BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Community March

And to all those who were stood outside the Blackburn end watching the Arsenal v Chelsea match when we arrived, as well as those audibly grumbling about the protesters having "caused our relegation" (whilst you did nothing), you can (Please don't use that word again) off the lot of you. You don't deserve a football club in your town.

So for choosing to support people I know who are in impossible position but who are desperately hard to do the right thing, rather than take part in some well meaning but ultimately futile urban rambling, I don't deserve the club?

Another protest, another victory.

AWESOME! Do we get the exclusive the Venky's have changed their mind, sold to a local billionaire and life long Rovers fan and Kean has been replaced with SAF?

Or by "victory" do yo mean "precisely nothing",

I've said it time and time again, we're not dealing with normal people, No type or size of protest will influence them

Read again Stu. People who went to the ground to waych Chelsea v Arsenal INSTEAD of standing alongside their fellow supporters.

Watching Chelsea v Arsenal FFS. I mean F. F. S. where is the pride in that??

See above. Some of us share your views over Kean and Venkys, but still SUPPORT THE CLUB on and off the field.

If half the people - half - who chanted Venkys Out during the game had marched, it would have made a massive statement - instead Kean and co can continue to claim it's still a minority.

Statement to who about what? 100, 1000, 10000, it would make NO difference, THEY'RE EITHER NOT LISTENING OR THEY SIMPLY DON'T CARE

You obviously didn't go on the march then.

If the 'majority' joined in then they would get their point across better to venkys. no use watching chelsea arsenal then singing for 2 mins in the ground. no wonder Kean thinks he can just dismiss the anti-venkys feeling.

See above

It really isn't.

The marches and protests are defined by the numbers taking part. If 10,000 fans had turned out, the media would have sat up and the club would have had to react.

Buck-passing is doing nothing and expecting someone else to act. And then bleating about how unhappy we are.

We will be relegated because of rank bad ownership and rank bad management - not protesters or non-protesters. That's just noise.

But I'm sick of being sneered at by people who don't want to do anything to bring about a change.

They wouldn't react, we're old news now and even if the news made it all the way to Pune, would they react? Of course not.

As I've been publicly been arguing with a bragette today.I might not have succeeded, but just because I won't wear black and gold or attend marches doesn't mean I've not been trying

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But I'm sick of being sneered at by people who don't want to do anything to bring about a change.

More double standards plus I find it hard to see a post where anyone has sneered at you. On the other hand you, like BRAG, are happy to dismiss those who don't march as undeserving of a football club.

If this is the general attitude of protesters towards others it's hardly surprising few fans support the movement.

The marches did a job, got publicity fir the cause, but marching down the street is not and will never be for everyone.

The cause has moved on- the quite astonishing scenes in the ground with thousands chanting was a watershed moment- let's celebrate that.

Ps The fan village was an excellent idea in theory, it's something I've been calling for for years, shame it's in these circumstances. It's an event the club should put on regulary in the warmer months.

More double standards plus I find it hard to see a post where anyone has sneered at you. On the other hand you, like BRAG, are happy to dismiss those who don't march as undeserving of a football club.

If this is the general attitude of protesters towards others it's hardly surprising few fans support the movement.

I have to agree with you Paul.

The venkys out chants during the match did more to get the point across, than the saturday afternoon stroll along Bolton road by a hand full of people.

Sadly some think that just because you do not march, you are either pro venkys / kean or not a true supporter, or does not care about the club. There are numerous reasons why a person chooses not to march or is unable to take part in such events. It does not mean they do not care or don't deserve a club.

Read various comments about the fan zone thing - even if that had not been there, would those people have got involved in the march anyway. Glen has already commented that there were people at the ground, who clapped when the marchers came past - well those people clapped, but they did not march, are they any less deserving of a club than those who marched.

Telling somebody - who they do not know or do not know their circumstances - that they do not deserve a club, because they are not actively protesting on marches and such events - does nothing to help this 'unity' of supporters that some have mentioned.

In my opinion, the march, though the reason behind it, was and is good. I consider it a massive own goal. For the simple reason you will never get 18,000 or so people marching for various reasons. Reasons that have to be respected. Apparently prior to this march the area was canvassed, leaflets handed out etc etc - yet still under 1000 got involved.

But the chanting of venkys out at the match itself was more effective. Chanting Kean out is totally pointless, as being only a few matches left, will not be going. The chants should only be directed at venkys. If they go, kean is part of the same package. They go, he goes.

I agree telling people who do not get involved in protests that they do not deserve a club is totally unjust.

Some excellent responses from Glenn, Paul and Pafell.

