BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's tha story on Venky's being at Ewood last night?

Simply pointing out what seems obvious to anyone who can take a bigger picture view of the goings on. I would be delighted if Venky's and Kean were to disappear off into the sunset but I dont see it happening between now and the end of May. Blinkered is the person who does not look for fear of seeing the truth.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that is fine but the numbers who turned that game where far larger than the numbers attracted on organised protests. Again nothing was organised and the protest movement can not be blamed for supporters on a larger scale turning than organised protests attract.

It was the same as Wigan away in 2008 when Ince was targeted, this happens in football, no particular group is to blame, it's called supporters having enough and sadly a repeat of the Bolton result in the next two home games will see it happen again (and that is not me stirring the point, it is me giving my opinion on what i expect to see)

You are forgetting there is a huge difference to what happened with regards to Ince and the current situation. When Ince was manager, there was a board who had the power to act. That is not the same today.

You are also dealing with a whole new ball game with venkys. They will not listen to protests, first and foremost. Although I DO NOT agree with how venkys have done 'all' the things they have done. Some of them I do.

John Williams had constantly said the wage bill is too high and needs to be addressed. Venkys have done that. They have got rid of some of the high earners. But JW in my view did not have the heart to do it. As he knew it would damage the team. JW looked at things from the team point of view. Whereas venkys have looked at and dealt with the money side of things. Trying to get the club to cut its cloth accordingly.

One of their biggest mistakes was not getting a sponsor for the shirt and mis treating other sponsors. If they had got the 'commercial' element right, they would not have had to cut as drastic as they have done.

The truth is nobody is going to make money owning Blackburn Rovers. It is in an area surrounded by many other clubs which greatly hampers things. So the cloth has to be cut so as to operate financially. It may mean the club has to suffer for awhile. Not much different than the cuts being made by the coalition government. They could have course have put up season ticket prices - but they didn't.

Even if relegated, I do not believe venkys are going to sell. I think they have 'now' already planned for that possibility. Not at the beginning they didn't. But I think they are trying to get the club to operate within its means - as Jack wanted. There was only one way of doing that and that was cutting the wage bill.

Because I believe venkys are here to stay, which we have to live with. For the sake of the club, local business, especailly the large ones, in the area have to come in and try to support venkys. Work along side them, put in financially. It maybe a reluctant solution. But if venkys are staying, then there is, for the sake of the club, no other option.

Yes it would be nice if venkys sold the club (dependant on who they sold too) and took kean with them to be the scarcrow in the chicken shed. But we all have to look at the possibility that they are determined to hold onto the club, no matter what. So a solution has to be found if that happens.

Look I want them gone as much as any supporter. But I do not believe it is going to happen.

Typical, no mention of the original post from Hughesy calling those protesters "muppets' which led up to that reply?

To be honest I hadn't noticed. I just saw a post that called 'hughesy' a dingle and glen +1 it. I hadn't gone through the whole thread.

Yes it would be nice if venkys sold the club (dependant on who they sold too) and took kean with them to be the scarcrow in the chicken shed. But we all have to look at the possibility that they are determined to hold onto the club, no matter what. So a solution has to be found if that happens.

The only solution is for them to bring in an experienced Board of Directors and empower them to run the club. We all know this isn't going to happen. So the only solution is for them to sell. If it takes the efforts of the fans to push them out, then so be it.

JHC there is ome rubbish written on here.

Are some fo you forgetting the perilous position we find ourselves in ?

Its not about the fans, its about the team facing relegation. This current team CAN perform much better of that I am certain HOWEVER there is a problem/issue, Kean is in charge, a man with no credibility, no managerial skills, a person who constnatly spouts utter tripe to the camera and a person with absolutey no idea on tactics or how to use the players available to him.

IF Rovers Senior Management had taken stock of the bad feeling, bad results, negative fan vibes and the fact that there was clearly unrest in the camp they would have realised the requirement to change MANAGERS.

