BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's tha story on Venky's being at Ewood last night?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a lot of people seemed to notice them being there it was so unexpected. I only became aware of it after an hour.

And in all honesty I think people were trying to support the team rather than create a negative atmosphere.

Plus the fans collective will has been broken

Surprised virtually nothing is being spoken about their appearance on this message board.

Am I correct in saying they rolled up then rolled off without a mutter of protest ?

They didn't 'roll up then rolled off.

They sneaked in and sneaked out. The vast majority didn't know they were there.

Perhaps if any ITK people know where they are staying, they could print off a few copies of Preston Blue/Perth Blue's Keano Bulls...-o-matic toilet roll or the scum block ad and leave them lying around for them to find. Just so they'd really get a feel for how they are (not) appreciated in these parts.

Perhaps if any ITK people know where they are staying, they could print off a few copies of Preston Blue/Perth Blue's Keano Bulls...-o-matic toilet roll or the scum block ad and leave them lying around for them to find. Just so they'd really get a feel for how they are (not) appreciated in these parts.

Preferably of the 'used' variety

I'm shocked people are saying that they sneaked in and it was low key etc. They were surrounded by stewards and Bilaji's earing could be seen glimmering all the way from the Blackburn End. Venkatesh was there for most of the match but Bilaji disappeared for a while when we went 2 nil down.

Did they buy Neville's house or not?

• Backroom

Balaji cannot have an interest in football if he left at 2-2 with the game hanging in the balance, particularly with "his" team having a one man advantage. Not sure what the point was in them showing up to be honest - maybe they were discussing Kean's extended contract and a pay rise for doing such a wonderful job.

I'm shocked people are saying that they sneaked in and it was low key etc. They were surrounded by stewards and Bilaji's earing could be seen glimmering all the way from the Blackburn End. Venkatesh was there for most of the match but Bilaji disappeared for a while when we went 2 nil down.

+1

The more pertinent question isn't "why did no-one scream 'Venkys Out'?" (as though it would achieve anything) but "why were they here at all?"

Did they buy Neville's house or not?

They probably rented it for six months and turned it into a pig sty. They then decided it was too expensive and left. They now stop in a 4 man tent just behind Darwen Tower whenever they decide to take in 10 minutes or so of a football match involving the club they 'bought'.

I, and those round me in the BBE, had no idea they were there last night. Possibly too focused on the car crash of a performance on the pitch.

So what did they learn from last nights visit and the health of their "baby"? Nothing that any fan (apart from braddock / agnew) couldn't have told them months ago.

Oh, look, there I go again, assuming they actually give a damn. They never have and never will.

Thought I'd mention that in the Jack Walker Lower, a few lads unfurled a banner when we went 2-0 down saying something like Please Leave the Club - Venky's Please Sell or words to that effect. Within moments they were surrounded by stewards and the banner was removed. Then the lads spent the next twenty minutes being harassed by stewards then several police. The heavy handedness with which Ewood is being policed these days is extraordinary. You would have thought that someone had set fire to the stadium. Thing is the heavy handedness is more likely to incite violence and angry scenes.

• Backroom

Thought I'd mention that in the Jack Walker Lower, a few lads unfurled a banner when we went 2-0 down saying something like Please Leave the Club - Venky's Please Sell or words to that effect. Within moments they were surrounded by stewards and the banner was removed. Then the lads spent the next twenty minutes being harassed by stewards then several police. The heavy handedness with which Ewood is being policed these days is extraordinary. You would have thought that someone had set fire to the stadium. Thing is the heavy handedness is more likely to incite violence and angry scenes.

Did you not read the reasons for not having banners at the game, booth? Somebody could slip over. Hope the police arrested the lads, their thoughtless actions could have ended in tragedy!

B0llox. The steards were simply trying to stop them getting to Kean....which is fair enough.

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Not there to support the team, simply to get on tv and try to create a bad atmosphere. They protested and we lost....but no doubt they will continue to claim we only win when they protest! :unsure:

As for Venkys hiding - they were sat outside in the Jack walker box....how is that hiding? I knew they were attending the game at around 2pm in the afternoon, hardly sneaked in and out.

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Why are they muppets for tryong to highlight what is the best way forward for the club.

The real muppets arethose fans that are in denial.

Watch their actions, watch how they do it. They do not want the club to do well, they would rather we lose so they can protest.

At 2-2 they sat down and behaved, and at some of the time it wasd 2-1.....IF they are that unhappy that they all went sitting over there to protest then why did they only protest when we were losing??? Answer that.

Mattyblue - I agree with the collapsing statement, but I dont agree with the actions of those who are protesting inside a stadium in a vital game. Especially if its only when we are losing. How fickle and Sad does that make them look?

B0llox. The steards were simply trying to stop them getting to Kean....which is fair enough.

Not there to support the team, simply to get on tv and try to create a bad atmosphere. They protested and we lost....but no doubt they will continue to claim we only win when they protest! :unsure:

As for Venkys hiding - they were sat outside in the Jack walker box....how is that hiding? I knew they were attending the game at around 2pm in the afternoon, hardly sneaked in and out.

If they came in the ground after kick off and left well before the end then in effect they did sneak in and sneak out. Im sure they could have got there an hour before and left an hour afterwards. They own the gaff 'allegedly', they could sit in the comfort of a lounge or office could they not. Utter ######s!

i had no idea that they had attended until this morning..

as another poster, i was too busy watching the shambles on the pitch unfurl rather than gazing at the stands

i am sure that if more people had realised they were at the game they would have got it both barrels...

but then again, they along with Coco the Clown have no interest in the club and are just too thick skinned to care..!..

Well credit goes to those lads in my book, its about time the protests got going again.

Archived