BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Financial Arrangements

Here is an interesting one.

Venky's share price has just risen 13 rupees to 375 rupees.

Perhaps the disenchanted shareholders perked up thinking the Raos will get rid of their English embarrassment and go back to the chicken business which is in sore need of attention?

Venky's have still not released their March quarter end results yet.

If it could be told to the indian financial times that venkys likely to lose 40m due to relegation. May have a different affect on that share price.

Hate to say it, but the share price dropping recently, could be due to reports of bird flu in china.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venkys share price will have very little affect by what happens at Ewood. Investors look at how much money they can make out of their poultry business, the football side of things has been kept very seperate from their other businesses so far, and there is nothing to suggest to the market that it will change.

Venkys share price will have very little affect by what happens at Ewood. Investors look at how much money they can make out of their poultry business, the football side of things has been kept very seperate from their other businesses so far, and there is nothing to suggest to the market that it will change.

And therein is the problem Hughesy. Venkys are clearly not prepared to invest money into the Rovers. Their business interests are not football related. We all know that the club cannot be self sufficient in the Premier League let alone the Championship. With a huge drop in gates and corporate hospitality, combined with limited commercial opportunities that comes with Championship football, there is little prospect of Venkys turning things around. The hatred within the town towards them means there is no chance of them repairing the damage they have done. At the moment, despite the huge loss of TV revenue, there is still money to be made out of the Rovers without them having to inject any of their own cash. Like many others, I suspect they will hang onto the club for another year or two, take what they can and then disappear leaving us heaven knows where.

:unsure::blink: OMG :blink::unsure:

Goswami, whose company organised a friendly between Argentina and Venezuela in Kolkata last year, believes Venky's will not look to sell the club despite facing Championship football next season.

"Selling the club is the easiest way to get out of the trouble. But as an Indian business entity, I expect them to stick around. To leverage something from a club like Rovers, it has to be a long-term plan. They need to look at it differently. I still believe it can be a fantastic property if you have a concrete plan for the next five to six years."

The Venkys share price has fallen 48% in the last 12 months. I know it's puerile but I can't help feeling delighted that they are getting squeezed.

From a traders point of view the share price has fallen through solid support and would be a likely target for shorters, this may add to the short/mid term decline of their stock price, again :lol:

The Venkys share price has fallen 48% in the last 12 months. I know it's puerile but I can't help feeling delighted that they are getting squeezed.

From a traders point of view the share price has fallen through solid support and would be a likely target for shorters, this may add to the short/mid term decline of their stock price, again :lol:

According to some that will mean even less money to spend on Rovers so even more important that season-ticket holders renew!

According to some that will mean even less money to spend on Rovers so even more important that season-ticket holders renew!

They haven't spent anything anyway, their income exceeds the outgoings on transfers, so what difference does it make. Add to that the exodus over the summer replaced by the new Beckham, new Messi, etc etc who will probably cost a grand total of £15 and these slimeballs will trouser the rest. Don't believe for one moment that they will change their behaviour...leopard and spots comes to mind.

My delight comes from the fact that these illegitimates may well suffer some of the pain they have inflicted on Rovers. Financial penalties seem to be the only thing that may make these charlatans bugger off.

They haven't spent anything anyway, their income exceeds the outgoings on transfers, so what difference does it make.

Not sure if you've noticed but no longer have any valuable players to generate income from outgoing transfers.

That's the difference. Without additional funds from somewhere (Venkys coffers) we are doomed when the parachute payments run out. (If not before).

Our previous gates may have sustained a modest lower Championship or League 1 club. As it is, we are almost certainly going to be liquidated without a takeover, and/or cash injection.

Which makes Venkys decision making, and subsequent alienation of the fanbase all the more baffling. Have the made a SINGLE decision in the best interests of BRFC?

Not sure if you've noticed but no longer have any valuable players to generate income from outgoing transfers.

That's the difference. Without additional funds from somewhere (Venkys coffers) we are doomed when the parachute payments run out. (If not before).

Our previous gates may have sustained a modest lower Championship or League 1 club. As it is, we are almost certainly going to be liquidated without a takeover, and/or cash injection.

Which makes Venkys decision making, and subsequent alienation of the fanbase all the more baffling. Have the made a SINGLE decision in the best interests of BRFC?

Nzonzi, Ollson (not the crap one), Givet, Formica, Robinson, Yakubu, Rochina, Dann ( I know he's crap, but there seems to be some interest) will go through the door, I fully expect Venkeans to trouser the proceeds, and I don't know if you've noticed but the Venkeans don't seem to be keen to put in additional coffers, so unless they sell we are pretty screwed anyway, in which case I have no qualms about delighting in any financial demise on their part.

