BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Potential Buyer To go Public ?

Is it just a coincidence that the leaked letter, potential bid and the Kean video appear within a few days of each other? Or am I reading too much into things :D

If you had said is finally getting relegated linked to a lot of things now beginning to happen; the answer is undoubtedly yes. There is no argument that when there was still a chance of staying up and to support the players in the fight for survival then things were being held back.

But the link you are trying to make doesn't exist as far as I am aware and is purely coincidental.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's all I want, stability and someone who actually knows football and gives a toss about the club. You have to wonder if any of those who are expecting a billionaire to come in and invest will still be around to support the club in a couple of seasons. I'd be quite happy to have someone of Khan's ilk running the club and to be in this league for the foreseeable future with maybe the odd playoff throw in, It's happened to your lot so I'm sure we'd have a chance. ;)

Do you know what, we got back to this level and were doing OK, hanging around the play offs. The ITVd fiasco hit us hard but our chairman was willey enough to keep us afloat and at this level. The play off season turned out to be one hell of a gamble. One of the main 'bank rollers' hit some troubles of his own and had we not gone up we were in deep financial trouble. Give me 'agent Kilby' as you lot call him any day of the week.

In all seriousness it can be quite good fun in the Championship. At least you have a chance to compete, even have a slim hope of winning the damn thing and if not there are always the play offs. Many a season you still have something to play for until very close to the seasons end. I enjoyed the Prem but I'm not so sure I would year after year, seeing avoiding relegation as a success.

In all seriousness it can be quite good fun in the Championship. At least you have a chance to compete, even have a slim hope of winning the damn thing and if not there are always the play offs. Many a season you still have something to play for until very close to the seasons end. I enjoyed the Prem but I'm not so sure I would year after year, seeing avoiding relegation as a success.

This pretty much sums up my own view, well my own hope would be more accurate.

Do you know what, we got back to this level and were doing OK, hanging around the play offs. The ITVd fiasco hit us hard but our chairman was willey enough to keep us afloat and at this level. The play off season turned out to be one hell of a gamble. One of the main 'bank rollers' hit some troubles of his own and had we not gone up we were in deep financial trouble. Give me 'agent Kilby' as you lot call him any day of the week.

Can't help but agree. As much as it pains me to say it, I may actually enjoy football again!

We didn't see avoiding relegation as a success (Sam clearing up Ince's mess aside) before Venky's came into town.

Under Souness, Hughes and Sam we always looked to hit top 10, which we did more often than not- with a few semi finals thrown in for good measure.

With all due repsect to you lot, you usualy finish mid table in the league below, not sure how that is going to be more 'fun' for us than being mid table in the PL.

Can't help but agree. As much as it pains me to say it, I may actually enjoy football again!

I'd agree Otto, especially cos there are quite a few more local games for me. But there's a great big IF. That's if we have a set up to be competitive and I can't see that with this current lot at the helm (term used loosely).

play off season turned out to be one hell of a gamble. One of the main 'bank rollers' hit some troubles of his own and had we not gone up we were in deep financial trouble. Give me 'agent Kilby' as you lot call him any day of the week.

Nah, forget Kilby. 'Agent Flood' is the one! -_-:lol:

Don't patronise us, some of us can remember the seasons pre 1992.

Don't patronise us, some of us can remember the seasons pre 1992.

And pre 82

Yes some of us can recall the 70's

And you don't think even at Division 2 old money football has changed since then? Fair enough if you think that and I was trying to be patronising, I wasn't but there you go. Truth is fans under 30 will have limited memory at best of life pre Jack and so won't remember much about the old days, the way football was in that period that Sky pretends doesn't exist. That is not a criticism or a condescension just an observation of fact.

not sure how that is going to be more 'fun' for us than being mid table in the PL.

Not sure how long you have been around Matty, but for me the 'football experience' was far more enjoyable pre Premier days including atmosphere.

As has been said here - with a proper manager and possibly better idea on what the Wonkys are actually here for/ or sell and the future direction - I think alot will begin to enjoy it again for football reasons more than they did in the P/L regardless of whether we come back up or not

And you don't think even at Division 2 old money football has changed since then?

The point they were making, was that Rovers were outside the top-flight for 26 years!

Most are under no illusions that the Championship will be tough, and difficult to get out of.

Although, competative, I dont think it is of a high standard, just a personal opinion.

I'd also argue, that - although competative and exciting etc..- overall - the football in the Championship, and its players - are nowhere near as good as those in the old 2nd Division used to be (and the same goes If you compare the Prem to the Old First Div).

Not sure how long you have been around Matty, but for me the 'football experience' was far more enjoyable pre Premier days including atmosphere.

As has been said here - with a proper manager and possibly better idea on what the Wonkys are actually here for/ or sell and the future direction - I think alot will begin to enjoy it again for football reasons more than they did in the P/L regardless of whether we come back up or not

+1 Capt.

rumour going round on facebook

'Rumours and only rumours At the moment but fingers crossed "kean is going and they are in talks to sell to the middle east group that was interested earlier in the season" but like I say only rumours and I'm quoting on what I heard on the grapevine'

from facebook

rumour going round on facebook

'Rumours and only rumours At the moment but fingers crossed "kean is going and they are in talks to sell to the middle east group that was interested earlier in the season" but like I say only rumours and I'm quoting on what I heard on the grapevine'

from facebook

can u post who has said thiss please?

Everything is so confusing, its difficult for even people in the know, for example, an ex Brockhall employee told me on Friday they were expecting Kean to be gone, that was from one of his ex colleagues, nothing has happened as yet, tonight, I am hearing from the same source that he expects Venkys to sell the club during the summer!!

I just hope it is true on both counts.

By the way, it does correspond with Mercermans postings.

I was at Ewood when Tommy Briggs scored 7 in a division 2 game (Championship as it is now) regularly 25,000 plus gates in those days, great atmosphere and good football to watch too, best of all, the players could relate to the fans and vice versa!! Happy days.

Archived