Photo
- - - - -

Blackburn Rovers Community March

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
319 replies to this topic

#241 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13445 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 21:15 PM

Marches for anything almost never attract enough people to achieve their goal and to blame non-attendees for their failure is simply buck-passing.

It really isn't.

The marches and protests are defined by the numbers taking part. If 10,000 fans had turned out, the media would have sat up and the club would have had to react.

Buck-passing is doing nothing and expecting someone else to act. And then bleating about how unhappy we are.

We will be relegated because of rank bad ownership and rank bad management - not protesters or non-protesters. That's just noise.

But I'm sick of being sneered at by people who don't want to do anything to bring about a change.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#242 AndyNeil

AndyNeil

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 21:21 PM

But I'm sick of being sneered at by people who don't want to do anything to bring about a change.

With the flip side being people who don't protest categorised as "happy clappers" or even worse "pro Kean/Venkys".

<< FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER - VINATGE FOOTBALL PROGRAMME DEALER.

#243 hesfromburn

hesfromburn

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

• ST Block: 1a

Posted 21 April 2012 - 21:36 PM

It really isn't.

The marches and protests are defined by the numbers taking part. If 10,000 fans had turned out, the media would have sat up and the club would have had to react.

Buck-passing is doing nothing and expecting someone else to act. And then bleating about how unhappy we are.

We will be relegated because of rank bad ownership and rank bad management - not protesters or non-protesters. That's just noise.

So you must be the ambassador of this mighty march?

#244 Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 22:05 PM

With the flip side being people who don't protest categorised as "happy clappers" or even worse "pro Kean/Venkys".

I think today showed that 90% of fans are disillusioned with the owners/Kean. The atmosphere of backing the team and getting frustrations across was excellent. As the BBC match report highlighted.

#245 chaddyrovers

chaddyrovers

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6730 posts

• ST Block: NO 2

Posted 21 April 2012 - 22:41 PM

how many people went on march today???

heard so many different numbers

#246 S60tti_BRFC

S60tti_BRFC

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 22:47 PM

If we are relegated by or have been already, then the wigan game could be one massive spontaneous protest on different levels to what we have seen before.

As for today, good effort to those who showed up. 'Moments come and go, memories last forever'

#247 Parsonblue

Parsonblue

Champions League

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2297 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 22:50 PM

I don't think that was the important part of today. For me it was when all four sides of the ground began chanting "Venky's Out" and " Kean Out". Even in the Jack Walker Upper it was sung loudly. Not even Agnew and Kean can sweep the widespread discontent under the carpet anymore. They might be able to play down the numbers on marches but they can't hide the numbers voicing their disatisfaction this afternoon despite being 2-0 up. If Venky's were still in any doubt that they are not welcome today must surely have proved that once and for all.

#248 Mercerman

Mercerman

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5380 posts

• ST Block: Driven out by Venky's / Kean

Posted 21 April 2012 - 23:05 PM

I'd say no more than 300 based upon what I saw as they approached ground along Bolton Road.

#249 Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1583 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 23:06 PM

I don't think that was the important part of today. For me it was when all four sides of the ground began chanting "Venky's Out" and " Kean Out". Even in the Jack Walker Upper it was sung loudly. Not even Agnew and Kean can sweep the widespread discontent under the carpet anymore. They might be able to play down the numbers on marches but they can't hide the numbers voicing their disatisfaction this afternoon despite being 2-0 up. If Venky's were still in any doubt that they are not welcome today must surely have proved that once and for all.

Correct. Today was a watershed, the press actually picked up on what we've been saying all year - We support the team but not the owners/management

#250 Glenn

Glenn

BDFL (retired)

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10541 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 00:33 AM

And to all those who were stood outside the Blackburn end watching the Arsenal v Chelsea match when we arrived, as well as those audibly grumbling about the protesters having "caused our relegation" (whilst you did nothing), you can (Please don't use that word again) off the lot of you. You don't deserve a football club in your town.