Nzonzi, Ollson (not the crap one), Givet, Formica, Robinson, Yakubu, Rochina, Dann ( I know he's crap, but there seems to be some interest) will go through the door, I fully expect Venkeans to trouser the proceeds, and I don't know if you've noticed but the Venkeans don't seem to be keen to put in additional coffers, so unless they sell we are pretty screwed anyway, in which case I have no qualms about delighting in any financial demise on their part.

We sold Santa Cruz for £18m, Jones for £16m, Samba for £12m. All of which helped cover our running costs.

We will get a maximum of £10m total for all of the players you've listed.

We can't rely on covering our costs with player sales - and still have a squad left which can compete to stay in the Championship.

We sold Santa Cruz for £18m, Jones for £16m, Samba for £12m. All of which helped cover our running costs.

We can't rely on covering our costs with player sales - and still have a squad left which can compete to stay in the Championship.

After all they have done over the last 18 months do you actually believe that these scumbags have any intention of investing a penny in Rovers, besides which the players I listed will go, because either they have fallen out with Kean, seen what a farce is currently going on at Ewood, their ego won't allow them to play in the Championship or they want another payday in the PL. Whatever the reason most of them won't be here next season. Additionally we have seen the standard??? of replacements Keanochio will bring in

After all they have done over the last 18 months do you actually believe that these scumbags have any intention of investing a penny in Rovers

Nope, but that £2m they had budgeted for now has to come from somewhere else.

I suppose the "upside" is that considering we will sell all of our premiership waged players costs will now be much lower so the raw financial situation might not be that dire (I hope...)

Kean's plan will be to pull together a very cheap but effective playing unit who can win promotion a la Norwich, Swansea, Blackpool, Southampton etc. The problem with this plan is that he is a moron who is utterly hated by the fans, not trusted by the players, and while nominally receives backing for the owners effectivey runs a stripped and totally dysfunctional club infrastructure that perpetuates instability.

I am struggling to think of a club situation more dysfunctional than our own in recent history. Whilethe financial issues at Portsmouth in 2008 and Leeds in 2003 were much more severe at least there was some semblance of a heirachy.

I suppose the "upside" is that considering we will sell all of our premiership waged players costs will now be much lower so the raw financial situation might not be that dire (I hope...)

Kean's plan will be to pull together a very cheap but effective playing unit who can win promotion a la Norwich, Swansea, Blackpool, Southampton etc. The problem with this plan is that he is a moron who is utterly hated by the fans, not trusted by the players, and while nominally receives backing for the owners effectivey runs a stripped and totally dysfunctional club infrastructure that perpetuates instability.

I am struggling to think of a club situation more dysfunctional than our own in recent history. Whilethe financial issues at Portsmouth in 2008 and Leeds in 2003 were much more severe at least there was some semblance of a heirachy.

What about his judgment of a footballer ?

His signings are appalling except for the Yak !

Rovers got £40m from the PL this season and will probably get £15m next season.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/05/14/where-the-money-went-premier-league-prize-and-tv-payments-for-2011-12-150501/

http://www.moneycontrol.com/financials/venkys/balance-sheet/V03#V03

I like this site for watching Venkys and how they are doing....Its chickenfoods stuff prices and operating costs thats stinging em..Its their half baked cake approach to helping the Rovers that worries me more than Venkys financial position..

Thanks for finding that web site.

What was the lie they told Nick Harris about no debt?

Why keep banging on about share price?? The Indian currency is falling away, you would expect all Indian shares to be struggling at the moment. Its at a historical low.

As for No Debt....nobody knows, so until we do.....it might aswell be left alone too.

Why keep banging on about share price?? The Indian currency is falling away, you would expect all Indian shares to be struggling at the moment. Its at a historical low.

As for No Debt....nobody knows, so until we do.....it might aswell be left alone too.

Hughesy, their share price has fallen off a cliff.

Are you always this slow?

Hughesy, their share price has fallen off a cliff.

Are you always this slow?

Fact or fiction - the Indian Currency is at an all time low??

What usually happens to shares in a country where your currency has fallen to an all time low? Yes Venkys are struggling, but if your into share dealing....its pretty clear that its a combination of the company AND the currency.

Fact or fiction - the Indian Currency is at an all time low??

What usually happens to shares in a country where your currency has fallen to an all time low? Yes Venkys are struggling, but if your into share dealing....its pretty clear that its a combination of the company AND the currency.

Fiction- the Rupee has been stable for the last 3 years in the band 43 to 51R to the $. Currently it is at the upper end of the range.

Fact the Sensex Bombay composite has broadly treaded water for the past 3 years between 15,000 and 20,000. It is currently at 16,600.

Venky's share price has dropped from 652 to 334 THIS YEAR and from a high of 985 in 2010.

In other words, Venky's India Limited has lost TWO THIRDS of its value IN A STABLE MARKET AND EXCHANGE RATE.

Archived