BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2012

Aaron Berry arrested for an incident involving a firearm. Now it's time for the Lions to take action, this is a serious arrest and it's time for us to take a hardline by parting company with Berry.

How he can be ok with walking around with a gun on display two days after a the cinema shooting is completely beyond my comprehension. I'd be surprised if the Broncos' thinking about Dumervil hadn't become a little more complicated for the same reason.

DUIs and weed busts are one thing, but I won't defend anyone who commits a serious offence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad Johnson or Ochocinco or Johnson again or whatever he wants to be called this week has been arrested for headbutting his wife. They've been married all of 5 weeks and got into a row over a receipt for condoms that Johnson found in the car.

Funny part is, if anyone watched Hard Knocks last week, Johnson finished the episode by announcing he was going to get arrested on his day off.

In other news, the Lions defence looked decent against the Browns Friday night. Bill Bentley might just be our starting CB on the opening day. Even without Avril we looked strong on the D-line, Suh, Fairley, Jackson, Young, Williams and Brown all getting pressure on the QB consistently. The other side of the ball wasn't so smooth since Stafford didn't get into a rhythm and Kellen Moore looked quite poor. Shaun Hill proved he's still a decent back-up though, Riley "Great Barrier" Reiff had a quietly impressive debut and we actually managed to run the ball with Kevin Smith, Keiland Williams and Joique Bell. If Jahvid Best ever gets cleared for contact he might benefit from the supposed upgrade on the O-line, and I'm excited about seeing Mikel Leshoure after his suspension.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they'll sort something out because I think Sky's coverage of NFL is better than any other sport they do - way better than our footy - and I think in the past few years they must've gained many new watchers. Certainly people I know who didnt watch before have started to watch.

I am thinking about the game pass, might have to if they're not gonna put any games on sky.

Personally, I like Game Pass because it means I'm not at the mercy of the broadcaster. For example, last season there were only two Lions games on TV, so the options were Game Pass or search for an internet stream and hope that it doesn't freeze during plays or go off in the third quarter.

It's affordable and it means I can watch the Lions game at the weekend and then catch up with the other games through the week.

Not sure what the point of offering Season Plus in the UK is, though. The main point about it is that you get the play-offs, but there's a disclaimer saying that the post-season isn't available in the UK because of broadcast restrictions.

What I don't understand is that in the UK you dont get play-offs included with the gamepass because usually they're all on Sky. But if nowt is gonna be on Sky surely we need the play-offs on the gamepass. Very important consideration being a Bears fan and all that!! haha

I got the full gamepass with a few mates. We just make sure we aren't on at the same time, or if its a big game we all want to see, we meet up at my place.

Should be a good year for my team, the Texans. Matt Schaub is looking better and better.

Look forward to the Thanksgiving shootout at Ford Field then. Stafford and Calvin Johnson vs Schaub and Andre Johnson. Normally I'd take our dynamic duo over pretty much any other in the league, but we're going to need Louis Delmas to get healthy again before we start thinking about stopping anyone's passing game. The only strategy we've got left is for Suh to beat opposing QBs into the ground before they can throw the ball.

Archived