BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2012

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire team picked up pretty much right where it left off last season. The offense looked rusty and couldn't get any real rhythm going and the defense looked as porous as ever.

Clay was the only one on defense who came out with any credit and was rewarded with 2.5 sacks, he looked more like the Matthews of two seasons ago. The tackling overall was horrific (how we can fail consistently on such a basic fundamental is beyond me) and the secondary was all over the place.

Rodgers looked rusty and didn't have a great game, with the way our defense is playing he's going to have to step it up. Cobb I thought was our standout receiver, the guy is going to be a big weapon for the Pack for years to come.

Credit to the 49ers, they outcoached us and outfought us. Refereeing was poor to both sides but that wouldn't have changed the end result, a fully deserved victory for San Fran.

Bears on Thursday, either we bounce back or get smashed. If we play like we did last night I’m going for the latter.

Clay Matthews doesn't though....what he game he had last night.

Yep he was fantastic as was Tramon Williams in the secondary. Clay has already matched his sack total from last year in just two games

Not sure how good our D really was last night when you consider how poor the the Bears O-line is. Rodgers and the offense still looked a bit off and out of sync, quite a few dropped passes by the recievers and some poor throws by Aaron. Impressed with Benson, should get some solid yardage and set up the play-action pass. Still better to be 1-1 than 0-2 in the stacked with quality NFC. A lot of improvements still need to be made during the course of the season if we are to challenge.

Cutler has all the physical tools to be a top 5-10 QB in this league imo. The problems he has are a combination of things within his control and out of his control.

He can't do anything really about the o-line, for the past 5 or 6 years it's not been very good. But he could do something to compensate for it, he holds onto the ball far too long sometimes because he knows he's got a rocket launcher of an arm and he waits for that big play opportunity to open up. If he threw the ball away more or chose his receiving options more wisely then he would be a better player for it.

Cutler would get more sympathy if he was remotely likeable as a person, but I sometimes think the reason his O-line sucks so much is because they want him to get hit. My favourite play from the Packers game the other day was when his O-line actually held up pretty well and he had time, but nobody got open, so he rolled out of the pocket and ended up throwing a pick as he tried to force a pass, then took a shot after getting rid of the ball.

I had to laugh in the off-season when the Bears fans started telling everyone they'd got a premier weapon with Brandon Marshall. If, by some miracle, the Bears to get their hands on the Lombardi Trophy they'd better be careful about letting Cutler pass it to Marshall because there's a good chance he'll drop it.

Tough game for the Lions tonight at the 49ers. Expecting to be 1-1 tomorrow, but if we could scratch out a win then we'd be looking good going into a more manageable few weeks for the rest of the first half of the season.

Just been listening to the NFL Rants and Raves podcast. Steven and Jeff mentioned that the BBC will be getting rid of those dumb out of date graphics that they had to put out during breaks because they got the contract signed to show MNF pretty last minute. It might take a week or two but it's good news.

Adverts really get on my nerves, but it's so disconcerting watching those filler graphics when there should be adverts. It's not like you can turn over easily because it's on red button.

Archived