BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2012

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be my first full season of understanding what is going on thanks to CaliRoverNYC (Jay).

Enjoyed following the Jets last season, although it didn't end well. Although it did feel like watching Rovers at times!

The use of Tebow is going to be a rather interesting factor!

Having experienced an up and down season with Giants, I have learned to judge events in January rather than October. That said, the team must introduce more consistency. Flying by the seat of one's pants is not a sustainable tactic for success.

Looking forward to another season with no running game for the Lions. Jahvid Best is one more concussion away from a coma, Kevin Smith can't stay healthy and Mikel Leshoure is probably about to get slapped with a 4-game ban after his second weed arrest in a month.

I'd love to see us pick up a RB at the draft, but corner and OL are more pressing needs, and possibly a DE depending on Vanden Bosch's durability and the contract situation with Cliff Avril.

And if all that isn't bad enough, we don't get a fancy new uniform from Nike because you're only allowed to make one major uniform change every 5 years. Just a change in material, not design. :(

just had an amazing review of my site off NIKE and I may be setting a shop up on it to help fund the site selling bronco gear .Also it could include ALL teams (apart from raiders,i refuse to sell ######) .Nothing definite but I will keep updates coming one way or another.

just had an amazing review of my site off NIKE and I may be setting a shop up on it to help fund the site selling bronco gear .Also it could include ALL teams (apart from raiders,i refuse to sell ######) .Nothing definite but I will keep updates coming one way or another.

If you hate the Raiders so much (& I hate them as well for ruining the A's Ballpark) why does your Overseas Orange Army logo share so many elements of the raiders logo? surely you must have seen the similarities before.

If you hate the raiders you might wanna watch this, good little piece on one of the most amazing plays in NFL history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJEp2imUlJE

Also thought I'd post this video which is the greatest ending in the history of NCAA Football, You might recognize Stanford's QB, just make sure you watch the whole thing.

and a closer look at that last one.

Didn't get it :( but a couple of options still open

Bad week for the Lions. The 2011 draft class seem to have spent the past year sitting around getting stoned. Johnny Culbreath was arrested for a marijuana-related offence in December, and this week Mikel Leshoure AND Nick Fairley got busted. To make it worse, Fairley was done after he was caught speeding with weed in the car, the day after the Leshoure story broke. What was he thinking?

Now two players we had such high hopes for will probably miss at least the opening game of the season. Leshoure could be worse because it's a second offence (in one month).

No chance we draft Janoris Jenkins at CB now. Dude is so talented, but the last thing we need is another guy with character issues hanging around. Dre Kirkpatrick might be out if he falls to us, too.

Stephon Gilmore, maybe. I think I'm hoping for Jonathan Martin to fall to us so we can get some of our offensive line issues sorted out, then pray that Alfonzo Dennard (CB), Lamar Miller or Lamichael James (RBs) fall to us in the 2nd round.

So annoyed with these guys right now, but I trust Mayhew and Schwartz to pull us through.

Having experienced an up and down season with Giants, I have learned to judge events in January rather than October. That said, the team must introduce more consistency. Flying by the seat of one's pants is not a sustainable tactic for success.

I know exactly what you mean, we were worse than last year for the majority of the season but Eli hits the run in and he always goes into overdrive.

We have big needs at MLB (have done for 3 years and they have failed to address it), RB (bradders has an injury, Brown suspended, Scott is unproven and Ware is awful), O-line (age has caught up and we need a McKenzie replacement at least. I'd love us to pick up one of the new type of TEs in this draft as well, we've always been poor at getting production from our TEs.

However with Cruz and Nicks we have an excellent combo, just need a half decent replacement for Manningham and we should be fine in that department.

I like the look of Hightower, the LB at Alabama and Coby Fleener, the TE out of Stanford. LB is a very big need when you consider that Tollefson's departure should see Kiwanuka moved back to his rightful place at DE (he's a brilliant player though so he can play either position). Yes they won the big one last season with a banged up defensive unit but I'd love to see a stud LB come in to play alongside the excellent Boley. That said, I thought last year's draft picks at that position did well considering they were pitched in at the deep end. Greg Jones is a clever player and Jacquian Williams is fantastic save for his propensity for dumb penalties. Even Herzlich didn't look totally out of place considering his medical history. He had, after all, been projected as a high draft pick before the cancer struck. Speaking of Boston College, Luke's Kuechley stock is rising however it's unlikely he'll fall to 32.

