BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

The only way I can take any form of comfort (and believe me I'm trying) in them not sacking Kean just yet is the thought they are looking to sell.

If Venky's are touting the club around and looking to sell, they wouldn't waste money sacking Kean before selling, they'll pass that cost on to whomever may buy the club. They aren't going to come out to the press and say "we want to sell" as they'll attract even more negative press (as failures... Too much pride perhaps?) and will receive much lower bids from any potential investors.

As I said this is the only way I can possibly think of all this sh!t perhaps ending ok, and I am praying it is true and they sell up, never to be seen again and Kean is cast into the gutters.

Defintely looking to sell, fans trust might be able to afford it when they've finished but won't sell until they are ready. By that time though I don't believe the FT will need the whole million 'cos it won't be worth that much. They'll try to get rid in about 6 months. Start a book. ;)

It might be scarier but easier for them to just let the club go bang though.

Can anyone tell me what could come out that would be worse than this in the next 2 weeks please 'cos I',m absolutely stuped if I can think of anything else!

Sheik Mansoor taking over Burnley perhaps?

Even letting the club go bang won't be this bad.

Ooh! Just heard Kean will move to India then. This is weirder and weirder. :rock:

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way I can take any form of comfort (and believe me I'm trying) in them not sacking Kean just yet is the thought they are looking to sell.

If Venky's are touting the club around and looking to sell, they wouldn't waste money sacking Kean before selling, they'll pass that cost on to whomever may buy the club. They aren't going to come out to the press and say "we want to sell" as they'll attract even more negative press (as failures... Too much pride perhaps?) and will receive much lower bids from any potential investors.

As I said this is the only way I can possibly think of all this sh!t perhaps ending ok, and I am praying it is true and they sell up, never to be seen again and Kean is cast into the gutters.

That does make sense,Lets hope your right bud.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I really can't take much more of this. Words fail me. I was quite optimistic after that letter got leaked but they sacked him and we get another presser like that one.

It's just like a hollywood film when you are shouting at the screen powerless do to anything else.

Ridiculous.

I've totally given up now. I was stupid enough to think venkys would sack kean after relegation but today has proved how bullet proof he is. Totally utterly gutted.

He is not bullet proof !

I am not taken in by his latest lies ...

The suspicion that he was hanging on for his compo was wrong then - because if he's never sacked, there's no compo to be had.

There must be something else going on.

The man's a parasite.

Real slime.

Did you see the mask slip when he was asked the Hunt question? Look at his face and body language. That dignified facade certainly disappeared to reveal and a vile

No one asked him a question about Paul Hunt, he was asking about Paul Hunts assessment, not Paul Hunt himself.

"Have you still got the dressing room?"

Noticed how he didn't give a direct answer to a yes or no question.

People need to have a word with themselves if they thought Kean was going to get sacked after relegation. Little bit late for all that, isn't it? He's officially become bigger than the club now. Our only hope is that relegation expedites the sale of the club.

This is the future facing us, although I hope with all my heart it does not turn out like this.

Forty Years On

The car doors slam, muffled by the heavy rain, and the man and his son walk together to the wall of the silent shuttered shops, searching for a moment before they see, high upon the wall, the small , tattered plaque.

'There it is, son', the man says, pointing.

Together they read the words on the scratched and defaced brass,

'On this spot, stood the well known statue of local benefactor Jack Walker – “Uncle Jack”, to a generation of fans who supported Blackburn Rovers F.C., and here the Club's stadium once occupied the area of present day Ewood Mall. The statue was stolen, presumably for scrap value, during the demolition of the ground in 2019. This plaque was placed in his memory by the loyal old comrades of B.R.F.C.'.

'It seems funny, you know, Dad', says the boy, 'I can't imagine a football stadium here, its just a dump, and half of these shops look derelict.'.

'I told you so, didn't I?.', replies his father, shaking his head, 'Your grandad used to bring me here, when I was a kid- it was magic......,well for a while it was magic, then a lot of stuff happened, I didn't understand it at the time and grandad wouldn't talk about it anymore – it made him too sad.'.

They stand for a few minutes, and a sound like the far off cheering of a joyous crowd seems to float on the rain filled air, vanishing faintly into a zephyr of silence.

