BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

All potential bidders for the club have to be approached with caution. Especially in light of the past 18 months. But not with jealosy as this is how WW has come over recently.

What has WW been saying? I don't do Twitter or facebook (Billy no mates really)so I haven't seen the comments, although I suspect he might be a tad ###### at the two Ian's reported bid.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

imo its not jealousy, but concern.

the fact that these ian´s went to india, got to meet with the the v´s and did so with the help of jerome anderson, is something that concerns me aswell.

Just the sheer fact, that the name jerome anderson was involved, is imo enough to create severe doubt about these guys, eventhough they are fans

If there's going to be a sale then in all likelihood he's going to be involved seeing as he has the Venkys ear so to speak. And we all think he has some kind of ownership involvement anyway. So what if he greases his sweaty palms one last time as long as the club is sold, for once his involvement might not be a bad thing it might help things along.

If there's going to be a sale then in all likelihood he's going to be involved seeing as he has the Venkys ear so to speak. And we all think he has some kind of ownership involvement anyway. So what if he greases his sweaty palms one last time as long as the club is sold, for once his involvement might not be a bad thing it might help things along.

thats actually a perspective outcome, that i hadnt thought about and you are right. IF he assists in a sale and as a result, was never to be heard about again, in relation to rovers, would be acceptable.

thats actually a perspective outcome, that i hadnt thought about and you are right. IF he assists in a sale and as a result, was never to be heard about again, in relation to rovers, would be acceptable.

I know yours is a logical, mature approach and almost certainly the way things will pan out but everything that is immature and spiteful in me hopes that Kean, Anderson, Agnew and Venkys never make another penny from Rovers, they deserve cancer not monetary reward.

As long as him and his cronies never ever darken our doors again.

Think it's probably time for people to give this a listen to again or maybe listen to it for the first time. It's the BRFCS podcast with Ian Battersby My link

Also the associated thread My link which contains the following Q & A which is relevant to the current discussion on this thread.

Why did JA arrange your meeting in Pune, and why was he also in attendance?

'' Basically we used JA as a path to getting in front of Balaji to express his concerns and dissatisfaction about what was going on. Following the meeting with Balaji (the day after Arsenal game) Balaji then made arrangements for Ian Currie and myself to go to Pune to see Mrs D. It was Venkys who arranged everything including flights and accommodation. Venkys also sent the invitations over to us so that we could organise our visas at short notice.

JA arrived in Pune some days later with his wife and daughter and stayed in the same hotel because the one where the team and the Pune 9 were staying was full.I believe he stayed on after we left. JA attended the meeting in Pune but was not involved in the exchange with Mrs D. We have no link to JA/SEM/Kentaro businesses. We run our

own business which does have football clients among many others. We know alot of the agents in the UK because they represent some of these clients in the same way lawyers and accountants are also involved in much of what goes on.I first met JA around 12 yrs ago "

imo its not jealousy, but concern.

the fact that these ian´s went to india, got to meet with the the v´s and did so with the help of jerome anderson, is something that concerns me aswell.

Just the sheer fact, that the name jerome anderson was involved, is imo enough to create severe doubt about these guys, eventhough they are fans

I do not doubt that ww is a rovers supporter. But his recent comments on twitter, come over as jealousy.

As I mentioned in another post. We often have to deal with people or companies we do not like to achieve our aim. That is how I look at Ian Battersby meeeting JA. He wanted and needed to meet venkys. Found the only route was via JA so used it. No choice really.

Quite simply, it would be best if all parties worked together to put pressure on Venkys to sell.

If there is a realistic bid, with finance to back it up, from Ian Battersby and Ilyas Khan, that is good and welcome news.

However, more than £1.7m has been pledged to date by Rovers fans who want a stake in owning the club.

To have got this far in a short space of time shows how many fans want it.

This is the way football ought to be going and the next owners of the club, whoever they are, have the opportunity to bring the supporters on board.