As for the O-line, Martin and DeCastro from Stanford are highly rated and Adams out of Ohio State comes with all the hype attached to playing in that program.

Finally, Umenyiora's situation needs sorting. He's played out of his mind for the past two seasons. The Giants need to do the honourable thing and give him the contract they promised him in return for playing at such a level for two seasons.

I like the look of Hightower, the LB at Alabama and Coby Fleener, the TE out of Stanford. LB is a very big need when you consider that Tollefson's departure should see Kiwanuka moved back to his rightful place at DE (he's a brilliant player though so he can play either position). Yes they won the big one last season with a banged up defensive unit but I'd love to see a stud LB come in to play alongside the excellent Boley. That said, I thought last year's draft picks at that position did well considering they were pitched in at the deep end. Greg Jones is a clever player and Jacquian Williams is fantastic save for his propensity for dumb penalties. Even Herzlich didn't look totally out of place considering his medical history. He had, after all, been projected as a high draft pick before the cancer struck. Speaking of Boston College, Luke's Kuechley stock is rising however it's unlikely he'll fall to 32.

As for the O-line, Martin and DeCastro from Stanford are highly rated and Adams out of Ohio State comes with all the hype attached to playing in that program.

Fleener is the best TE in the class, but I don't think that is such a high standard this year.

Hightower and Kuechly look like being good linebackers, and Courtney Upshaw could end up being an OLB, even though he's slated as a DE right now.

DeCastro is the second-best OL in the draft after Matt Kalil, who will probably go #3 to the Vikings. Maybe an argument could be made for Riley Reiff. Some people even have Cordy Glenn going above Martin, and Adams' stock has fallen because he only managed 19 reps in the bench press at the Combine.

Finally, Umenyiora's situation needs sorting. He's played out of his mind for the past two seasons. The Giants need to do the honourable thing and give him the contract they promised him in return for playing at such a level for two seasons.

Hightower seems to fit the bracket we need. A momemtum player who can operate well within the run stuffing game. Quite a few have him pegged on for the Steelers mind you. Fleener seems to be quite highly rated and could be a good threat for us at 6'6". Your right about Kiwi moving forward, but the Giants always have a big focus on the D side anyway. Worry a little bit about depth at CB with Ross going but shouldn be easy enough to pick someone up later in the draft. Also wondering if we might see Chad Jones after his horrific car crash.

Considering the volume of injuries we had the rookies came in on the defensive side and did a sterling job. Herzlich played out of his skin in a few games, stepped up well.

I've always got the impression that Osi doesn't want to leave, for all of his mouthing off I think he would rather stay and if Jerry can find the cash to pay him then it would be money well spent for the next couple of seasons.

Not too worried about the CBs (no more so than last year anyway). Ross really stepped up in the latter part of the year but I can't say I'll miss him getting burned by the likes of Matt Moore, Vince Young, Charlie Whitehurst and Rex Grossman (twice). Thomas will be back from injury (he's generally regarded as the team's best CB if his contract is anything to go by), Webster is very good and Amukamara is a high draft pick.

Well Jerry has just mentally filled the LB need by trading the last 5th round pick for Keith Rivers (Bengals, 9th overall in 08). Can't lose with that trade imo.

Means we go high on TE/RB.

Locklear has come in from hawks on OL as well, no pick.

Pro-Bowl standard surely?

I still think the Giants will go high for one of the main OL guys.

Also picked up Antwaun Molden (CB, Texans/Pats) to fill Ross' void.

Yeah just reading updated mocks and they reckon a RB would be a reach in the 1st so looking at Mike Adams (6'7" and 320lbs) to replace Kareem. Seems a beast at that size. Then pick up Polk in 2nd Round. Not sure how that leaves us with TE's though, we only have Bennett fit and that scares me.

I'm quite excited about picking up Rivers, I think he could be a great pick up. Also rumblings that it might mean Boley moves in to MLB with Rivers dropping into SAM.

With getting a compensatory pick (4th) as well it means we still have 7 picks. Should be a good draft for us this year, evolution of the O line is well underway.

Archived