BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

Booth - there is a difference between BRSIT and fan part ownership.

BRSIT have a certain proposal for ownership or part ownership but it doesn't mean anyone wanting to consider part ownership has to do it through BRSIT.

There's nothing to say these guys couldn't buy the club then offer say 10% to the fans.

That's true but why would you not even discuss this with BRSIT who already have pledges in place, have already covered a lot of ground, and have support from high profile sources, businesses and politicians within the region, especially as their proposal is 100% adaptable?

And for that reason I can't see them offering 10% to fans. It's not as if BRSIT is a heavy handed organisation with strict rules and demands that they want to put in place. And it's not as if Khan/Battersby and co are mega-bucks themselves, these people really should be sticking together with the club in times of crisis.

I just can't see why they wouldn't even have wanted to discuss it, that is all.

Why do fans need to be involved Booth? I didn't need to be involved before and I don't in future. As long as we have people looking after the clubs interests properly then I'm more than happy to leave them to it.

Because it means they'd have a small say in the running of the club. If that meant stopping a potential Venky's situation in future wouldn't that be a good thing?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people can confirm it's been pulled, I'll throw one up here instead

Glenn, could you do one that asks if people would be happy having Paul Agnew as Chairman or in a similar important role on the board of directors at BRFC? Just in the hope that a Venky's lurker could pass on just how low our opinion is of him.

Well for me there is something wrong with that as discussing something costs nothing and not doing so raises other questions.

How could Ian Battersby have the same reservations that others have had? It's a totally different situation. The main reservation is that it isn't viable for enough fans to pledge enough money to buy the club. Ian Battersby would have no such issue as all he'd be entertaining is the potential for the fans to own a percentage of the club, be that 5%, 10%, 20% or whatever.

I have to question why this isn't of interest to Battersby and co. It could only help, not hinder any potential bid. So I can't blame anyone for being curious as to why that is.

There's been an attempt to open dialogue and they knocked back an invite to the meeting.

https://twitter.com/#!/mrwawild/status/201263246680915968

Maybe because they did not want to. Which is their choice. Wayne Wild offered to talk to me, I did not want to, my choice. Nothing personal in it. I just did not want to do so. Nothing wrong with having own choice.

But also because he has after all met venkys and therefore has another approach. But also did not battersby start his approach before wayne wild came along.

There could be countless reasons why Ian Battersby chose not to speak with Wayne Wild - without any of them being dodgy. Another reason maybe the protest element. He may agree and understand the reasons for them. But does not want to be associated with them. Many on here understand the reasons for the protests, but as individuals chose not to be associated with them - for their own personal reasons. It did not mean they cared any less than those involved.

For the simple reason being he wants to get venkys to sell the club. I do not believe they are likely to even consider any group that has any form of link to the protests. So maybe he feels it is better for now to distance himself from any link to brsit etc etc. But there could be many many reasons, innocent reasons, unknown to us why he chose not to discuss things with Wayne Wild.

I think it is too early to completely judge these things. To be honest I have hoped for the two Ians to come forward for a long time.

Glenn, could you do one that asks if people would be happy having Paul Agnew as Chairman or in a similar important role on the board of directors at BRFC? Just in the hope that a Venky's lurker could pass on just how low our opinion is of him.

My god if I had to work under that pooh stirring, 2 faced piece of cow excrement.

Well I'd batter him.

+1,000,000

A small say in what though bud? Transfers, managers, commercial revenue, stadium improvements etc? I understand you wanting this but for me it's not necessary, as long as the right people look after the club. I just want whatever is best for the Rovers.

Maybe because they did not want to. Which is their choice. Wayne Wild offered to talk to me, I did not want to, my choice. Nothing personal in it. I just did not want to do so.

Big difference there. You're not looking to buy the club. And it is their choice, but it doesn't mean I have to completely agree with it though but then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until we know more. As I said earlier on this thread to be fair to Battersby and co they've only come out today and declared their interest.

But also because he has after all met venkys and therefore has another approach. But also did not battersby start his approach before wayne wild came along.
I thought he met Venky's to offer support as he felt they were being badly advised didn't he. My memory may be hazy but I'm sure it was in a LT article.
There could be countless reasons why Ian Battersby chose not to speak with Wayne Wild - without any of them being dodgy. Another reason maybe the protest element. He may agree and understand the reasons for them. But does not want to be associated with them. Many on here understand the reasons for the protests, but as individuals chose not to be associated with them - for their own personal reasons. It did not mean they cared any less than those involved.

Not quite sure what that's about Pafell as BRSIT have nothing to do with the protests.

At the end of the day all of these people, besides Khan, are Rovers fans. Would have been good if they could have come together and supported each other but let's see what happens.

Frankly, linking the Battersby/Currie/Khan bid to Jerome Anderson is laughable and potentially libellous.

As I understood it, JA managed to arrange an audience with the Venkys so IB could raise his concerns.

That is the beginning and end of their connection.

Why is WW so desperate to cast aspirations and blacken what could be a very credible fan based bid ?

As you understand it? You mean as JA told you.

If you want people to be credible, why don't you let the messageboard know of your relationship with Anderson?

