BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2012

I'm not trying to excuse these guys. They know they're not supposed to be smoking weed, so it's a stupid thing to do. Personally, I would have liked the Lions to take a much stronger stance on the issue.

The DUIs are much more serious to me, and even though Fairley looks like a great talent and Berry is lining up as our starting corner I'd have cut them. Other Lions fans have been taking the view that Fairley's talent gets him a pass, but Berry should be made an example of.

At the end of the day, Leshoure didn't make it to the field last season because of injury, Culbreath was a late-round pick, Fairley missed a lot of the season and only played in rotation, and Berry wasn't impressive as our nickel most of the year. We have talented players on the roster who can make up for these guys, we can win with or without them.

With the Walden story in particular I was just pointing out that other franchises have players with their own troubles, but nobody is talking about those.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mate and I have set up a fantasy league, would any of you guys like to join? All welcome, details as below -

www.nfl.com/fantasy

League ID - 863076

Password - tractor

Is it one season or keeper?

NFL TEAM IN UK IN 10 YEARS!!!!!

Not for me BRONCOS TIL I DIE.

Can't see it, to be honest. How long have they been talking about getting a franchise back to LA now?

The travel demands for a team in London would be ridiculous. I know US teams travel a fair bit, but flying a minimum of 3,000 miles for every away game would be a little tough on the players. You'd get players who serve their initial contract after the draft then can't wait to find a new team because of that kind of schedule.

Where would they play? The football and rugby union seasons coincide with the NFL season, and the cost to tear up Wembley 8 times a year would be prohibitive.

Who would go? Right now you get people from across the country going to the NFL game at Wembley each year, but it wouldn't last 8 games a year every season. Once the novelty wore off the attendances would be poor because there won't be enough fans in London alone and people from further away will skip games against the smaller draws and just wait for the big names. Who really wants to see a London franchise playing the Rams or the Bills?

The team would probably get decent exposure on Sky, although that would only drive attendances down even more, and we wouldn't be able to play a game on US primetime because it would be the middle of the night here. That would make it especially difficult to make a play-off run work.

Plus, the nature of relocating a franchise usually means it's a team that is struggling and has to rebuild, so you're trying to sell a weak brand in a new market. It's a tough sell because new fans want success and existing fans will stick with their traditional loyalties.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or do lots of NFL players find themselves in trouble with the law?

Megarich, not necessarily smart guys with lots of time on their hands. Throw in a gun and a bad family relationship and boom!

A mate and I have set up a fantasy league, would any of you guys like to join? All welcome, details as below -

www.nfl.com/fantasy

League ID - 863076

Password - tractor

3 slots left here guys, anyone want to join?

Archived