BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Was yesterday the start of The Great Escape?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of us are guilty of changing our minds too often

As I said before, it's just gut feel. Football is so unpredictable, like tonight proved, and that's the beauty of the game.

Two wins and we stay up and send Villa (who lose their next three) down Any takers?

Im quite certain 2 wins will not be enough. 38 points I think willbe the target. so 2 wins a point in our next 3 games. Impossible. The teams around us all have decent managers. we have a clown

I am not totally convinced the Bolton / Villa result has left us any worse off last night. Bolton were terrible last night (they have been lucky this year), I'm not convinced they will pick up many more points. Secondly Villa are now utterly catchable, they could really finish LLL. Ironic that Villa, could end up in the bottom 3 for the first time in the season on the last day! Not sure that has ever been achieved!

Basically, it just comes down to getting 2 wins out of 3, hence we need to pull off something truly special at Spurs. The odds are clearly against us, think the bookies give us a 20% survival chance, so under no illusions. However, I think villa at 6-1 is also great value!

The other dimension, is Chelsea will rest their entire sqaud for the last game, except for the guys who picked up suspensions. But probably they would have played a splattering of the first team anyhow, to tip their hat to premier league fair play. Plus Chelsea still have 3 games to play, before us, so they could pick more injuires and suspensions. So we're not dead, we're still twitching, but we HAVE to beat Spurs and keep the faith.

Two wins and we stay up and send Villa (who lose their next three) down Any takers?

I know we have had disagreements in the past but this statement is worse than braddock coming on here after he's sniffed powedered venky giblets out of keans sweaty belly button after he's finished a presser.

I havent posted for quite a while. Too disheartened to even bother. I had some hope before the season started and even when it had - stupidly thought adding some young players to an exeperienced squad might give us a chance of staying up even with our completely inexperienced manager. Selling all our first choice central defenders in one season is complete madness. Letting go or not using virtauly every other experienced player - well I just dont know how to express my complete dismay. How would some of the younger players developed around more experienced players in the team?

What is truely sad is even with all this two pints from the games against Everton and Liverpool would still have given us a fighting chance.

It isnt quite over - all four teams above us lose and we somehow get a win against Spurs - how ever incredibly unlucky it is then it would be an interesting last couple of games.

What really angers me is that it would easily have been avoided, we didnt need to spend millions to have stayed up - this season anyway. Lets face it our squad from last year would have seen us safe.

I still hope we are somehow lucky - cant help feel it - love the club too much - but god I am soo angry. Feel betrayed.

I wonder if the Villa fans will be savaged tomorrow in the media for their treatment of Mcleish tonight...

No thought not.

Was thinking the same. Then i realised Villa fans probably deserve better, or something like that anyway.

No LMA statement or managers being disgusted with the treatment of McLeish either.

Archived