I have my reasons for marching, not marching, going to the fan zone or not going the fan zone.

What I did is no ones business but mine. It doesn't make me or anyone else a lesser supporter than those who choose to march.

I walked with the marchers for about half of the course. I did this to get first hand experience of what it may or may not be achieving. As I expected, I feel that it will achieve nothing, other than to divide the fan base.

I understand the fans `desire` to be seen to be doing something, but in my opinion they are doing more harm than good. When the march finished , near the BBE, the front of the march became the focal point for the banners and placards, where the photographers then had the photo opportunity of a mass of white male mostly under 30 year olds, with their anti Kean and Venkys messages thrust forward. Peter Stephenson from BBC (I think) started shoving his mic into random peoples faces and asked why they were marching.

There is so much potential here for the press to paint ALL rovers fans in a bad light in these situations, and particularly when we keep winning after them! Random TV viewer sees another group of football supporters with a banner saying something like Blackburn Rovers Born in England 1875, Ruined in India 2012, etc and it gives off totally the wrong message.

There is another unspoken element to all this as well, which is sure to surface sooner or later which will bite everyone at Rovers in the arse if it does too. But I hope that it doesn't come to that.

It really isn't.

The marches and protests are defined by the numbers taking part. If 10,000 fans had turned out, the media would have sat up and the club would have had to react.

Buck-passing is doing nothing and expecting someone else to act. And then bleating about how unhappy we are.

We will be relegated because of rank bad ownership and rank bad management - not protesters or non-protesters. That's just noise.

There is absolutely no evidence to my knowledge that proves more protesters would have made a different outcome. Venky's are far enough away to not be affected by the English media. I applaud the protesters efforts and the lengths they've gone to show the World and press our plight. I'd join in more if it wasn't for people saying that non-protesters don't deserve a team or it's the fans' fault that the club are in the predicament they are in. Some of the protesters are so blinded by what they are doing and their opinion they are unable to understand or often respect other peoples' choices.

This will be my last post on the matter, and possibly the board, because I've crossed the line where if you kick one member of a clique they all limp.

People talk about the protests failing because "we'll never get enough people marching", then make their excuses for not marching, yet they can't see the irony in it.

However, to re-iterate and clarify my point regarding people being deserving of a club (in Blackburn)...

If people went to Ewood Park to watch the Chelsea-Arsenal match when they could instead have just as easily gone to a march aimed at keeping the pressure on those who run our club - then, although it was posted in the heat of the moment, I stand by my comment.

I've been posting far too much lately and need a break anyway.

Wow just a matter of interest Paefell did you attend or is it more patronising of protesters from your house?

Your post is a typical responce from a poster who protests to somebody who does not get involved in marches etc. I have yet to see you post anything remotely helpful to dialogue with other posters. All you do is rant and dig out others.

Just because I was not at the match yesterday - because I was busy with more important things than a footbal match. Or because I do not live in the area. Does not make me or any other poster in a simular situation. Any less of a supporter than those who attend every match and every protest. But people like you cannot seem to grasp that.

There is absolutely no evidence to my knowledge that proves more protesters would have made a different outcome. Venky's are far enough away to not be affected by the English media. I applaud the protesters efforts and the lengths they've gone to show the World and press our plight. I'd join in more if it wasn't for people saying that non-protesters don't deserve a team or it's the fans' fault that the club are in the predicament they are in. Some of the protesters are so blinded by what they are doing and their opinion they are unable to understand or often respect other peoples' choices.

+1

This will be my last post on the matter, and possibly the board, because I've crossed the line where if you kick one member of a clique they all limp.

People talk about the protests failing because "we'll never get enough people marching", then make their excuses for not marching, yet they can't see the irony in it.

However, to re-iterate and clarify my point regarding people being deserving of a club (in Blackburn)...

I've been posting far too much lately and need a break anyway.

Or you're just a wind up merchant.

Anyway you've had your own little clique jumping in.

Double standards I'd say...cue Toppers,Abbey, david-daft,AS,nobby etc

Btw you're going on ignore after this reply.

Ciao

Ha ha. A few people disagree (well, don't fully agree) and you think it's an organised conspiracy? You should try being a former protest sympathiser who had the audacity to politely question their on going effectiveness (whilst still broadly supporting their base ideals)! I don't know if I was the victim of an orchestrated campaign, or if I just managed to annoy a lot of people at the same time.

It really isn't.

Giving a different opinion is not sneering. But telling people who are not involved in protests that they do not deserve a club, Is.