So for choosing to support people I know who are in impossible position but who are desperately hard to do the right thing, rather than take part in some well meaning but ultimately futile urban rambling, I don't deserve the club?

Another protest, another victory.

AWESOME! Do we get the exclusive the Venky's have changed their mind, sold to a local billionaire and life long Rovers fan and Kean has been replaced with SAF?

Or by "victory" do yo mean "precisely nothing",

I've said it time and time again, we're not dealing with normal people, No type or size of protest will influence them

Read again Stu. People who went to the ground to waych Chelsea v Arsenal INSTEAD of standing alongside their fellow supporters.
Watching Chelsea v Arsenal FFS. I mean F. F. S. where is the pride in that??

See above. Some of us share your views over Kean and Venkys, but still SUPPORT THE CLUB on and off the field.

If half the people - half - who chanted Venkys Out during the game had marched, it would have made a massive statement - instead Kean and co can continue to claim it's still a minority.

Statement to who about what? 100, 1000, 10000, it would make NO difference, THEY'RE EITHER NOT LISTENING OR THEY SIMPLY DON'T CARE

You obviously didn't go on the march then.

If the 'majority' joined in then they would get their point across better to venkys. no use watching chelsea arsenal then singing for 2 mins in the ground. no wonder Kean thinks he can just dismiss the anti-venkys feeling.

See above

It really isn't.

They wouldn't react, we're old news now and even if the news made it all the way to Pune, would they react? Of course not.

As I've been publicly been arguing with a bragette today.I might not have succeeded, but just because I won't wear black and gold or attend marches doesn't mean I've not been trying

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. ~Voltaire
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#251 waggy

waggy

His Majesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7189 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

:rover: My linksome nice piccys :rolleyes: :brfcsmilie:
http://www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com/
YOU WORK TO LIVE,NOT LIVE TO WORK

#252 Paul

Paul

World Cup

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14644 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

More double standards plus I find it hard to see a post where anyone has sneered at you. On the other hand you, like BRAG, are happy to dismiss those who don't march as undeserving of a football club.

If this is the general attitude of protesters towards others it's hardly surprising few fans support the movement.

Taking a break for a while..................................................... 

#253 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

The marches did a job, got publicity fir the cause, but marching down the street is not and will never be for everyone.

The cause has moved on- the quite astonishing scenes in the ground with thousands chanting was a watershed moment- let's celebrate that.

Ps The fan village was an excellent idea in theory, it's something I've been calling for for years, shame it's in these circumstances. It's an event the club should put on regulary in the warmer months.

#254 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

More double standards plus I find it hard to see a post where anyone has sneered at you. On the other hand you, like BRAG, are happy to dismiss those who don't march as undeserving of a football club.

If this is the general attitude of protesters towards others it's hardly surprising few fans support the movement.

I have to agree with you Paul.
The venkys out chants during the match did more to get the point across, than the saturday afternoon stroll along Bolton road by a hand full of people.
Sadly some think that just because you do not march, you are either pro venkys / kean or not a true supporter, or does not care about the club. There are numerous reasons why a person chooses not to march or is unable to take part in such events. It does not mean they do not care or don't deserve a club.

Read various comments about the fan zone thing - even if that had not been there, would those people have got involved in the march anyway. Glen has already commented that there were people at the ground, who clapped when the marchers came past - well those people clapped, but they did not march, are they any less deserving of a club than those who marched.

Telling somebody - who they do not know or do not know their circumstances - that they do not deserve a club, because they are not actively protesting on marches and such events - does nothing to help this 'unity' of supporters that some have mentioned.

In my opinion, the march, though the reason behind it, was and is good. I consider it a massive own goal. For the simple reason you will never get 18,000 or so people marching for various reasons. Reasons that have to be respected. Apparently prior to this march the area was canvassed, leaflets handed out etc etc - yet still under 1000 got involved.

