BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2012

I wouldn't have.

There's some big names in there, but we're nowhere near having a championship D. For a start, Suh and Avril are fantastic pass rushers, but sometimes can be a liability in run defence. Avril is being paid $10.6m for this season, but 10.5 sacks mask the fact that he is awful in run support. Our other ends also have the same issues sometimes. The only real run stuffer we have is Corey Williams.

The problem is compounded by linebackers who don't wrap up. Stephen Tulloch is the leader of the group and a pretty good MIKE linebacker, but people tend to bounce off him and DeAndre Levy more often than they should.

In passing situations we're a little better, because Suh and our DEs are playmakers who will pressure the QB, but if he gets the ball out then we've got issues. Our secondary got lit up at the end of last season, mainly because Houston and Delmas were injured. Bad news is Delmas is injured again and our rookie corners have shown ability, but they're inconsistent.

The saving grace is that our schedule is pretty favourable. We start with the Rams who usually give up plenty of sacks. Then we have the 49ers, but after them we're good until week 11. The Titans and the Vikings (twice), the Eagles (Vick is always good for sacks and fumbles), the Bears (see Rams), Seahawks and Jags. After that I'd pick up a different D off waivers because we have the Packers twice, Texans and Falcons in our last 7 games, with only the Cardinals, the Bears and the Colts who are likely to give anything up.

Also, if Ronnell Lewis gets on the field he will create turnovers, the man is a fumble machine. The video is of him in the 7th grade.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post on the board is going to be about nfl (newbee at nfl) rather than rovers.. oh well ...want promotion but kean out sums up my intrest at the moment. So who is it going to be lifting the lombardi in 2013? I've backed the 49ers at 12-1. Looking forward to following tebow at the jets (what a story seems to split peoples opionion like beckham) and rogers (could be an all time sporting great) at the packers. But people seem to think texans and the ravens are good long shots for it.

Will sky show the games? Not looking forward to shelling out for gamepass.

As far as I'm aware, Channel 4 will be showing the late Sunday games and that's it. Not sure if ESPN still have Monday Night Football.

Sky's agreement only ran to the end of last season and there's no news on an extension. The season starts next week and there's no NFL listed for Thursday or Sunday on SkySports.

Big mistake on the part of the NFL, I think. They want to expand their audience, but they're down to one game a week in the UK. That just throws away a lot of the work they've done in attracting new fans in the past couple of years.

SuperBowl winners? Packers are pretty good, Texans have a nicely balanced team if they can keep Schaub upright, Giants have plenty of weapons on both sides of the ball, Ravens might have a year or two left in their senior players and Brady is hard to argue with if his offensive line can sort itself out. Personally I think the 49ers are going to struggle to match last season's record, but that might be wishful thinking.

I hate the fuss that Rodgers gets, he's a great QB, but Brady and Brees put up bigger numbers with less talented receiving corps last season, if we're saying it doesn't matter who you're throwing to then how about a word for Stafford, who had more yards and TDs than Rodgers in 2011. If it's about winning then Eli should be getting the plaudits, because he was incredible under pressure at the end of the season.

Tebow? I don't really want to get into that argument again and he's probably the nicest guy in the NFL, but he needs the scheme to be adjusted to fit his talents, not sure that's working out at the Jets right now.

The interesting ones for me are the other running QBs, Newton and Griffin. Cam had a terrific rookie year and that's added to the expectation for Griffin this time round. Then there's the RBs that have to carry their teams. The NFL is so pass happy, it's nice to see teams that lean on their backfield with guys like Jones-Drew, McFadden and Chris Johnson.

Sky have announced a new 3-year deal to show 60 live games a season.

Starts tomorrow night at about 12 I think......Is the first game Cowboys vs Giants? Hopefully.....I know the Cowboys aren't liked but I still love them, even though Emmitt Smith is long gone......hopefully my main man Kevin Cadle is still doing it.

Are there any NBA fans on here?

I'm a Lions fan. I only used to watch the odd game until a couple of years ago, then I started watching the Sky games with a few guys every week and by the time I got round to picking a team it was the 2010 draft. I picked the Lions when the drafted Ndamukong Suh, so I didn't suffer the really bad years and now it looks like they're building a really good team, so happy days.

