BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2012

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More on the above, including this possible hint?

"Seau's death, by gunshot wound to the chest, is similar to the way former Chicago Bears defensive back Dave Duerson committed suicide. Duerson shot himself in the chest on Feb. 17 -- a method used so that his brain could be examined for symptoms of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy), a trauma-induced disease common to NFL players and others who have received repeated blows to the head."

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/thebuzz/2012/05/report_junior_s.html

Found these draft graphs on a website I go on, I think the data is scalped from nfl.com, but quite interesting - analysis of every draft pick since 1936.

nfl-picks-by-school.png

nfl-picks-by-position.png

Interesting graphs.

The pick positions one is quite interesting, it's also very likely you will see some positions drop off in terms of importance. With the clear shift away from the running game and instead focusing on the passing game you should the number of first round RB's being taken dropping off in the coming decades.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

moreno's future?

What does the future hold now for Knowshon Moreno? He arrived at our Broncos in 2009, when he played in all 16 games as a rookie , he ran for a very productive 1,160 total yards and scored nine touchdowns and he then had made himself a hot prospect with a huge career in front of him. The following season he played 13 games and gained 1151 yards. Following this injuries dominated the back including long term hamstring problems and ACL problems. Add all this to his legal problems and it appears everything is pointing to in my opinion a trade somewhere.

We have MaGahee and also a bit more strength in depth now with Ball and rookie Hillman and add to the mix the Manning factor and it seems to me that his days are numbered. If he stays he needs to knuckle down and work on his fitness problems and also on his head, he needs to be positive and get himself away from the trappings and limelight his “fame” has brought to him. In other words he needs to remodel himself into THE TRUE PRO .

Can he do this ,without knowing him there is no way of knowing if he has the will power or mentality to put the work and dedication in.If he doesn’t no matter what team ,if any , want him then his short career could be over as quickly has it started.

EDIT...just found out hes will only cost 825k to cut ,i think thats what will happen.

TOP SELLING JERSEY IS A BRONCO LOL...NEW BRONCO.

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOW #2

April 1 – May 28, 2012

1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos

2. Tim Tebow, New York Jets

3. Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins

4. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts

5. Eli Manning, New York Giants

6. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

7. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers

8. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

9. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

10. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers

11. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys`

12. Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens

13. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

14. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots

15. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions

16. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers

17. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears

18. Victor Cruz, New York Giants

19. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys

20. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders

21. Von Miller, Denver Broncos

22. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys

23. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

24. Wes Welker, New England Patriots

25. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles

Abbey - I used to love watching the Cowboys back in the day when they had Emmitt Smith (sp?) and then Terrell Owens is probably one of my favourite sportsmen ever. How do you rate their chances for the upcoming season? How is Tony Romo developing? Is Jason Witten still bossing it? Have they replaced Terrell Owens?

What about the British players in the NFL? I believe there is Osi Umenyiora (sp?) at the Giants and Lawrence Tynes the kicker who plays for someone. Are there any more?

Abbey - I used to love watching the Cowboys back in the day when they had Emmitt Smith (sp?) and then Terrell Owens is probably one of my favourite sportsmen ever. How do you rate their chances for the upcoming season? How is Tony Romo developing? Is Jason Witten still bossing it? Have they replaced Terrell Owens?

What about the British players in the NFL? I believe there is Osi Umenyiora (sp?) at the Giants and Lawrence Tynes the kicker who plays for someone. Are there any more?

Tynes plays with Umenyiora at the Giants.

The Cowboys always appear to have good players but they've won one playoff game since the 90s and have a penchant for paying loads of money to flashy, flaky players. Owens is a clown who was forgotten about as soon as they released him and Romo is a choker who plays well early in the year, ratchets up his stats and then watches as the likes of Brady, the Mannings, Brees and Rodgers clean up when it matters.

TO has been released by a indoor team if I recall . Cowboys = utd , hated .

Yea I knew that about the Cowboys, it's why when I'm in North America I don't tell anyone they're my favourite team. But like I said it was just because of Emmitt Smith, I'm not a glory seeker or anything.

How do you rate the Bronco's chances? Are you happy with swapping Tebow for Manning?

And how has LaDainian Tomlinson been since signing for the Jets? He was unreal whenever I saw him for the Chargers.

Yea I knew that about the Cowboys, it's why when I'm in North America I don't tell anyone they're my favourite team. But like I said it was just because of Emmitt Smith, I'm not a glory seeker or anything.

How do you rate the Bronco's chances? Are you happy with swapping Tebow for Manning?

And how has LaDainian Tomlinson been since signing for the Jets? He was unreal whenever I saw him for the Chargers.

LT is retired. He didn't do too badly at the Jets. Nowhere near the San Diego heights of course.

Sigh. Barry Sanders of the Detroit Lions was the best ever. :tu:

Archived