'Can we go now, Dad, I'm soaked', shivers the boy.

'Yeah, 'course we can Son,' and they turn for the car, 'I promised your Grandad I'd bring you. When he was dying he reckoned that soon no-one would remember his team, so I said I'd take a detour and show you the old place.'.

They get in and Dad presses the E-button and checks the charge light.

'We will get to Old Trafford before kick off won't we Dad?', asks the boy.

'Don't worry, ', smiles Dad, 'there's plenty of time'.

You horrible obnoxious illegitimate Kean.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

People need to have a word with themselves if they thought Kean was going to get sacked after relegation. Little bit late for all that, isn't it? He's officially become bigger than the club now. Our only hope is that relegation expedites the sale of the club.

(Please don't use that word again) sake do you ever stop thinking about pecking order, or who was right and who was wrong?

If you can explain your comment, why is the guy bigger than the club, why is he unasackable? - then go ahead... otherwise take your tits and (Please don't use that word again) off

Makes me wonder,what do the posters who renewed their season tickets for next season think now?

If anything like me they are sick of the whole goddam circus and hated every minute of parting with their money.

What do all those who renewed and attended this season feel about their behaviour and lasting financial support for the Venky's and Kean? Fancy condoning this organisation with their financial support all season!

If you can explain your comment, why is the guy bigger than the club, why is he unasackable? - then go ahead...

He is bigger than the club, because his failure doesn't seem to mater, his career as a football manager (and part owner?) comes before the advancement of BRFC.

• Backroom

One thing is for sure the section of his cv entitlement 'manager' will only ever contain Blackburn Rovers, it's just the dates next to it that worries me.

This post will look daft if it happens.

(Please don't use that word again) sake do you ever stop thinking about pecking order, or who was right and who was wrong?

If you can explain your comment, why is the guy bigger than the club, why is he unasackable? - then go ahead... otherwise take your tits and (Please don't use that word again) off

Are you trying to argue that Kean *ISN'T* unsackable?

No man should be bigger than the club. Which is why in most walks of life the manager would be sacked. Instead, Kean has survived his atrocious managerial record AND relegation, whilst everyone EXCEPT him carries the can for the shambles on the pitch. That, dear sir, makes him bigger than Rovers right now.

otherwise take your tits and (Please don't use that word again) off

You're precious.

This post will look daft if it happens.

Not at all. Kean has been the one constant in Venky's reign. His dismissal would be unexpected.

So, because the PROVEN LIAR Kean states that he is going nowhere everyone goes into meltdown. I think we should at least wait until the Vs have travelled over and spoken to him face to face before believing what he said in his press conference. What did folk expect him to do? Resign? If he's still manager by close of business next Monday then fair enough, but just because he says he's not getting sacked doesn't make it true. He says a lot of things after all.

Makes me wonder,what do the posters who renewed their season tickets for next season think now?

honestly regretting it now , but my reasons for renewing were valid , although right now i dont feel like setting foot anywhere near ewood , i live in hope that during the duration of my season ticket this nightmare ends and these scumbags disappear

Just another angle on Steve kean being sacked maybe someone in the know could clarify : i think i'm right in saying he's contracted 'til june 2013 and knowing Venkys love of saving money and doing everything on the cheap , would it save them money to sack him in the final year of his contract ? i.e July 2012 ?

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

That doesn't answer any questions on why the guy is unsackable, it merely adds weight to the debate for why he should be sacked.

The question is, why is he unsackable?

Hi, I'm just wondering if you think Kean has much backing any more from the fans? Do you think the fans could ever get behind him now?

Are you trying to argue that Kean *ISN'T* unsackable?

No man should be bigger than the club. Which is why in most walks of life the manager would be sacked. Instead, Kean has survived his atrocious managerial record AND relegation, whilst everyone EXCEPT him carries the can for the shambles on the pitch. That, dear sir, makes him bigger than Rovers right now.

You're precious.

Not at all. Kean has been the one constant in Venky's reign. His dismissal would be unexpected.

Yep your right on that. Yet even more strange nobody has any dirt on him that they can prove. speculation etc. Lied in court, Drunk driving. Sadly I can see somebody doing time for him. I cannot see him being part owner - are there not only 4 shareholders, each with 25% ownership.

Archived