The fact is, the clubs OWN SUPPORTERS could see it whereas the idiotic owners blatantly lied to by Anderson or whoever saw fit to ignore the local pleas of the fans and media.

That is the only issue for discussion as regards Venky's.

Stop blaming each other guys and girls, it really doesnt do you any favours. The blame lies with KEAN, Paul HUNT, AGnew and Venky's.

The amount of bad feeling in this club is horrendous, it has ripped the club apart, ripped out its heart and has become soulless.

The club will go down this season and it will NOT recover. If anything, the club will face a serious test of stability in The Championship as it faces huge debts, lack of income, fans leaving in drove, a lack of top class sponsorship, cash flow issues and I would suggest it really could see a case of administration because of the antics of our so called owners.

Venky's clearly must realise by now the situtation we are in. We stand to lose £40m PLUS with the drop, we stand to lose the majority of this current squad be it with sales or free transfers as we will not be able to afford the wages currently paid to the players.

Thats the scenario and its real.

Now all of you stand together and say "Thanks Venky's and thanks Mr Kean".

KEAN OUT

Keep on happy clapping... straight to the championship and administration

I do not think the club is near administration, even if relegated. To me the club is more important, not the division it plays in. I supported the club when it was in the old 3rd divison. When playing in a higher division was just a dream. Then we had true blues as supporters and not glory hunters. I lost count the times I used to walk to the ground and home again from Great Harwood. Only having enough dosh for the match ticket. Envied those with pie and bovril. Ok days came when I was given a lift etc.

Many on here probable do not remember those days, having been spoilt on prem football today. I have seen quite a few championship matches this season - bit more of a level playing field. Blackburn Rovers comes first to me, not the prem or any other divison they play in. Maybe watching the club in the old days, helps me today. There were good days and bad days, where expectations were not as high as they are today. We wanted much, but did not expect it. If we had a decent cup run, great. If we didn't, well we never expected it anyway. That was football. We had nowt, we expected nowt. But supportered the team all the same. During those days it was big news, "we're on telly tonight" now we moan cos we are squeezed on the end of MOTD.

Well if that is happy clapping, then I will do it night and day. I'll wear a blue and white top, the colours of the team I support. No matter the division. Why, because I am a Rovers supporter, whatever happens.

Pafell, couldn't put it more succinctly myself. Those days we enjoyed being a club, a band of supporters and when we had success like mid 70.s and early 80s then it all seemed worthwhile. I for one will support my team regardless of who owns it or who the manager is. What is important is being a fan of my team.

Too many have been brought up on the Premiership ideal, well we shall see who the 'real' supporters are when there is no premiership and no superstars, just a team who want to play for the club and fans who want to support the club.

The only solution is for them to bring in an experienced Board of Directors and empower them to run the club. We all know this isn't going to happen. So the only solution is for them to sell. If it takes the efforts of the fans to push them out, then so be it.

But, being realistic, OJ, will the fans' efforts push them out?

If they don't want to sell, and if they don't have to sell [i.e. they don't need the cash for other parts of their business; I'm not one of those In The Know on this], then they won't sell, irrespective of whatever fans do or say.

Indeed, I've sometimes wondered if they don't take a perverse pleasure in holding onto the club in the face of all the demonstrations and antipathy from fans.

JHC there is ome rubbish written on here.

Are some fo you forgetting the perilous position we find ourselves in ?

Its not about the fans, its about the team facing relegation. This current team CAN perform much better of that I am certain HOWEVER there is a problem/issue, Kean is in charge, a man with no credibility, no managerial skills, a person who constnatly spouts utter tripe to the camera and a person with absolutey no idea on tactics or how to use the players available to him.

IF Rovers Senior Management had taken stock of the bad feeling, bad results, negative fan vibes and the fact that there was clearly unrest in the camp they would have realised the requirement to change MANAGERS.

The fact is, the clubs OWN SUPPORTERS could see it whereas the idiotic owners blatantly lied to by Anderson or whoever saw fit to ignore the local pleas of the fans and media.

That is the only issue for discussion as regards Venky's.

