Photo
- - - - -

Blackburn Rovers Community March

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
319 replies to this topic

#261 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5110 posts

• ST Block: SO15

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

This will be my last post on the matter, and possibly the board, because I've crossed the line where if you kick one member of a clique they all limp.

People talk about the protests failing because "we'll never get enough people marching", then make their excuses for not marching, yet they can't see the irony in it.

However, to re-iterate and clarify my point regarding people being deserving of a club (in Blackburn)...

I've been posting far too much lately and need a break anyway.

Or you're just a wind up merchant.

Anyway you've had your own little clique jumping in.

Double standards I'd say...cue Toppers,Abbey, david-daft,AS,nobby etc

Btw you're going on ignore after this reply.

Ciao
FECK OFF ANDERSON AND TAKE YOUR LITTLE GIRL GUIDE WITH YOU

#262 Glenn

Glenn

BDFL (retired)

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10541 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

This will be my last post on the matter, and possibly the board, because I've crossed the line where if you kick one member of a clique they all limp.

Ha ha. A few people disagree (well, don't fully agree) and you think it's an organised conspiracy? You should try being a former protest sympathiser who had the audacity to politely question their on going effectiveness (whilst still broadly supporting their base ideals)! I don't know if I was the victim of an orchestrated campaign, or if I just managed to annoy a lot of people at the same time.

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. ~Voltaire
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#263 Exiled in Toronto

Exiled in Toronto

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3443 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I've been posting far too much lately and need a break anyway.

Finally we agree on something

#264 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

It really isn't.

The marches and protests are defined by the numbers taking part. If 10,000 fans had turned out, the media would have sat up and the club would have had to react.

Buck-passing is doing nothing and expecting someone else to act. And then bleating about how unhappy we are.

We will be relegated because of rank bad ownership and rank bad management - not protesters or non-protesters. That's just noise.

But I'm sick of being sneered at by people who don't want to do anything to bring about a change.

Giving a different opinion is not sneering. But telling people who are not involved in protests that they do not deserve a club, Is.
VENKYS OUT

#265 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15801 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Feel it's a shame it's come to this te day after the majority of the ground came together with the common goal of letting their feelings known
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#266 EWOODACE1

EWOODACE1

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Feel it's a shame it's come to this te day after the majority of the ground came together with the common goal of letting their feelings known

agreed.
ARTE ET LABORE

#267 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

This will be my last post on the matter, and possibly the board, YIPEE because I've crossed the line where if you kick one member of a clique they all limp.

People talk about the protests failing because "we'll never get enough people marching", then make their excuses for not marching, yet they can't see the irony in it. YOU CANNOT SEE THAT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS, APPROACHES TO THINGS. REASONS FOR NOT ATTENDING MARCHES - NOT EXCUSES

However, to re-iterate and clarify my point regarding people being deserving of a club (in Blackburn)... YOUR POINT YOU RE-ITERATE ON PEOPLE DESERVING A CLUB. IS NOTHING SHORT OF BLIND IGNORANCE ON YOUR PART

I've been posting far too much lately and need a break anyway. AND SO SAY MANY OF US

The chants of venkys out during the match was more affective than the march. I watched the match on football first. The chant came over loud and clear. The commentators made reference to it as well. i do not know if all the venkys still watch the matches in India or how they do it. If they heard those chants, I cannot see them being happy about it.
The chants of venkys out during the match, was good. Will it achieve anything, only time will tell.
VENKYS OUT

#268 EWOODACE1

EWOODACE1

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

The chants of venkys out during the match was more affective than the march. I watched the match on football first. The chant came over loud and clear. The commentators made reference to it as well. i do not know if all the venkys still watch the matches in India or how they do it. If they heard those chants, I cannot see them being happy about it.
The chants of venkys out during the match, was good. Will it achieve anything, only time will tell.

motd didnt really mention it. just a quick mention by the commentator
ARTE ET LABORE

#269 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5110 posts

• ST Block: SO15

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

What is sneering is being abused by people who weren't even born when I started watching us.
FECK OFF ANDERSON AND TAKE YOUR LITTLE GIRL GUIDE WITH YOU

#270 bacup blue

bacup blue

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

And that above ANY march will be the most effective tool to use against Venky`s.

Can you imagine the scene if they are watching the game live with a lot of corporate cronies and their families and they all hear Ewood united as one chanting "Venky`s out" ? That would be the most humiliating thing that could possibly happen to them.

That surely has to be the way forward in our protests?

Edited by bacup blue, 22 April 2012 - 10:18 AM.

Now, take my case. They hung me up here five years ago. Every night, they take me down for twenty minutes, then they hang me up again, which I regard as very fair, in view of what I done, and, if nothing else, it's taught me to respect the Romans, and it's taught me... that you'll never get anywhere in this life, unless you're prepared to do a fair day's work for a fair day's pay!

#271 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5390 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

And that above ANY march will be the most effective tool to use against Venky`s.

Can you imagine the scene if they are watching the game live with a lot of corporate cronies and their families and they all hear Ewood united as one chanting "Venky`s out" ? That would be the most humiliating thing that could possibly happen to them.

You mean they don't have their own comentators and sound track ? I reckon they'll have a load of guys in a back room shouting " Venkie' In " down the microphone.

#272 Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

So to clarify the situation
If we don't march, you don't count.
If we do march it's the wrong thing to do.
If we sing Venkys/Kean out in the ground we're all moronic
If we are all quiet, we're pro Kean/Venkys
If we go down it's the fans fault
If we stay up Kean gets manager of the year.

It's like the peoples front of Judea and the Judean people's front on here!

Put the petty point scoring and handbags to one side. Let's see where we are by the time Wigan role around. For a lot of fans it will be the last home game for quite some time.

