Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

2011/12: The Final Countdown

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
1337 replies to this topic

#41 chaddyrovers

chaddyrovers

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6748 posts

• ST Block: NO 2

Posted 15 March 2012 - 19:53 PM

There is very, very little chance Megson will get the opportunity - more likely to be engineered spin in order to close Bruce deal quickly .

Why can Bruce turn it around - well he did at Wigan though I admit he did have a few games longer !!!

As for Hughes, I think he's a 'slow burner' - look at his starts at both Rovers and Fulham. QPR have a tough run in, however, home games include Liverpool next who have had a glut of games recently, and other than cup matches and 'derby' matches, are struggling to rise to the occasion, Arsenal - Hughes will make it very pyhsical and they wont like and Spurs, who are wobbling all over. So, don't write them off just yet especially with Cisse & Zamora up front. And, being controversial, I think Yak could have now shot his bolt, all at the wrong time for Rovers !

I really hope He scores to prove you wrong against Sunderland

#42 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15777 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 15 March 2012 - 20:05 PM

Mercer, points are points and the yak has got us some vital ones, although to get many more we are pretty reliant on him I suppose
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#43 braddock

braddock

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3060 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 20:09 PM

Mercer, points are points and the yak has got us some vital ones, although to get many more we are pretty reliant on him I suppose

Our last 11 points have come without a goal from Yakubu and we have been in some of our best form, though I agree he is our most dangerous player going forward and I've been more confident with him playing this season. Shows he's maybe not as integral as you'd think. Still pretty integral though.

Sheffield Wednesday will go all the way this season just as Southampton did.

They have real momentum and a half decent manager.

#44 roversmum

roversmum

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6317 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 20:10 PM

He does tend to keep a couple of defenders occupied...

MUM

For ever and ever ...

Arabian Proverb: Wisdom consists of ten parts: nine parts silence, and one part a few words.

#45 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15777 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 15 March 2012 - 20:37 PM

Our last 11 points have come without a goal from Yakubu and we have been in some of our best form, though I agree he is our most dangerous player going forward and I've been more confident with him playing this season. Shows he's maybe not as integral as you'd think. Still pretty integral though.

He did a fantastic impression of scoring against QPR then
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#46 braddock

braddock

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3060 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 21:17 PM

Oh aye. My apologies.
1 goal in the last 11 points then.

#47 purplegrover

purplegrover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 22:09 PM

Ha ha.. Check mate !

#48 braddock

braddock

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3060 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 22:14 PM

Ha ha.. Check mate !

A genuine mistake leads to check mate? I'll have to stick to football then.

#49 rog of the rovers

rog of the rovers

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 23:28 PM

A Man Utd backlash against Wolves on Sunday would be nice!

Grounds Visited - Ewood Park, Reebok, Goodison, Old Trafford, Eastlands, Riverside, Britannia, Stadium of Light, Hawthorns, DW, Bloomfield Rd, Turf Moor, Ricoh, Deepdale, Molyneaux, Galpharm, Elland Rd, King Power, Spotland, Globe, Pride, Keep Moat, City Gd. (23/92 and counting) Extras - Old Wembley, Millennium, Highbury, Filbert St, Edgeley Park, Moss Rose.

#50 Majiball

Majiball

Prince of BRFCS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10009 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 23:39 PM

He does tend to keep a couple of defenders occupied...

Pity that's down to his waistline and not his movement, lol.
"To be the best Jockey in the World do you have to have been a top Race Horse?"

"For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve."

#51 roversmum

roversmum

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6317 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

:D

MUM

For ever and ever ...

Arabian Proverb: Wisdom consists of ten parts: nine parts silence, and one part a few words.

#52 savage90

savage90

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 15:47 PM

I disagree, I think Yakubu has been great the past couple of games even without the goals. His hold up play has been brilliant and he moves the ball on well, also his strength is ridiculous defenders struggle with it constantly!

#53 braddock

braddock

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3060 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 16:06 PM

I disagree, I think Yakubu has been great the past couple of games even without the goals. His hold up play has been brilliant and he moves the ball on well, also his strength is ridiculous defenders struggle with it constantly!

Prepare yourself...

#54 Bobby G

Bobby G

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8300 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I am certain we will see some upsets from here till end of season. I can see QPR, even Wolves and Wigan picking up 1-2 shock results.

For me personally, the next two games are crucial. 6 points and we are virtually safe. 4 points especially if 3 comes vs Bolton and its a big step towards safety. Less than 3 points and its a blow. I know people are talking about NOT being beaten by our rivals but we have some tough games coming up so beating our rivals such as Wolves last week will be key in surviving. Can't be passive about it.

#55 Gally

Gally

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I am certain we will see some upsets from here till end of season. I can see QPR, even Wolves and Wigan picking up 1-2 shock results.

For me personally, the next two games are crucial. 6 points and we are virtually safe. 4 points especially if 3 comes vs Bolton and its a big step towards safety. Less than 3 points and its a blow. I know people are talking about NOT being beaten by our rivals but we have some tough games coming up so beating our rivals such as Wolves last week will be key in surviving. Can't be passive about it.

QPR will have to, if they only picked up points from matches that look winable they might as well pack up and go home now.

#56 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 22:17 PM

Wigan totally out-played WBA and only got one point today. We got a bit lucky with that one.

#57 Mercerman

Mercerman

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5390 posts

• ST Block: Driven out by Venky's / Kean

Posted 17 March 2012 - 22:27 PM

Wigan totally out-played WBA and only got one point today. We got a bit lucky with that one.

Neither Wigan nor QPR having much luck - happens to those teams destined for the drop.

#58 Audax

Audax

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1904 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

Per the original post, Wigan's next few matches:

Liverpool (Away), Stoke (Home), Chelsea (Away), Manchester United (Home), Arsenal (Away), Fulham (Away), Newcastle (Home), Rovers (Away), Wolves (Home)

And sitting at 22 points, an obviously bleak outlook.

#59 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5386 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

That's what happens when you haven't got a goalscorer. Usually the teams that can't score go down.

#60 JAL

JAL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8475 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Was going to say yesterday that Boltons run in looked the best of the lot down there, but after yesterdays events how much of an adverse effect is that going to play on them from now until the end of the season.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.