BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers charm offensive

The lack of season ticket sales and the breakdown of relations with the fans has obviously got Rovers rattled. How do we know?

Well, just look at the official site to see how much PR puff has been coming out over the last few days.

1. Season tickets being hand delivered by David Dunn (whatever next!)

2. Free shirt printing in the club shop

3. Band nights back at Blues

4. Saturday's Fan Zone

5. Video of the disabled fans meeting their heroes up at Brockhall

In a blind panic, the latest strategy is clearly to tell the fans how much they're valued, how the club will do anything to make sure the fans are happy blah, blah, blah.

Funny how the fans are only valued when the club wants money for season tickets.

To try and sweep the last 16 months under the carpet like this is an unsult and just shows how out of touch Rovers have become with the fan base.

Pathetic.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe they've realised the mistakes they've made,and are trying to put them right?

I'd start with getting shut of the manager; Captain Divisive. That would certainly help shift some ST's. Nah, too easy, too obvious that. Requires the owners to make the right decision for once, doesn't come easy to them that.

Edit: Exactly Matty.

Here was me thinking this was going to be another thread like the SK one but detailing Rovers PR problems in recent seasons (the searches, the food ban, the lack of communication, the banner ban, allowing Kean to effectively wage war against the fans, the JA SKY interview, the cringe-worthy Radio Lancs interview, SK's Sky Text and him calling up 606 etc, their mishandling of the protests etc).

I'm genuinely disappointed. Especially as I know the people at the club pushing for the good stuff, certainly aren't the same dark forces creating the bad.

• Backroom

The way I read it is some of the good guys at Ewood probably know the the club is going to hell but are doing what they can from their departments.

None of this will be mandated from India I would imagine

Here was me thinking this was going to be another thread like the SK one but detailing Rovers PR problems in recent seasons (the searches, the food ban, the lack of communication, the banner ban, allowing Kean to effectively wage war against the fans, the JA SKY interview, the cringe-worthy Radio Lancs interview, SK's Sky Text and him calling up 606 etc, their mishandling of the protests etc).

I'm genuinely disappointed. Especially as I know the people at the club pushing for the good stuff, certainly aren't the same dark forces creating the bad.

A few years ago we would have been happy with this sort of stuff, I remember people speaking about the fanzone idea on here for instance. Problem is the core product is not good enough these days which is why fans are not interested in PR gestures, they want the club fixed not paper over the cracks with pr gestures. There is a well known saying, "you cant polish a turd"

Glenn, you can't polish a turd.

Until Venky's choose to rid us of the gobshyte imposter of a "manager" or, better still, sell up and bugger off themselves I am afraid "party hats and fairy cakes all" round approach is just not going to wash.

"you cant polish a turd"

Seems we are on the same page Seggie

IMO, club has insulted intelligence of supporters ever since takeover.

In the main, supporters can see through the whole charade and not naive like some of those clowns at Ewood must think.

Told tonight (90% confidence in source) that opening season ticket sales on Monday morning were still less than 1,000 and although there has been some acceleration this week, as you would expect in the last week, numbers are still someway short of 2,000. To involve Blackburn College in 'market research' smacks of both total naivete and desperation - for goodness sake, the reasons have been smacking you in the face for months.

Would be nice for club to show some honesty, and b@lls, and tell us how many sold - not heard a bean so far other than reminder requests by email, text and post.

An analogy - if you don't get the core product right, whatever the packaging may look like, your product will remain on shelf in the supermarket !!!

The lack of season ticket sales and the breakdown of relations with the fans has obviously got Rovers rattled. How do we know?

Well, just look at the official site to see how much PR puff has been coming out over the last few days.

1. Season tickets being hand delivered by David Dunn (whatever next!)

Get them hand-delivered by Fat Barry and watch sales hit the roof.

IMO, club has insulted intelligence of supporters ever since takeover.

To involve Blackburn College in 'market research' smacks of both total naivete and desperation - for goodness sake, the reasons have been smacking you in the face for months.

if you don't get the core product right, whatever the packaging may look like, your product will remain on shelf in the supermarket !!!

For me, it's a shame Simon Williams hasn't been replaced. Or has his work simply been allocated to another source? I'm sure we'd all appreciate some clarification. And if this has already been issued, I apologise but I haven't seen it.

So BRFC has spent money on desperation flyers (which, for those of you overseas, weren't cheap, thin paper things but glossy card and slightly larger than official letter size correspondance, which costs more to send than 'standard' letter size). Then they've scrimped on the investigation of the problems. Why could that be? Three possiblities spring to my mind: a) incompetence on the part of those responsible for generating fan 'business' b ) 'couldn't care less but suppose we have to be seen to be making an effort' mentality, c) 'we'd like more tickets sold but daren't employ an efficient marketing strategist to look into our failings because they'd see through all the nonsense, tell the Rao siblings and possibly the press how bad things have got and then we'd be ditched'.

Glenn, you can't polish a turd.

Until Venky's choose to rid us of the gobshyte imposter of a "manager" or, better still, sell up and bugger off themselves I am afraid "party hats and fairy cakes all" round approach is just not going to wash.

Seems we are on the same page Seggie

Mum, do you have any critical thoughts about: Rovers; Mrs De'ath; the Chuckle Bros; Coco Kean or Aggers? These people are destructive forces.

This is a serious question and not a rhetorical comment of a rambling drunken ( not at 7.45 in the morning ) moron. :closedeyes:

Here we go again. Quite a few of these things have happened before - those who are critical have obviously not been paying attention. <_<

More rubbish from you.

Easily conned.

What they are doing is so transparent, timing, quantity etc.

When will you learn that our club, certainly IMV, is one big hopeless mess, the resultant of having hopeless owners and hopeless management.

Archived