• Backroom

Feel it's a shame it's come to this te day after the majority of the ground came together with the common goal of letting their feelings known

This will be my last post on the matter, and possibly the board, YIPEE because I've crossed the line where if you kick one member of a clique they all limp.

People talk about the protests failing because "we'll never get enough people marching", then make their excuses for not marching, yet they can't see the irony in it. YOU CANNOT SEE THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS, APPROACHES TO THINGS. REASONS FOR NOT ATTENDING MARCHES - NOT EXCUSES

However, to re-iterate and clarify my point regarding people being deserving of a club (in Blackburn)... YOUR POINT YOU RE-ITERATE ON PEOPLE DESERVING A CLUB. IS NOTHING SHORT OF BLIND IGNORANCE ON YOUR PART

I've been posting far too much lately and need a break anyway. AND SO SAY MANY OF US

Feel it's a shame it's come to this te day after the majority of the ground came together with the common goal of letting their feelings known

The chants of venkys out during the match was more affective than the march. I watched the match on football first. The chant came over loud and clear. The commentators made reference to it as well. i do not know if all the venkys still watch the matches in India or how they do it. If they heard those chants, I cannot see them being happy about it.

The chants of venkys out during the match, was good. Will it achieve anything, only time will tell.

The chants of venkys out during the match was more affective than the march. I watched the match on football first. The chant came over loud and clear. The commentators made reference to it as well. i do not know if all the venkys still watch the matches in India or how they do it. If they heard those chants, I cannot see them being happy about it.

The chants of venkys out during the match, was good. Will it achieve anything, only time will tell.

motd didnt really mention it. just a quick mention by the commentator

And that above ANY march will be the most effective tool to use against Venky`s.

Can you imagine the scene if they are watching the game live with a lot of corporate cronies and their families and they all hear Ewood united as one chanting "Venky`s out" ? That would be the most humiliating thing that could possibly happen to them.

That surely has to be the way forward in our protests?

And that above ANY march will be the most effective tool to use against Venky`s.

Can you imagine the scene if they are watching the game live with a lot of corporate cronies and their families and they all hear Ewood united as one chanting "Venky`s out" ? That would be the most humiliating thing that could possibly happen to them.

You mean they don't have their own comentators and sound track ? I reckon they'll have a load of guys in a back room shouting " Venkie' In " down the microphone.

So to clarify the situation

If we don't march, you don't count.

If we do march it's the wrong thing to do.

If we sing Venkys/Kean out in the ground we're all moronic

If we are all quiet, we're pro Kean/Venkys

If we go down it's the fans fault

If we stay up Kean gets manager of the year.

It's like the peoples front of Judea and the Judean people's front on here!

Put the petty point scoring and handbags to one side. Let's see where we are by the time Wigan role around. For a lot of fans it will be the last home game for quite some time.

So to clarify the situation

If we don't march, you don't count.

I don`t think I mentioned that at all?

If we do march it's the wrong thing to do.

Nope I don`t think I mentioned that one either

If we sing Venkys/Kean out in the ground we're all moronic

Again I never said that either

If we are all quiet, we're pro Kean/Venkys

Same here

If we go down it's the fans fault

And here

If we stay up Kean gets manager of the year.

I`m struggling to see why all the above is a reply to what I posted??

It's like the peoples front of Judea and the Judean people's front on here!

Put the petty point scoring and handbags to one side. Let's see where we are by the time Wigan role around. For a lot of fans it will be the last home game for quite some time.

In terms of effectiveness I doubt very much Venky`s take any notice of British newspapers that will have an odd paragraph here and there of fans marching.

However,the volume of the verbal protest yesterday was there for ALL viewers to hear and from what I can gather,Venky`s like to have their parties showing Rovers games.If that is the case and they watch the games live,then you can guarantee they will be pretty embarrassed by what they heard.

Nothing to do with point scoring,just an opinion.

In terms of effectiveness I doubt very much Venky`s take any notice of British newspapers that will have an odd paragraph here and there of fans marching.

However,the volume of the verbal protest yesterday was there for ALL viewers to hear and from what I can gather,Venky`s like to have their parties showing Rovers games.If that is the case and they watch the games live,then you can guarantee they will be pretty embarrassed by what they heard.

Nothing to do with point scoring,just an opinion.

Not sure it was meant to be a reply - just depends whether you remember to click add reply or whether you just post a reply to the previous post. Think that was a general summary of what has been said on here so far.

BTW I'm one who doesn't deserve a club. I didn't march, not because i thought it was a bad idea but because I needed to have the car at Ewood as I was on a tight schedule after the match and needed to get away asap. Might seem a feeble excuse but it was fact on the day.

Archived