#273 bacup blue

bacup blue

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

So to clarify the situation
If we don't march, you don't count.
I don`t think I mentioned that at all?
If we do march it's the wrong thing to do.
Nope I don`t think I mentioned that one either
If we sing Venkys/Kean out in the ground we're all moronic
Again I never said that either
If we are all quiet, we're pro Kean/Venkys
Same here
If we go down it's the fans fault
And here
If we stay up Kean gets manager of the year.
I`m struggling to see why all the above is a reply to what I posted??

It's like the peoples front of Judea and the Judean people's front on here!

Put the petty point scoring and handbags to one side. Let's see where we are by the time Wigan role around. For a lot of fans it will be the last home game for quite some time.

In terms of effectiveness I doubt very much Venky`s take any notice of British newspapers that will have an odd paragraph here and there of fans marching.

However,the volume of the verbal protest yesterday was there for ALL viewers to hear and from what I can gather,Venky`s like to have their parties showing Rovers games.If that is the case and they watch the games live,then you can guarantee they will be pretty embarrassed by what they heard.

Nothing to do with point scoring,just an opinion.
Now, take my case. They hung me up here five years ago. Every night, they take me down for twenty minutes, then they hang me up again, which I regard as very fair, in view of what I done, and, if nothing else, it's taught me to respect the Romans, and it's taught me... that you'll never get anywhere in this life, unless you're prepared to do a fair day's work for a fair day's pay!

#274 gumboots

gumboots

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6939 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

In terms of effectiveness I doubt very much Venky`s take any notice of British newspapers that will have an odd paragraph here and there of fans marching.

However,the volume of the verbal protest yesterday was there for ALL viewers to hear and from what I can gather,Venky`s like to have their parties showing Rovers games.If that is the case and they watch the games live,then you can guarantee they will be pretty embarrassed by what they heard.

Nothing to do with point scoring,just an opinion.

Not sure it was meant to be a reply - just depends whether you remember to click add reply or whether you just post a reply to the previous post. Think that was a general summary of what has been said on here so far.
BTW I'm one who doesn't deserve a club. I didn't march, not because i thought it was a bad idea but because I needed to have the car at Ewood as I was on a tight schedule after the match and needed to get away asap. Might seem a feeble excuse but it was fact on the day.

#275 PAFELL

PAFELL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6393 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Not sure it was meant to be a reply - just depends whether you remember to click add reply or whether you just post a reply to the previous post. Think that was a general summary of what has been said on here so far.
BTW I'm one who doesn't deserve a club. I didn't march, not because i thought it was a bad idea but because I needed to have the car at Ewood as I was on a tight schedule after the match and needed to get away asap. Might seem a feeble excuse but it was fact on the day.

Not a feeble excue at all - but a reason. I was at home in the morning looking after a friends disabled son, whos mum had been taken to hospital. Maybe I do not deserve a club either.
VENKYS OUT

#276 EwoodDawn

EwoodDawn

Premier League

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

One sentence in the BRAG press release summed up why I marched with my children yesterday: "this is no longer just about losing football matches, this is about the very future of the club and the very fabric of Blackburn." The effectiveness of yesterday's march is debatable, as is obvious from the posts in this thread. But if we can all come together to sing "Venkys out" en masse I just wish another way could be found for us to come together and try to do something worthwhile to help not just our club but our town's people who are in real danger of losing their jobs and businesses. What this something is, I don't know. But if we could focus our energy towards trying to find solutions instead of falling out, surely that would be better for all concerned.
I am NOT an idiot.

#277 glen9mullan

glen9mullan

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

As I posted previously it was a good day all around yesterday,

Lots turned up to March, ,Lots who did not attend either pomped their horns or applauded the people marching,
There was some good banners with lots of different messages on them, which will be beamed worldwide.

The atmosphere in the ground was great, and most of the ground joined in with Venkys out etc in the second half, which had been a constant in the first half.

We won the match, which makes for a great weekend,

So the who's, why's , bigger fan, smaller fan, do not really matter, We are all rovers supporters and ALL equal, nothing else should really matter

Below are the video's of the march,

Part 1 is people at the town hall, many more joined on route as shown in part 2

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xUmLP9c4LQk

Part 2

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

Edited by glen9mullan, 22 April 2012 - 12:11 PM.

"Better to try and fail, than to never try at all"

#278 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22644 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Not a feeble excue at all - but a reason. I was at home in the morning looking after a friends disabled son, whos mum had been taken to hospital. Maybe I do not deserve a club either.

If you wasn't would you have attended?

**WARNING** grasses and babies alert..deedums..

#279 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

motd didnt really mention it. just a quick mention by the commentator

You certainly heard it on 5live. The commentary team stopped talking to demonstrate how loud it was and they were saying the whole stadium was taking part. It sounded brilliant.

For what it's worth I think it's the best form of protest. It can't be spun in any other way other than that we want Venky's out. It's not mean, nasty, can't be painted as a minority and anyone who wants to take part can.

Edited by BuckyRover, 22 April 2012 - 12:43 PM.

BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#280 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22644 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

One sentence in the BRAG press release summed up why I marched with my children yesterday: "this is no longer just about losing football matches, this is about the very future of the club and the very fabric of Blackburn." The effectiveness of yesterday's march is debatable, as is obvious from the posts in this thread. But if we can all come together to sing "Venkys out" en masse I just wish another way could be found for us to come together and try to do something worthwhile to help not just our club but our town's people who are in real danger of losing their jobs and businesses. What this something is, I don't know. But if we could focus our energy towards trying to find solutions instead of falling out, surely that would be better for all concerned.

How's babe station haha

**WARNING** grasses and babies alert..deedums..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.