Stop blaming each other guys and girls, it really doesnt do you any favours. The blame lies with KEAN, Paul HUNT, AGnew and Venky's.

The amount of bad feeling in this club is horrendous, it has ripped the club apart, ripped out its heart and has become soulless.

The club will go down this season and it will NOT recover. If anything, the club will face a serious test of stability in The Championship as it faces huge debts, lack of income, fans leaving in drove, a lack of top class sponsorship, cash flow issues and I would suggest it really could see a case of administration because of the antics of our so called owners.

Venky's clearly must realise by now the situtation we are in. We stand to lose £40m PLUS with the drop, we stand to lose the majority of this current squad be it with sales or free transfers as we will not be able to afford the wages currently paid to the players.

Thats the scenario and its real.

Now all of you stand together and say "Thanks Venky's and thanks Mr Kean".

KEAN OUT

I have just sent that to the person who says he is Steve Kean

But, being realistic, OJ, will the fans' efforts push them out?

If they don't want to sell, and if they don't have to sell [i.e. they don't need the cash for other parts of their business; I'm not one of those In The Know on this], then they won't sell, irrespective of whatever fans do or say.

Indeed, I've sometimes wondered if they don't take a perverse pleasure in holding onto the club in the face of all the demonstrations and antipathy from fans.

That is the reality of the situation. They will not be pushed.

This topic makes for sad reading. Living in Ireland I only get over for a game or two a season because of a lack of money. I've been a rovers supporter since i could walk. Always enjoyed meeting other rovers fans and loved the camaraderie too. We were always very much us against them (other clubs). Never thought I'd see that die. Can't understand why anyone would hate on other fans from protesting or saying how they feel. We've been sold down the river to Indians who seem to be quite happy to sell our best players, buy cheap replacements whilst using the Blackburn Rovers name as a PR tool. I respect others opinions but as we are on the brink of relegation I just can't understand how people can still think that the protesters have alterior motives. The stats don't lie.

That is the reality of the situation. They will not be pushed.

You might be right, but there are people who just can't sit back and watch it all happen without trying to do something.

Look at Liverpool's previous owners, they didn't want to sell either.

Kean cost us crucial points due to shocking team selection and tactics against West Brom and Wigan at home and it's still happening now.

The calls for his head that happened against Bolton should still be continuing now. Cutting him some slack has neither helped results nor the team.

That night against Bolton wasn't wrong - it was one of the few nights this season that were right.

John Williams had constantly said the wage bill is too high and needs to be addressed. Venkys have done that. They have got rid of some of the high earners. But JW in my view did not have the heart to do it. As he knew it would damage the team. JW looked at things from the team point of view. Whereas venkys have looked at and dealt with the money side of things. Trying to get the club to cut its cloth accordingly.

B.S.

the problem with the protests have been the direction they took and the games that were chosen. it should never have been aimed at kean from the start no matter how bad he has been. the culprits have been the owners from the word go. they are the ones ruining this club with the help of a hopeless manager but they appointed him. im sick of hearing the protesters go on like they are the only ones that care. this isnt true but aiming the protests at kean the way you did turned the media and pundits against us.

why kean no matter how badly he has done was the only aim our protests where aimed at bemuses me. if it had been aimed at venkys then the bigger picture would have been noticed by more and questions may have been asked. instead most now see our fans as moronic and pathetic and see kean as a pure victim. anything we do from this point on is just looked at with contempt.

im not saying your protests where bad and it was good to see people get together but in my eyes it was the wrong direction and this is why a lot of people may have stayed clear. you where also unlucky that the games you chose all resulted in a positive game for kean which made the protests again being aimed at him pointless. i hope the future gets better for rovers but it is hard to see. one thing i hope for is all our fans will unite and stop arguing with each other about who are the better fans.

You are forgetting there is a huge difference to what happened with regards to Ince and the current situation. When Ince was manager, there was a board who had the power to act. That is not the same today.