Mostly I just didn't want to pick one of the successful teams. Most of the guys are Steelers or Patriots fans.

On 5 Sep 2012 21:38, "NFL UK" <nfluk@email.nfluk.com> wrote:

>

> If for any reason you are unable to read this email, please click here

>

> Dear clarebrfc

>

> The 2012 NFL season begins today and we are now delighted to announce where our fans can watch all the action between now and February!

>

> Sky Sports has been awarded a new three-year deal for live American Football, providing viewers with over 60 live NFL games a season including the International Series game at Wembley Stadium, the playoffs and the Super Bowl. The agreement takes the partnership between Sky Sports and the NFL into its 20th year with coverage across TV, mobile, online and tablet devices. Beginning with tonight's season opening clash between the Dallas Cowboys and Super Bowl champions New York Giants, Sky's coverage for the 2012, 2013, and 2014 seasons will comprise:

> REGULAR SEASON: Two live prime time fixtures every Sunday kicking off at 6pm and 9.15pm, three Thanksgiving Day clashes, plus regular matches on Thursday nights.

> PLAYOFFS AND SUPER BOWL: Live coverage of every wild card, divisional and Conference Championship playoff match, plus live coverage of the annual season ending Super Bowl.

> SUPPORT PROGRAMMING:The NFL's RedZone score update show every Sunday of the regular season available via the red button, NFL Total Access twice a week and watch out for news of exciting new regular season midweek coverage.

>

> Confirmed games to be shown so far are:

>

> WEEK 1: Wed 5 Sep Dallas Cowboys at New York Giants Midnight Sky Sports 1HD.

> WEEK 1: Sun 9 Sep Indianapolis Colts at Chicago Bears 5.30pm Sky Sports 2HD

> WEEK 1: Sun 9 Sep San Francisco 49ers at Green Bay Packers 9.15pm Sky Sports 2HD

> WEEK 2: Thur13 Sep Chicago Bears at Green Bay Packers 1.00am Sky Sports 1HD

> WEEK 2: Sun 16 Sep New Orleans Saints at Carolina Panthers 5.30pm Sky Sports 3HD

> WEEK 2: Sun 16 Sep Washington Redskins at St Louis Rams 9.15pm Sky Sports 3HD

>

> The BBC will broadcast Monday Night Football live via the Red Button whilst also streaming the game live on the BBC Sports website. They will also show weekly Playoff highlights in January and continue to air live coverage of the Super Bowl.

>

> The deal means that MNF is now available to fans in the UK on a free-to-air basis. The season kicks off with a double-header next Monday (September 10):

>

> WEEK 1: Mon 10 Sep Cincinnati Bengals at the Baltimore Ravens Midnight

> WEEK 1: Tue 11 Sep San Diego Chargers at the Oakland Raiders 03:15am

> WEEK 2: Tue 18 Sep Denver Broncos at the Atlanta Falcons 01:30am

>

> Channel 4 will broadcast live coverage of the late Sunday night game throughout the season. Coverage begins on Sunday 9th September as the Pittsburgh Steelers visit the Denver Broncos. The show kicks off at 1am. In Week 2 the San Francisco 49ers host the Detroit Lions.

>

> BBC Radio will air at least one live commentary game per week on 5Live Sports Extra, beginning with the season opener between the Dallas Cowboys and Super Bowl champion New York Giants at 1.30am this Wednesday night. Darren Fletcher and Rocky Boiman bring you that game live from New York and then travel to Soldier Field on Sunday to present live coverage of the Andrew Luck's debut for the Indianapolis Colts against the Chicago Bears from 5.45pm.

>

> For full details on where to watch and listen to the NFL in the UK click here to go our TV & Audio section on nfluk.com.

>

> NFLUK would like to acknowledge and apologise for the frustration and uncertainty that many fans have experienced due to the late finalisation of this year’s UK television line-up and thank everyone for their patience and continued support of the NFL. NFLUK Managing Director Alistair Kirkwood is inviting fans to send in questions for a Q and A that will explain some of the issues involved in this year’s TV negotiations. Further details of that will follow soon.

>

>

>

> © 2011 NFL Enterprises LLC. NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League. The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. NFL footage © NFL

>

>

> Click here to unsubscribe from all future emails from NFLUK.com {~ J71473783757525462956333414 ~}

Archived