BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan match

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers. Almost wanna put myself in a position where stewards try and take anything I bring off me. Aside from fact I'd be very aggressive in such circumstance

http://m.direct.gov....351201205050131

Democracy everywhere in the uk except ewood park I guess. Who needs legislation when got Paul Agnew calling the shots.

Problem is we are on private property and the owners have legal right to decide who may or may not enter, what is taken in etc. You sign up to this each time you buy a ticket.

The right to protest doesn't apply inside Ewood or other private property. Without a ticket I guess at the least it would be trespass.

As against Norwich Paul, the Ewood goons can do nothing if thousands of people starting chanting abuse at Venky's and Kean. I suspect that on Monday it's going to ring out long and loud for 90 minutes.

The original poster stated he would almost enjoy the stewards trying to take "anything I bring off me" and quoted the right to protest. I pointed out as Ewood is private property the club is quite within its' rights to stop fans taking anything the club objects to into the ground. This applies at all football stadiums and is implicit when you purchase the ticket. Bottle of water at Old Trafford, protests banner at Ewood on Monday the club is acting within its legal, perhaps not moral, rights. There is no difference. I object to not being allowed to take water into a football ground and allowed to buy one inside at an inflated price. The issues are very, very different but the principal in relation to private propery is the same.

Clearly nothing can be done about thousands chanting against Kean and the Raos although the club is again within its rights to eject anyone the club wishes. Easy to do so on the grounds of Health and Safety etc.

The right to legal protest does not apply inside Ewood Park, that doesn't mean it won't happen........................

Not sure where best to post this but this may do Time to go Alex

I'm amazed at Villa that it's just McLeish who is getting it. 3 players caught out on the town drinking and fighting in a nightclub in the early hours is a disgrace to the club too, but the fans seem to have accepted that.

Clearly nothing can be done about thousands chanting against Kean and the Raos although the club is again within its rights to eject anyone the club wishes. Easy to do so on the grounds of Health and Safety etc.

Singing a song has nothing to do with health and safety.

''He was made subject to community supervision for 12 months with a 7pm to 6am curfew for four weeks, and ordered to pay £100 compensation and £200 costs.

He was also made subject to a football banning order which prohibits him from attending any match for the next three years.''

Jesus christ did this man actually hit somebody?..'over enthusiastic' at football matches??

Im gobsmaked at those sentances,this man now has a criminal record because of an argument...way,way over the top!! :o

SIT DOWN,SHUT UP,DO AS YOU ARE TOLD

• Moderation Lead

I'm amazed at Villa that it's just McLeish who is getting it. 3 players caught out on the town drinking and fighting in a nightclub in the early hours is a disgrace to the club too, but the fans seem to have accepted that.

The video of the event shows that it's been blown wildly out of proportion.

Herd goes a bit wild, and Delph and Collins try to calm him down, then it's reported as '3 footballers go wild, bla bla bla'.

''He was made subject to community supervision for 12 months with a 7pm to 6am curfew for four weeks, and ordered to pay £100 compensation and £200 costs.

He was also made subject to a football banning order which prohibits him from attending any match for the next three years.''

Jesus christ did this man actually hit somebody?..'over enthusiastic' at football matches??

Im gobsmaked at those sentances,this man now has a criminal record because of an argument...way,way over the top!! :o

SIT DOWN,SHUT UP,DO AS YOU ARE TOLD

No doubt "Rovers 2010" were keen to press charges and make an example out of someone. :rolleyes:

3 banners done and they will ALL get into the ground unless the Newsham Nazi's wanna get each and every supporter to strip completely. Good luck with that. I'll be in the JW upper.

As posted in another thread Jock i'm on the grassy knoll this weekend can't afford a ticket ^_^

An RPG into the Directors box? Oh sorry i forgot there will be nobody there.

Unless Burnley Bob shows up.

An RPG into the Directors box? Oh sorry i forgot there will be nobody there.

Unless Burnley Bob shows up.

VJ Singh and MG Road will be there if rumours on Facebook are to be believed.

Singing a song has nothing to do with health and safety.

So when a Man Utd fan stands up in the BBE and sings in support of his team why do you think he gets ejected? It might start a fight. Does a fight come under H&S? Yes. Singing a song can be grounds to eject an individual but clearly not thousands as its physically impossible.

Thereis a diffence between what is against ground regulations and what the stewards can actually enforce. A single fan persistently standing in the home areas is going to get spoken to. 8000 scousers in the DE will be ignored.

So when a Man Utd fan stands up in the BBE and sings in support of his team why do you think he gets ejected?

Doh, because the BBE is home fans only.

Sweet FA with singing a song. They'd get thrown out without singing once it's clear who their allegiance is with.

Myself imposed exile from Ewood Park will be lifted for tonight only.

It`s been about a year since we (3 of us) decided to vote with our feet & not re-new our STs.

The ONLY reason i`ve decided to attend tonight is to give Venkys & their puppet Kean 90mins of sh1t.

I`m glad the live tv cameras will be there to witness the outrage from fans who have seen the destruction of our club.

BRING IT ON!!!

RTID

Myself imposed exile from Ewood Park will be lifted for tonight only.

It`s been about a year since we (3 of us) decided to vote with our feet & not re-new our STs.

The ONLY reason i`ve decided to attend tonight is to give Venkys & their puppet Kean 90mins of sh1t.

I`m glad the live tv cameras will be there to witness the outrage from fans who have seen the destruction of our club.

BRING IT ON!!!

RTID

Got in one , the only reason I am going too

Looking like the club has drafted in some 'specials'.

Yellow jacketed stewards around the edge of the pitch, a bit more... athletic... than the usual ones. Sounds like they are being prepped to expect trouble. Really can't see there being a problem myself but we'll see.

Archived