BRSIT is succeeding in its intentions - to give Rovers fans visibility, organisation and pressure to be all or part of any takeover bid.

I think WW's outburst on twitter has shown exactly why the two Ian's have not contacted BRSIT. I'm afraid to say that BRSIT seems to be providing a platform for WW to gain a position within the club he so obviously desires.

BRSIT at this stage has been very much led by Wayne Wild but as it grows that will no doubt change. It is useful to have someone who is willing to drive this forward at such an early stage.

Given that BRSIT has a structure and transparency I think it is both premature and overly cynical to make comments like yours. On the 26th there is an open event for anyone to come along and I will be there and will also thank all the organisers including Wayne for their efforts.

The Seneca bid is of necessity much less transparent but if it's in the interests of Rovers I am sure the two groups can work together.

If you have an opinion go along to the Windsor Suite meeting and make your point.

www.brsit.co.uk

I think WW's outburst on twitter has shown exactly why the two Ian's have not contacted BRSIT. I'm afraid to say that BRSIT seems to be providing a platform for WW to gain a position within the club he so obviously desires.

So what's this position then? He's already said that if BRSIT was successful he's in no position to run the club in any way.

WEC already sponsors one of the main stands so he has the key to the stadium and players.

Nearly had a heart attack there Chaddy. The Telegraph link within the link (dated today) said we were still £26m in debt! Until I realise it was from the 2010-11 accounts.

Surely we must be nearly debt free now? :(

Nearly had a heart attack there Chaddy. The Telegraph link within the link (dated today) said we were still £26m in debt! Until I realise it was from the 2010-11 accounts.

Surely we must be nearly debt free now? :(

Wait 12 months and whatever we had taken off them before will be added back on with interest. Our best hope is to try to improve the squad and get straight back up, but that would take massive investment, and would be very risky too.

Wait 12 months and whatever we had taken off them before will be added back on with interest. Our best hope is to try to improve the squad and get straight back up, but that would take massive investment, and would be very risky too.

On that basis, sounds like our best hope is no hope.

i think before we start proclaiming Khan as a knight in shining armour and championing his football brain, speak to stanley fans , i live in accy and i can tell you as much as they appreciate what Khan did in bailing them out , things havent really changed from a fans point of view there's been no investment in players , they couldnt keep hold of Coleman when Rochdale came in , Paul Cook wasnt the fans first choice of manager there's a revolving door of players coming in on short term contracts and loans and apart from 1 new stand being re-developed the facilities at the Crown havent improved

Senaca WILL be an improvement on Venkys because they are NOT Venkys but lets not get carried away

In his defence, The Stanley Fans weren't exactly streaming through the turnstiles.

This is a large part of the problem with modern football, we all seem to think our clubs deserve to be bankrolled to success, to at least some degree or the other. Perhaps we as fans also need to be realistic, clubs have to be self financing and boards/chairman/owners have a DUTY to run clubs in that way - just as they do at all other businesses.

Even on this thread some of you are demanding a new owner who will 'invest' (which really means give, because if they do put money in and then take it back out they are accused of 'trousering' it), how about simply an owner who can run it as a self sustaining entity?

Even on this thread some of you are demanding a new owner who will 'invest' (which really means give, because if they do put money in and then take it back out they are accused of 'trousering' it), how about simply an owner who can run it as a self sustaining entity?

That's all I want, stability and someone who actually knows football and gives a toss about the club. You have to wonder if any of those who are expecting a billionaire to come in and invest will still be around to support the club in a couple of seasons. I'd be quite happy to have someone of Khan's ilk running the club and to be in this league for the foreseeable future with maybe the odd playoff throw in, It's happened to your lot so I'm sure we'd have a chance. ;)

Is it just a coincidence that the leaked letter, potential bid and the Kean video appear within a few days of each other? Or am I reading too much into things :D

According to Kamy there may be more dirt to be unearthed before this episode is over. I think it's just a case of validating whether it's true.

Archived