You are also dealing with a whole new ball game with venkys. They will not listen to protests, first and foremost. Although I DO NOT agree with how venkys have done 'all' the things they have done. Some of them I do.

One of their biggest mistakes was not getting a sponsor for the shirt and mis treating other sponsors. If they had got the 'commercial' element right, they would not have had to cut as drastic as they have done.

The truth is nobody is going to make money owning Blackburn Rovers. It is in an area surrounded by many other clubs which greatly hampers things. So the cloth has to be cut so as to operate financially. It may mean the club has to suffer for awhile. Not much different than the cuts being made by the coalition government. They could have course have put up season ticket prices - but they didn't.

Even if relegated, I do not believe venkys are going to sell. I think they have 'now' already planned for that possibility. Not at the beginning they didn't. But I think they are trying to get the club to operate within its means - as Jack wanted. There was only one way of doing that and that was cutting the wage bill.

Because I believe venkys are here to stay, which we have to live with. For the sake of the club, local business, especailly the large ones, in the area have to come in and try to support venkys. Work along side them, put in financially. It maybe a reluctant solution. But if venkys are staying, then there is, for the sake of the club, no other option.

Look I want them gone as much as any supporter. But I do not believe it is going to happen.

I've got news for you- nobody HAS to come in and support Venkies. They are like lung cancer in our club and you want us to keep buying cigarettes. Not me matey, I won't put another penny into Rovers while they are involved. I've been a Rovers fan for 50 years and always will be but for Rovers to ever thrive again Venkies must go. There is no alterative.

Last time the Chuckle brothers were over here, I think someone said they stayed at the Lowry. If that's happening again, I do hope it's on their expense and not the club's. Or have the alleged limitations on Kean's team selection funded this jaunt and the expensive portraits in Jack's lounge?

• Backroom

If that is the best you can contribute. I suggest you give up.

Venkys have cut the wage bill. JW did say it needed to be done.

I'm not sure he meant at the cost of dropping out of the premier league.

What's the point - you won't listen anyway.

Your view of the situation is as cold, calculated and objective as Venkys "running" of our club. I see no heart, no soul, no passion in your analysis.

Venkys have destroyed us as a Premier League club and given us absolutely no indication they are doing this for the greater good of the club. I therefore have no confidence that they won't destroy us as a Championship club - or even a professional club.

They do not want us to compete, despite all the big talk when the first arrived, and there is no indication at all that they care about football. Why the hell did they buy our football club, any club? There can only be one logical conclusion. Money. And that is understandable. Not acceptable but understandable.

But I cannot for the life of me understand why you continue to defend them.

I'm beyond p1ssed off at hearing or reading about THAT night against Bolton. The reason it turned as it did was because the situation was allowed to get that far. At no other club would a manager who had fabricated so much nonsense, had overseen their clubs worse run for 25 years, publicly goaded his own fans (Wigan), received a new contract after a pathetic run of form, spouted champions league bullcrap and so on. Do I need to go on? Venky's and Kean are one in the same to me, an absolute disgrace. He should have never been given the job, he was . He should have been replaced in March, he wasn't. He should have been replaced in the summer. He wasn't. He should have been gone in November, then December then January. He wasn't. None of this is the fans doing. The protests happened like at no other club because it was/is such an unusual and incomprehensible situation. All the promises that Venky's laid down were lies, as we're the ones from Kean's mouth. No one asked them for any of that. I've been going home, away and around Europe with my club since '87. Last night I stated at home with my season ticket in the drawer. I felt gutted, and it's all the doing of Kean and Venky's. Not the protestors or none protestors, Kean/Venkys have poisoned this once amazing club. Not us. They will relegate this team, not us.

Yes it probably did need doing, but not in this crack pot way in which it's been done and NOT at the expense of our place in the Premier League. We've now got a team full of complete crap, who we've paid agents a ###### load of money for (probably more than the wages saved) in the process, and I bet our wage bill isn't that much reduced. I'd rather be taking a risk and pay Samba and Nelsen £80k/week to play in our back four, than pay Dann and Hanley 50p!

Archived