Wigan or Wolves drawing anyone in these games.

Wigan has 9 draws all year, Wolves, QPR and Rovers all have 7. Bolton 2.

http://www.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/2011-2012/regular-season/

So, I would tend to think these 2 might have a draw or two remaining. While at the same time, you pick Bolton to get 4 draws when they've had only 2 all year. Bolton though has had some impressive victories and yes, the game vs. Villa next does seem like it would be a draw, not sure about Fulham and Rovers really need to avenge their loss to Bolton, think Rovers 'should' be able to win that one.

It is interesting in looking at people's picks, Swansea and WBA seem to be the fall guy for clubs to steal a victory from. Maybe.

For West Brom, if their star striker Odemwingie isn't on, they do seem to be in the doldrums.

---------------

I followed last year's relegation battle, no one likes to be in relegation and for some teams like West Ham, WBA, Wolves, well, they are the proverbial "yo yo teams."

I wouldn't want the Rovers to be in a relegation battle, but I will say, relegation struggles are pretty darned exciting and I don't really relate to well to the top part of the table.

Rovers not to win until April 21st? That would be a hard road... what are they saying about Sunderland? 2 key players suspended, yeah, Blackburn might indeed be able to get something from that, playing a ton better than they were 2 months ago.

Still, thoughtful picks. Making the picks is a tough task. I'll try to do it a little later.

• Backroom

Venkys don't think we'll go down anyway

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20120305/monday-musings/#ixzz1pCjYVM3o

Manchester United CEO Gill was one of the participants in the "Business of Sports: Winning Off the Field" panel. One thing he mentioned which caught the attention of those in attendance was that there were new owners of a PL team who didn't know about relegation. "Not sure what the due diligence was there," stated Gill of said owners. I later spoke to Gill directly to clarify erroneous rumors spreading on Twitter that Gill was in fact alluding to Fenway Sports Group's purchase of Liverpool. Gill categorically denied that he had been referencing or inferring that it was FSG in any form and said that he held Liverpool's owners in the highest regard. "I would never say anything negative about John W Henry, ever." However, when I put it to Gill that the party he was in fact referring to was Venky's (it's long been believed in some quarters of the industry that the mechanics of relegation was just one among various things Venky's were unaware of when acquiring Blackburn), Gill said nothing but gave a broad smile.

There is very, very little chance Megson will get the opportunity - more likely to be engineered spin in order to close Bruce deal quickly .

Why can Bruce turn it around - well he did at Wigan though I admit he did have a few games longer !!!

As for Hughes, I think he's a 'slow burner' - look at his starts at both Rovers and Fulham. QPR have a tough run in, however, home games include Liverpool next who have had a glut of games recently, and other than cup matches and 'derby' matches, are struggling to rise to the occasion, Arsenal - Hughes will make it very pyhsical and they wont like and Spurs, who are wobbling all over. So, don't write them off just yet especially with Cisse & Zamora up front. And, being controversial, I think Yak could have now shot his bolt, all at the wrong time for Rovers !

I really hope He scores to prove you wrong against Sunderland

• Backroom

Mercer, points are points and the yak has got us some vital ones, although to get many more we are pretty reliant on him I suppose

Mercer, points are points and the yak has got us some vital ones, although to get many more we are pretty reliant on him I suppose

Our last 11 points have come without a goal from Yakubu and we have been in some of our best form, though I agree he is our most dangerous player going forward and I've been more confident with him playing this season. Shows he's maybe not as integral as you'd think. Still pretty integral though.

• Backroom

Our last 11 points have come without a goal from Yakubu and we have been in some of our best form, though I agree he is our most dangerous player going forward and I've been more confident with him playing this season. Shows he's maybe not as integral as you'd think. Still pretty integral though.

He did a fantastic impression of scoring against QPR then

Archived