But the chanting of venkys out at the match itself was more effective. Chanting Kean out is totally pointless, as being only a few matches left, will not be going. The chants should only be directed at venkys. If they go, kean is part of the same package. They go, he goes.

I agree telling people who do not get involved in protests that they do not deserve a club is totally unjust.
VENKYS OUT

#255 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22594 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Wow just a matter of interest Paefell did you attend or is it more patronising of protesters from your house?

**WARNING** grasses and babies alert..deedums..

#256 Will

Will

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Some excellent responses from Glenn, Paul and Pafell.
I have my reasons for marching, not marching, going to the fan zone or not going the fan zone.
What I did is no ones business but mine. It doesn't make me or anyone else a lesser supporter than those who choose to march.
Rovers (Forever Blue) & England (No Surrender)
http://img216.images...l200x1606cb.gif

#257 Ozz

Ozz

World Cup

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6751 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:48 AM

I walked with the marchers for about half of the course. I did this to get first hand experience of what it may or may not be achieving. As I expected, I feel that it will achieve nothing, other than to divide the fan base.

I understand the fans `desire` to be seen to be doing something, but in my opinion they are doing more harm than good. When the march finished , near the BBE, the front of the march became the focal point for the banners and placards, where the photographers then had the photo opportunity of a mass of white male mostly under 30 year olds, with their anti Kean and Venkys messages thrust forward. Peter Stephenson from BBC (I think) started shoving his mic into random peoples faces and asked why they were marching.

There is so much potential here for the press to paint ALL rovers fans in a bad light in these situations, and particularly when we keep winning after them! Random TV viewer sees another group of football supporters with a banner saying something like Blackburn Rovers Born in England 1875, Ruined in India 2012, etc and it gives off totally the wrong message.

There is another unspoken element to all this as well, which is sure to surface sooner or later which will bite everyone at Rovers in the arse if it does too. But I hope that it doesn't come to that.

#258 OhmiBRFC

OhmiBRFC

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1739 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

It really isn't.

There is absolutely no evidence to my knowledge that proves more protesters would have made a different outcome. Venky's are far enough away to not be affected by the English media. I applaud the protesters efforts and the lengths they've gone to show the World and press our plight. I'd join in more if it wasn't for people saying that non-protesters don't deserve a team or it's the fans' fault that the club are in the predicament they are in. Some of the protesters are so blinded by what they are doing and their opinion they are unable to understand or often respect other peoples' choices.
Kean Out

#259 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13445 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

This will be my last post on the matter, and possibly the board, because I've crossed the line where if you kick one member of a clique they all limp.

People talk about the protests failing because "we'll never get enough people marching", then make their excuses for not marching, yet they can't see the irony in it.

However, to re-iterate and clarify my point regarding people being deserving of a club (in Blackburn)...

If people went to Ewood Park to watch the Chelsea-Arsenal match when they could instead have just as easily gone to a march aimed at keeping the pressure on those who run our club - then, although it was posted in the heat of the moment, I stand by my comment.

I've been posting far too much lately and need a break anyway.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#260 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Wow just a matter of interest Paefell did you attend or is it more patronising of protesters from your house?

Your post is a typical responce from a poster who protests to somebody who does not get involved in marches etc. I have yet to see you post anything remotely helpful to dialogue with other posters. All you do is rant and dig out others.

Just because I was not at the match yesterday - because I was busy with more important things than a footbal match. Or because I do not live in the area. Does not make me or any other poster in a simular situation. Any less of a supporter than those who attend every match and every protest. But people like you cannot seem to grasp that.

There is absolutely no evidence to my knowledge that proves more protesters would have made a different outcome. Venky's are far enough away to not be affected by the English media. I applaud the protesters efforts and the lengths they've gone to show the World and press our plight. I'd join in more if it wasn't for people saying that non-protesters don't deserve a team or it's the fans' fault that the club are in the predicament they are in. Some of the protesters are so blinded by what they are doing and their opinion they are unable to understand or often respect other peoples' choices.

+1
VENKYS OUT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.