BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

I am still nervous, I think that we will still need another 7/8 points.

While it is great to be 6 points clear, the situation can change around very quickly, for example if QPR beat Liverpool tonight and Sunderland on Saturday, and we lose to Bolton then suddenly we would only be 2 points clear and Bolton would have a game in hand. If QPR don’t beat Liverpool tonight then that would give us some breathing space, but I expect QPR to win tonight against a tired looking Liverpool side.

If we can avoid defeat on Saturday then that would be huge, the key thing is not to lose to your relegation rivals. Saturday will be an emotional occasion for Bolton, they will come at us hard, if we can get through the first 20 minutes then there is a chance we can get a result there.

We’ve still got a lot of work to do, but compared to where we were after the defeat against Bolton at Ewood then at least we now have a fighting chance.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Liverpool will win, just because I think they'll be wanting to reach Newcastle as quickly as possible. And I don't expect Sunderland to lose to two relegation candidates in a row.

I think Liverpool will win because they are the better side. Simple logic.

http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/03/21/england/premier-league/queens-park-rangers-fc/liverpool-fc/1117325/

Coates scored for Liverpool, he's from Uruguay like Suarez. I'm not familiar with him and of course, that name doesn't sound very Spanish.

On sky they said his name like 'co-at-es' - I've no idea if that's right but it sounds more Uruguayan than Coates

whatever he's called - Liverpool :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

• Backroom

Unbelievable to think that in the space of 4 days we could go from 6 points clear to 2 points having played a game more :wacko:

Still we may not lose at Bolton

F*** off, Liverpool, probably the most irritating team in the entire league. Thanks for nothing, you hopeless *****.

I still believe a draw against Bolton + home wins v. Wigan and Norwich will be enough to stay up, but if QPR follows up this fine result and one of Bolton or Wigan finds some form, we're right back in the mix.

What a hell of a difference that substitution made, on the last 20 mins showing they deserved a draw , but didn't see that win coming.

Was also nice to see an Indian owner actually at a game and to see that he didn't run off home crying at half time when the crowd were a bit hostile

There will be plenty of twists and turns before the end of the season. Teams will win games they shouldn't win and lose games they should win. None of the bottom five can consider themselves to be safe until it is mathematically impossible to be relegated.

This will run until late April/early May. Two may fall by the wayside but three could end up trying to avoid the final relagation place right up to the last game of the season.

Kean's cheerleaders need to calm down, nothing has been decided.

We can't afford to lose on Saturday but Bolton need to win.

If that QPR come back was uncomfortable for us, it will have been balls breaking for Notlob, Wigan and Wolves fans.

QPR are at the same Sunderland side we have just beaten this coming Saturday when we are in Horwich so they could well go ahead of us if we lose.

38 points to stay up still looking so silly?

• Backroom

As an eternal pessimist I feel we are in big trouble but if you were looking at it from a neutral viewpoint Rovers look likely to stay up still.

Only 3 points above QPR but a win for them and a loss for us sees them jump above us but a win at Sunderland isn't a formality. Should Bolton beat us they go within 2 points with a game in hand but again they need to win that game.

A point at Bolton sees them needing 2 wins to overtake us if we somehow win they then need to win 3 just to take over us.

Still a lot better than before the Wolves game even if it doesn't feel it tonight

Edit: philip 38 points might not be so silly but seeing no way kean could outdo o Neil last night surely does, plus didn't you say down on 38?

Archived