BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New home Kit for the 2012-2013 Season

If the blue top which was posted earlier is the actual top, then it looks nothing like the picture sent to Rovers by Umbro. That top was 2-tone blue with lighter shading under the arms and down the sides. :(

Yeah, your masters probably said, get rid of the two-tone blue and make it a bit cheaper.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the blue top which was posted earlier is the actual top, then it looks nothing like the picture sent to Rovers by Umbro. That top was 2-tone blue with lighter shading under the arms and down the sides. :(

The lighter shading under the arms and down the sides would have been done just to show where the 'breathable panels' are situated. There's better pictures of the shirt on the JJB and Kitbag websites.

Essentially the away shirt is just the new Rangers Home shirt except it's a different shade of blue, has red at the end of the sleeves and red on the back and has a different club badge.

Rovers home Kit is as usual the best in any Division.

The photo of the new away kit, as shown on Rovers website actually looks good IMO.

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2832317,00.html

The Bench ware is 2 shades of blue

http://www.onerovers.co.uk/retailprods.aspx?cat=170&h=50

Waiting for the 3rd Kit colour - I'm still going for a grennish yellow (no idea what design). I think that this Kit will be needed in most games where Rovers Blue & White clash.

Didn't we play many away games in that awful yellow & black even when there was no clash with our Blue & White.

The result being that Venkys will expect more purchases than usual for the 3rd Kit (as its going to get used in Matches).

The new away kit is absolute dreadful. No doubt we'll be keeping the "Venky's yellow" kit, not that I'm suggesting some sort of conspiracy. It is not the first time we've had a blue-coloured away kit is it. The last one was actually a nice design with the blue and white stripe down the middle.

Maybe we'll get some sexy red and black halved shirts as a third kit.

The club must know that a lot of fans liked that kit, surely they must be able to give Umbro a nudge and say 'we'd like something similar to this please'.

But I have to say, I'd expect it to be another yellow monstrosity.

Guest Rovers4Good

Agreed its like a school football kit made by hi tec. Never liked umbro, why cant we get Nike, Adidas etc

What's up with Umbro?

If you think the kit is s***e then that's down to the manager not Umbro?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived