BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Media Articles

I have said for a long while that the selling off of all the land as one of the main reasons that they bought us for in the first place.

Disaster does not begin to describe the shambles that is about to occur.

I am fairly certain that there are covenants preventing any further development on Brockhall, so it would be pointless anyone buying for that purpose.

Someone was however saying after the match that apparently there is some land separate from the training complex which has been put up for sale, which might be what is being referred to by the "source".

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good piece. Henry Winter has had some sensible things to say about what's gone on this season. Although I do wish he and other respected journalists would drop all this 'abuse' nonsense.

The only bad thing about this article are the comments below. There's the usually guff about Rovers fans being a disgrace, if they supported their team instead of protesting, they won't be missed, poor Steve Kean and it goes on. I'm exhausted after trying to defend the Rovers support and open people eyes to what has gone on, on The Guardian website, so won't be going near this one.

Speaking of The Guardian, David Conn has written an excellent piece. I've commented below under Patrick Coyle. Like all the other articles written, they have very good. But they are too late. This stuff should have been presented months ago.

The sands of time are running out for Mr Kean and I for one cannot bloody wait !

One day, hopefully soon, a reporter will have the cajones to forget about Paul Agnew lurking in the corner and openly quiz Steve Kean on all he has said and done. It will make for compelling viewing.

I am fairly certain that there are covenants preventing any further development on Brockhall, so it would be pointless anyone buying for that purpose.

Someone was however saying after the match that apparently there is some land separate from the training complex which has been put up for sale, which might be what is being referred to by the "source".

I hope you are right.

These snakes could wriggle through glass.

I have said for a long while that the selling off of all the land as one of the main reasons that they bought us for in the first place.

Disaster does not begin to describe the shambles that is about to occur.

When they took over I told the story of Firoz Kassam who bought my hometwon club Oxford United and asset stripped it but was very careful at the time in case I was accussed of racism (just because he was Indian).

I can see what happened at Oxford happening at Ewood. Basically the only reason Kassam was interested in Oxford was so he could get the high value commercial land and buildings that were being built with the new Stadium. Once United had settled it and all the businesses were up and running he sold the club whilst keeping all of the property associated with it.

So not only does he own all the restaurants, the cinema, the hotel and the bowling multiplex he still even own the stadium itself! That's right Oxford United have to pay rent to their former owner just to play football there!

Kasaam left Oxford with all the finincial bonuses of the businesses associated with the team but without any of the hassle or costs of running a football club. I can see something similar happening to Rovers in the future whereby we get new owners but Venky still own the bricks and mortar.

ok here's one , has a go at Venky's etc but blaming Rovers supporters for being unrealistic My link

Just commented on it but it is "awaiting moderation", so in the event it doesn't get published this was my response....

"Can I suggest Mr Bose your opinion on this matter is swayed by the fact Venkys are your compatriots?

You just couldn't bring yourself to admit that the Premier Leagues first Indian owners are screwed up big time and not understood either England or football so are pinning some of the blame on the fans.

And where does you view come from that Rovers fans need to be more realistic? We were happy being a mid-table club that bounced along nicely in the EPL with the odd one off hope of a good year and getting into the Europa League. It was Venky's, not the fans, that talked of Champions League and Ronaldinho, the fans LAUGHED at both of these.

So where does you view come from that Rovers fans are unrealistic? Or are you suggesting we don't deserve to even be in the Prem and should just be grateful for our time there?"

And where does you view come from that Rovers fans need to be more realistic? We were happy being a mid-table club that bounced along nicely in the EPL with the odd one off hope of a good year and getting into the Europa League. It was Venky's, not the fans, that talked of Champions League and Ronaldinho, the fans LAUGHED at both of these.

So where does you view come from that Rovers fans are unrealistic? Or are you suggesting we don't deserve to even be in the Prem and should just be grateful for our time there?"[/i]

That was similar to the tweet I sent him (but i said Beckham), getting harder to reply to these in a civilised manor can feel myself getting more and more angry replying to this kind of stuff to people who don't have a clue what has gone on at the club

I've just realized while I never watch - YOURE ON SKY SPORTS.

Jason Cundy, who I despise, has stuck up for Kean and said Kean shouldnt walk away.

Cundy is a thick, self obsessed, arse who knows nothing about football. I'd ring the show to put him right, but I couldn't hold my language and temper!

Hes just asked a Blackpool Fan "Have you GOT your ticket for wembley ?" :wacko:

Well done to Julie, from the Fans Forum and Michael. SKY SH.IT THEMSELVES WHEN MICHAEL SAID "Kean is a compulsive liar!"

Bunch of ****!

A cup of beans you'd hate "The Sports Bar" on Talksport then which is presented by Cundy and even bigger tw*t, the 'London Red' Andy Goldstein. It's like some kind of cruel joke putting them on the same show and subjecting the nation to it.

I've always wanted to ask Cundy how he feels about being a Chelsea fan that spent most of his career at Spurs.

A cup of beans you'd hate "The Sports Bar" on Talksport then which is presented by Cundy and even bigger tw*t, the 'London Red' Andy Goldstein. It's like some kind of cruel joke putting them on the same show and subjecting the nation to it.

:lol: That is torture. Cundy is worse than Goldstein. Do they still get Noel Gallagher on the show ? It amazed me why Noel wasted his time with them, they must pay well!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2141485/Dont-stop-crazy-clubs-failing--Martin-Samuel.html

This fat fecker makes some reasonable points until one recalls how he defended to the death WHU (his team oddly enough) for effectively relegating Sheff Utd as a result of their cheating over the Tevez / Mascherano affair.

Short memories some folk when it suits haven't they?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141894/Steve-Kean-Venkys-going-Hunt-crisis-gets-worse.html

Kean refers to feeling "knifed in the back". Why the sense of betrayal? What loyalty does Hunt owe Kean? Any loyalty should be reserved for the club, not Kean's financial packet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141979/Alan-Shearer-slams-Blackburn-owners-Venkys.html

Shearer still feels sympathy for Kean but slams Venkys and supports the Rovers fans.

Archived