BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Community March

Ahead of the forthcoming home match against Norwich City on Saturday 21st April 2012 sections of Blackburn Rovers supporters will take part in a ‘community march’ from Blackburn town centre to Ewood Park.

Both Blackburn Rovers and the town of Blackburn deserve better, therefore it is intended that a community march will take place prior to this game and will carry the message ‘Blackburn wants its Rovers back’

The relevant legal notices were served to the authorities yesterday and we await their reply in relation to any restrictions regarding this. We are hoping to have further information in relation to this prior to the forthcoming Action Group open floor meeting at Longshaw club on Sunday.

LATEST PRESS RELEASE:

http://brfcactiongroup.co.uk/press-release-brfc-action-group-12042012/

EVENT PAGE:

https://www.facebook.com/events/338216789575740

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done, see you at the march, but not at the game.

I actually think the time as come now for all rovers fans to take a stance as say enough is enough and everybody to join the community march. Its not just about the club anymore its about community spirit or the lack of it if rovers get relegated because they will struggle to survive as a football club in the lower divisions we need to push for venkys to sell at least this way we may have a good chance that a real buyer who has the interest of the club at heart may purchase it and be rid of the asset strippers once and for all i urge the whole community of blackburn and surrounding areas to get behind this march from the town centre even if some of the fans are boycotting please attend and show solidarity THE TOWN NEEDS YOU AND THE CLUB NEEDS YOU

I actually think the time as come now for all rovers fans to take a stance as say enough is enough and everybody to join the community march. Its not just about the club anymore its about community spirit or the lack of it if rovers get relegated because they will struggle to survive as a football club in the lower divisions we need to push for venkys to sell at least this way we may have a good chance that a real buyer who has the interest of the club at heart may purchase it and be rid of the asset strippers once and for all i urge the whole community of blackburn and surrounding areas to get behind this march from the town centre even if some of the fans are boycotting please attend and show solidarity THE TOWN NEEDS YOU AND THE CLUB NEEDS YOU

I actually think that will happen after the Wigan match when our fate has been sealed, it will be carnage

I'm sorry, I just do not understand the strategy of continual marches. They will never get, say, 15,000 people doing it, so will always be open to the interpretation that it's a minority. Where the petition signed by 30,000 people delivered by Jack Straw to the Minister for Sport which would have been much easier to achieve and much better able to be spun into the right kind of new coverage?

Marches may make the marchers feel like they are "doing something", but that makes it therapy for fans rather than an effective mechanism to dislodge the owners.

Oh, and the press release is way too long, unfocused and appears on first reading to be one long gripe about looming relegation.

I'm sorry, I just do not understand the strategy of continual marches. They will never get, say, 15,000 people doing it, so will always be open to the interpretation that it's a minority. Where the petition signed by 30,000 people delivered by Jack Straw to the Minister for Sport which would have been much easier to achieve and much better able to be spun into the right kind of new coverage?

Marches may make the marchers feel like they are "doing something", but that makes it therapy for fans rather than an effective mechanism to dislodge the owners.

Oh, and the press release is way too long, unfocused and appears on first reading to be one long gripe about looming relegation.

It's not a case of feeling we are doing something we ARE doing something!

Marching is the only way to keep focus on the current plight we find ourselves in Exiled, clearly we need positive media coverage, and with relegation just around the corner now could be the time to gain that positive media coverage. You're correct in that marching does make the marcher feel like he/she is making a difference, but thats not a negative, its a positive in my book (Christ I sound like bloody Kean now) :wacko:

I also like the slight change of direction thats put this as an issue for the town and not just the football club. The football club puts the town on the map, the football club employs the people of the town and both will suffer if we go down.

I actually think that will happen after the Wigan match when our fate has been sealed, it will be carnage

I think you are right there , I would leave it be and let things take their natural course .

Personally Norwich could well be another Bolton ..As for the Wigan game if it all goes wrong , I would be advising Kean to leave the ground long before the end of the game ...

I wonder what odds there are on our owners attending either game ?

I think you are right there , I would leave it be and let things take their natural course .

Personally Norwich could well be another Bolton ..As for the Wigan game if it all goes wrong , I would be advising Kean to leave the ground long before the end of the game ...

I will be staying as long as it takes after the Wigan match to get close to Kean so I can tell him exactly how I feel

You have my complete support however small and inconsequential it is, given the distance.

It is the eleventh hour, it is a last rallying call.

We are at the point of no return.

Do it now, or forever regret your inaction.

If someone can get hold of an Australian Flag, do so, fly it high for us antipodeans who follow the Rovers from afar.

I have seen online ones, which just get bombarded by Burnley fans signing joke names.

My Dad is 83 with an artificial hip and has been going for 60 years. He won't march when he can barely make it to the car; he's never been online, but he WOULD have signed a petition outside the ground or in the town centre, as would everyone else with an affinity for the club.

Marches and the obsession with Twitter/Facebook have inevitably made this a marginal campaign simply because they exclude the participation of the majority in practical terms, enabling the club to marginalise the protestors. It couldn't have been easier for them.

The press release contradicts the most basic rules of a press release. The purpose of a press release is to give a busy journalist a good story on a plate. In the first 2 sentences it has to grab the attention of someone who gets 200 of them a day and the rest of it needs to be essentially ready to run copy. This "press release" starts off by insulting the reader, ie member of the press, by saying they are stupid by having been duped by the lies of the club. Marvelous.

My Dad is 83 with an artificial hip and has been going for 60 years. He won't march when he can barely make it to the car; he's never been online, but he WOULD have signed a petition outside the ground or in the town centre, as would everyone else with an affinity for the club.

Marches and the obsession with Twitter/Facebook have inevitably made this a marginal campaign simply because they exclude the participation of the majority in practical terms, enabling the club to marginalise the protestors. It couldn't have been easier for them.

The press release contradicts the most basic rules of a press release. The purpose of a press release is to give a busy journalist a good story on a plate. In the first 2 sentences it has to grab the attention of someone who gets 200 of them a day and the rest of it needs to be essentially ready to run copy. This "press release" starts off by insulting the reader, ie member of the press, by saying they are stupid by having been duped by the lies of the club. Marvelous.

EiT, i agree re the press release.

It should be:

what

where

why

who

quotes from a named person

contact details........and keep it short, snappy and to the point

That would be the best way to get a proper petition done. I wonder of the action group have any plans for this?

The club wouldn't allow petitioners outside the ground, it would have to be well away from the stadium. Besides, what would the petition be about? We want Venkys to leave? Would that have any effect whatsoever?

What we really need is what hasn't happened yet. A majority march, rather than a minority one. Maybe the town centre one could be black arm bands and march in silence. Possibly even with a mock coffin being carried (much like the one that will probably go through Bamber Bridge in the Summer - only do it while it still can get some attention. But it needs to attract thousands of people, not hundreds.

Venkys are going nowhere, I'm not convinced about talk of them saving face and leaving with a good offer. I think they'll sneak out in the dead of night and pull the club by proxy through a final statement via Venkys London Ltd.

It would be good to have them see what they have done to this club, this town.

Archived