319 replies to this topic

#1 mark1875

mark1875

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1718 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 17:22 PM

Ahead of the forthcoming home match against Norwich City on Saturday 21st April 2012 sections of Blackburn Rovers supporters will take part in a ‘community march’ from Blackburn town centre to Ewood Park.

Both Blackburn Rovers and the town of Blackburn deserve better, therefore it is intended that a community march will take place prior to this game and will carry the message ‘Blackburn wants its Rovers back’

The relevant legal notices were served to the authorities yesterday and we await their reply in relation to any restrictions regarding this. We are hoping to have further information in relation to this prior to the forthcoming Action Group open floor meeting at Longshaw club on Sunday.

LATEST PRESS RELEASE:
http://brfcactiongro...group-12042012/

EVENT PAGE:
https://www.facebook...338216789575740

Edited by mark1875, 13 April 2012 - 00:27 AM.

"Together We Can"

#2 preston blue

preston blue

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4050 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 18:35 PM

Well done, see you at the march, but not at the game.
Venkys are Kean !!

#3 woodsybrfc

woodsybrfc

Conference

• Members
  • 14 posts

• ST Block: so1

Posted 12 April 2012 - 20:40 PM

I actually think the time as come now for all rovers fans to take a stance as say enough is enough and everybody to join the community march. Its not just about the club anymore its about community spirit or the lack of it if rovers get relegated because they will struggle to survive as a football club in the lower divisions we need to push for venkys to sell at least this way we may have a good chance that a real buyer who has the interest of the club at heart may purchase it and be rid of the asset strippers once and for all i urge the whole community of blackburn and surrounding areas to get behind this march from the town centre even if some of the fans are boycotting please attend and show solidarity THE TOWN NEEDS YOU AND THE CLUB NEEDS YOU

#4 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16626 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 12 April 2012 - 20:52 PM

I'll be there. Said a while back I thought a march from town Was a good idea
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#5 roverandout

roverandout

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4530 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 22:45 PM

i'll be there with feckin bells on!!!

#6 Sparky Marky

Sparky Marky

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3140 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 22:51 PM

It would be effective if loads of fans stood outside for the game. A thousand would be significent. Making lots of noise. Outside players entrance...
Jim Furnell's Blue and White Army

#7 92er

92er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5821 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 23:23 PM

I hope you avoid the spelling mistake.
995325036%%%topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=2081%%%Top 3 Players.

#8 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23852 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

EVERYONE WHO IS UNHAPPY needs to be on this Black says there's only 30 unhappy fans out of 18000 .. I'm fuming

I GET SLAGGED FOR BEING NEGATIVE...WHAT DOES THIS MAKE THE ONES WHO ARE HAPPY WE GOT KNOCKED OUT BY SCUNTHORPE OR THE ONES WHO THINK WE SHOULD NOT BE BEATING CARDIFF AT HOME OR THE NON STOP ROBBO BASHERS? AT LEAST MY HATE IS TARGETED AWAY FROM THE TEAM!!!! AND NOW WORST OF ALL SCOTCH ROVER WANTS FORGIVENESS AND USES DINGLESISMS WANTING THE SCUM TO LIVE FOREVER!

#9 GAV

GAV

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10098 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Thats goes for us also :tu:

Oh mercerman, come out come out wherever you are! :tu:

#10 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Whats a 'Community march'??

Whats different about this one and all the other ones we have had??

Edited by Hughesy, 13 April 2012 - 07:54 AM.

The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#11 Ralfinho

Ralfinho

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

I actually think the time as come now for all rovers fans to take a stance as say enough is enough and everybody to join the community march. Its not just about the club anymore its about community spirit or the lack of it if rovers get relegated because they will struggle to survive as a football club in the lower divisions we need to push for venkys to sell at least this way we may have a good chance that a real buyer who has the interest of the club at heart may purchase it and be rid of the asset strippers once and for all i urge the whole community of blackburn and surrounding areas to get behind this march from the town centre even if some of the fans are boycotting please attend and show solidarity THE TOWN NEEDS YOU AND THE CLUB NEEDS YOU

I actually think that will happen after the Wigan match when our fate has been sealed, it will be carnage
MINGE

#12 Exiled in Toronto

Exiled in Toronto

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3453 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

I'm sorry, I just do not understand the strategy of continual marches. They will never get, say, 15,000 people doing it, so will always be open to the interpretation that it's a minority. Where the petition signed by 30,000 people delivered by Jack Straw to the Minister for Sport which would have been much easier to achieve and much better able to be spun into the right kind of new coverage?

