Photo
- - - - -

Kidd in 99

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
83 replies to this topic

#81 forumquizmaster

forumquizmaster

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 13:54 PM

Even though I am still considering renewal - I completely agree with this post.

The hope is still that, by continuing to go, the next landlord/owners will come along before they level the pub and build a supermarket.

Excellent reposte to what was a pretty bloody good post in the first place

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters.
Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

#82 VinjayMC

VinjayMC

Conference

• Banned
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 21:06 PM

Like today, the 1999 relegation should not have happened and was down mainly to poor managerial choices by Jack Walker after the departure of Dalglish. Hodgson caused all sorts of rifts in the dressing room and Kidd was a disaster appointed by Jack to cock a snook at his hated Man United where Kidd was assistant manager. Kidd did however bring Jansen to the club, his one redeeming act.

This impending relegation feels more like 1966 than 1999, with the club in decline and disarray on and off the field. Rovers in fact almost won promotion straight back to the old first division the following year but were pipped at the post by Coventry, who then stayed in the top flight for 30 + years while Rovers declined further over the next 5 - 10 years hitting rock bottom in the lower reaches in the old third division. Don't be surprised if it happens again.

Yes I've said myself his hatred of United would have had something to do with it.

All his appointments had logic and none of them were condemned by fans at the time. Who would have thought Harford being such a good coach would take the club so low by the time he left? Hodgson snatched away from Internazionale and Kidd was linked to other clubs before he took power at Ewood. It was intended to hurt United AND be of immense benefit to Rovers. Best of both worlds as far as Jack was concerned.

#83 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13576 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 21:28 PM

I think it's great that you continue to want to post on a Rovers website, Vinjay, old son.

It proves you have Rovers in your blood. It's kind of endearing in a warped sort of way.

So don't be ashamed, stand proud of your glory hunting Man City peers, and shout those immortal epithets in a vociferous, lung-busting crescendo of glorious melancholy, and with tears in your blood-shot eyes:

# Rovers til I die #

Go on, you know you want to...

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#84 DavidMailsTightPerm

DavidMailsTightPerm

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3824 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 21:55 PM

Quite frankly, if you buy a season ticket next year, you have no right to complain about Venky's, Kean, Agnew or anyone else from the rogue's gallery that has ripped this club apart.

Unless Glenn is successful with his dossier currently resting with the FA - how are you going to effect change at Rovers if you don't attend ?

You could argue that people that continue to attend have more right to complain than those that choose not to - as they are paying customers.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm, 13 July 2012 - 22:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.