Photo
- - - - -

Shirt Sponsorship

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
34 replies to this topic

#21 Majiball

Majiball

Prince of BRFCS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10207 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

The worst one of all is we have no shirt deal to bring in an extra 1million or so to boost our income next season should we go down.

I wonder if owners can sponsor their own teams at that level IE championship league.

Go down, sign 20 year silly cheap deal for Venky's on the shirt. Come back up and say silly cheap deal, so no financial benefit, we have contract etc etc and get their way most likely, provided they carry some butter.
"To be the best Jockey in the World do you have to have been a top Race Horse?"

"For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve."

#22 cletus

cletus

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4673 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

If a rule was made that teams who fail to qualify for european football could have an extra sponsor on the back of their shirts (or sleeves) like in the chumpionship....maybe it might help even up the income imbalance of the top clubs & the rest?

....just a thought like :unsure:
Resistance or collaborator? The choice is yours....

#23 m1st

m1st

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 13:28 PM

Fairly certain premier league rules prevent more than one sponsor on a shirt.

I think the rules in the Football League, where we might well be playing next season, are different - I think they're allowed a smaller sponsorship either on the back of the shirt or on the shorts.
"I have watched the Rovers; I have walked alone." [With apologies to Rod McKuen.]

#24 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 13:30 PM

Pune Warriors shirt in the IPL seems rather natty, load of sponsors on that, maybe we could share?

Edited by Mattyblue, 08 April 2012 - 13:30 PM.

#25 SergioPeter89

SergioPeter89

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Does anyone know how long our contract with Umbro is?

#26 gumboots

gumboots

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7134 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 16:45 PM

Does anyone know how long our contract with Umbro is?

Does anyone care, other than Mrs D who'd probably like to go direct to mnaufacture in India and cut out the middle man.

#27 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16429 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 26 April 2012 - 19:16 PM

Does anyone care, other than Mrs D who'd probably like to go direct to mnaufacture in India and cut out the middle man.

Well I care for one.

The last few kits have been good and this seasons is the best in years.

I think there's still at least 5 or so years left on the deal
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#28 gumboots

gumboots

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7134 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 19:21 PM

since most people on here though have declared they won't buy another shirt until Kean and preferably Venkys have gone though, it's less relevant to most who makes the shirts. I think this is honestly the first year in about 20 that not one of our family has had a Rovers shirt or other Rovers merchandise for Christmas or birthday, and I think there are probably many other households the saame, although I stand to be corrected.

#29 Mercerman

Mercerman

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5416 posts

• ST Block: Driven out by Venky's / Kean

Posted 26 April 2012 - 19:27 PM

since most people on here though have declared they won't buy another shirt until Kean and preferably Venkys have gone though, it's less relevant to most who makes the shirts. I think this is honestly the first year in about 20 that not one of our family has had a Rovers shirt or other Rovers merchandise for Christmas or birthday, and I think there are probably many other households the saame, although I stand to be corrected.

Absolutely correct.

Rovers' merchandise was also a good option for business stuff (ties etc) and friends' children etc etc.

On average, probably spent a few hundred quid per season in years gone by.

#30 Mercerman

Mercerman

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5416 posts

• ST Block: Driven out by Venky's / Kean

Posted 26 April 2012 - 19:27 PM

Posted twice in error. Need to take more water with it !

Edited by Mercerman, 26 April 2012 - 19:32 PM.

#31 preston blue

preston blue

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3915 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 20:52 PM

Since Mrs De'ath and The Chuckle Bros ave taken over the only item I have bought is a pair of furry dice.

I did have personalised Rovers car number plates but gave them away.

Edited by preston blue, 26 April 2012 - 20:53 PM.

Venkys are the scum of the Earth.

#32 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16429 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 21:20 PM

I'll probably buy a shirt even if I don't get a season ticket.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#33 Aberdeen Blue

Aberdeen Blue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 22:03 PM

Absolutely correct.

Rovers' merchandise was also a good option for business stuff (ties etc) and friends' children etc etc.

On average, probably spent a few hundred quid per season in years gone by.

Absolutely, I think our current shirt is the best for years but will not spend a penny whilst these parasites are around. Even my little boy who is 6 does not want anything that will help the "bad people".

Bugger off Venky's and give us our club back!

Edited by Aberdeen Blue, 26 April 2012 - 22:04 PM.

KEAN & VENKYS OUT OF MY CLUB - One down, One to go!

Few people have the vision to make a dream come true. The beauty of Jack Walker's was we got an invite too......... Classic![br]

You can take the lad out of 'arrod but you can never take 'arrod out of the lad!

#34 Amarillo

Amarillo

Villarreal CF/Rovers fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14218 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 17:25 PM

I'll probably buy a shirt even if I don't get a season ticket.

Loved the sponsorless shirt this year but mine's been stuck in the wardrobe for months on end.

There used to be a certain pride to wearing a Rovers shirt dan sath. Not anymore.

The artist formerly known as Topman

"Only he is lost who gives himself up for lost."

#35 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16429 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 17:48 PM

At least this seasons sponsor less shirt has a timeless quality about it

Walt Disney

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.