Marches may make the marchers feel like they are "doing something", but that makes it therapy for fans rather than an effective mechanism to dislodge the owners.

Oh, and the press release is way too long, unfocused and appears on first reading to be one long gripe about looming relegation.

#13 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23852 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

I'm sorry, I just do not understand the strategy of continual marches. They will never get, say, 15,000 people doing it, so will always be open to the interpretation that it's a minority. Where the petition signed by 30,000 people delivered by Jack Straw to the Minister for Sport which would have been much easier to achieve and much better able to be spun into the right kind of new coverage?

Marches may make the marchers feel like they are "doing something", but that makes it therapy for fans rather than an effective mechanism to dislodge the owners.

Oh, and the press release is way too long, unfocused and appears on first reading to be one long gripe about looming relegation.

It's not a case of feeling we are doing something we ARE doing something!

I GET SLAGGED FOR BEING NEGATIVE...WHAT DOES THIS MAKE THE ONES WHO ARE HAPPY WE GOT KNOCKED OUT BY SCUNTHORPE OR THE ONES WHO THINK WE SHOULD NOT BE BEATING CARDIFF AT HOME OR THE NON STOP ROBBO BASHERS? AT LEAST MY HATE IS TARGETED AWAY FROM THE TEAM!!!! AND NOW WORST OF ALL SCOTCH ROVER WANTS FORGIVENESS AND USES DINGLESISMS WANTING THE SCUM TO LIVE FOREVER!

#14 Majiball

Majiball

Prince of BRFCS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10207 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Has there been a petition?
"To be the best Jockey in the World do you have to have been a top Race Horse?"

"For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve."

#15 davulsukur

davulsukur

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2489 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

I have seen online ones, which just get bombarded by Burnley fans signing joke names.
TEIAM - Problem Solved

#16 GAV

GAV

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10098 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Marching is the only way to keep focus on the current plight we find ourselves in Exiled, clearly we need positive media coverage, and with relegation just around the corner now could be the time to gain that positive media coverage. You're correct in that marching does make the marcher feel like he/she is making a difference, but thats not a negative, its a positive in my book (Christ I sound like bloody Kean now) :wacko:

I also like the slight change of direction thats put this as an issue for the town and not just the football club. The football club puts the town on the map, the football club employs the people of the town and both will suffer if we go down.

Oh mercerman, come out come out wherever you are! :tu:

#17 Waggy76

Waggy76

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2112 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

I actually think that will happen after the Wigan match when our fate has been sealed, it will be carnage

I think you are right there , I would leave it be and let things take their natural course .
Personally Norwich could well be another Bolton ..As for the Wigan game if it all goes wrong , I would be advising Kean to leave the ground long before the end of the game ...

I wonder what odds there are on our owners attending either game ?

Edited by Waggy76, 13 April 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#18 Majiball

Majiball

Prince of BRFCS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10207 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

I have seen online ones, which just get bombarded by Burnley fans signing joke names.

I wonder if people would sign one before entering the ground. We may not have fans who will chant but perhaps they'd sign a form?
"To be the best Jockey in the World do you have to have been a top Race Horse?"

"For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve."

#19 Ralfinho

Ralfinho

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

I think you are right there , I would leave it be and let things take their natural course .
Personally Norwich could well be another Bolton ..As for the Wigan game if it all goes wrong , I would be advising Kean to leave the ground long before the end of the game ...

I will be staying as long as it takes after the Wigan match to get close to Kean so I can tell him exactly how I feel
MINGE

#20 preston blue

preston blue

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4050 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Whats a 'Community march'??

Whats different about this one and all the other ones we have had??

It is a march against those clowns venkys and coco. Does it matter if it is called "community" or not. Please see the wood for the trees.
Venkys are Kean !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.