Maybe because they did not want to. Which is their choice. Wayne Wild offered to talk to me, I did not want to, my choice. Nothing personal in it. I just did not want to do so. Nothing wrong with having own choice.

Just shows you have a closed mind that's all.

I think it is too early to completely judge these things.

I would definitely not be against the fan's bid being minority stake-holders as part of wider bid. I've never believed the bid was a "realistic" option at this moment in time considering the way the owners are BUT as part of a bigger bid, it would not be something Id be against.

I see we're rushing to decide which bid we prefer!

Personally I'm just happy that there are at least 2 groups out there who want to take this club on. If the Qataris are still interested--even better.

Just have to shift these bloody Raos!

Don't be too quick to jump into the bed of Mr Khan...

He isn't as pink and fluffy as as he appears on the outside, I know personally from contacts very close to the old regime of Accrington Stanley that he isn't too be trusted, especially from a cash point of view.

I really can't go into it much further, but I do believe one day the truth will come about his involvement with Accrington Stanley in a book and the reading will prove very insightful.

I am not saying he is as big a shower of sh1t as the current owners we have bestowed upon us, but there has to be an element of caution were he is concerned.

(I cannot report much else on the consortium)

Be very careful what you say, Saysagent. The old regime at Accy, to which you refer, was totally discredited and had allowed the club to be literally within minutes of being wound up in the High Court before Ilyas saved the day. He was cold-shouldered by the previous board members, which, for the sake of their prejudices were quite prepared for the club to go under. Ilyas is a genuine 100% hero in the eyes of all true Stanley fans. He may have resigned his chairmanship, but has donated his shares to the fans and is on record as still being willing to stump up another 2 million, without strings, to facilitate a future move to a new stadium. He is Accrington's version of Uncle Jack, admittedly without the same financial muscle.

No, I suspect this relates to when the two Ian's went to see Desai back in October.

Thought it might start getting a bit tasty :

Wayne Wild‏@mrwawild

Yet BRFC at heart ? Went to India with JA ? Connection ? BRSIT 100% transparent and only wants the best for the club. Vultures are circling.

Time for people to come clean.

Wow, here come the egos. One unworkable idea already damning another, and there was I thinking that BRSIT would take a breath and see what the bid entails. Bloody Typical.

Its easy to realise why the club is in such Turmoil when you read all the bickering and sniping on these pages sometimes.By all accounts the only way forward is one man to come forward with a big fat cheque and say mine.Not that thats going to happen soon,aah well that failing, lets all bicker and stay the way we are.

As you understand it? You mean as JA told you.

If you want people to be credible, why don't you let the messageboard know of your relationship with Anderson?

Interesting...

I don't think people have quite grasped what BRSIT are proposing and are willing to adapt to and instead are casting a lot of assumptions and hearsay rather than having a look into it. If they did they'd see there's something there worth taking a second look at. The telling sentence was from Pafell who said Wayne Wild was willing to speak to him in person, but he decided not to out of personal choice. And from that an opinion was formed. Genius! The horse designed by committee comment is clearly lacking in knowledge of how it would work. It's a question that was brought up at the meeting, and answered, and I'm sure it'll be brought up again on the 26th.

I support both bids wholeheartedly if it's in the best interests of the club, it just would have been beneficial for all if they could have worked together. I know BRSIT's heart is in the right place as I've met and spoken to the people behind it. All I have to go off from Battersby and co is that they are fans of the club but I know little more than that and I'm not going to base my judgement out of one article in the LT. It'd be unfair to disregard them as there will be more information released in due course.

The sad thing about this is that I do think any option would be better than Venky's and they've still got to agree to sell. I have a bad feeling they will still be in charge next season.

At present Battersby, Iilliyas and the others cannot use BRSIT as part of any bid, as the financials are too messy to organise. BRSIT has pledges of 1.7m, but how much of that is likely to convert to actual pounds? How long would it take to get everyone who has pledged through the credit gaining process? My guess it would take months, and not raise that much money (in comparison to the bid), and that's the issue.

I'd suggest it's maybe more of a goer once Seneca take over, in order that they sell / give fans an ownership stake in the club.

My understanding is that they would want to act more like the Walker Trust and bring competent football administrators back into the club to run it on a day to day basis. I wouldn't be surprised if they were Williams and Finn.

I also think they would look to stabilise, gain promotion and then possibly sell the club at a profit to richer owners.

I'm pleased that Battersby and Currie are involve in this bid. Both Passionate Rovers fans and attend games. wish is a Good thing.

Khan has a background in Football and Buying a club.

We need to know more about other people in the group aswell. are these other rovers fans or Business people?

But at least we know of 2 groups who want to buy Rovers which is a good thing and lets the fans know that people want to buy us.

My understanding is that they would want to act more like the Walker Trust and bring competent football administrators back into the club to run it on a day to day basis. I wouldn't be surprised if they were Williams and Finn.

That'd be the best signing for a long time!

Sounds like a good option on paper.

I hope it is someone local that takes over - simply because if Venkys decided to sell to some foreign group which nobody had ever heard of, Kamy would have to do all the due diligence for them, because let's face it - would you trust Venkys to conduct that properly?

Archived