Photo
- - - - -

New home Kit for the 2012-2013 Season

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
347 replies to this topic

#221 Ben-2000

Ben-2000

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2549 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 22:15 PM

The kit stuff gets covered every couple of years on the Fans Forum.

The club gets to set broad rules (the kit will be blue & white halves, white on the left, no panel on the back etc).
The manufacturer comes up with a few designs (but often broadly matching the stylings for other clubs).
The club gets to chose from those designs

As an aside I know people seem to think that every last little decision is now made in Pune (or by SK), but the truth is, there are still good people left in various positions at the club wanting to do what's right. They may not have the power to influence the big stuff, but they still make sure their own stuff is done right and upholds the club's traditions and previous direction etc.

Completely agree.

#222 chaddyrovers

chaddyrovers

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7122 posts

• ST Block: NO 2

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:48 AM

The kit stuff gets covered every couple of years on the Fans Forum.

The club gets to set broad rules (the kit will be blue & white halves, white on the left, no panel on the back etc).
The manufacturer comes up with a few designs (but often broadly matching the stylings for other clubs).
The club gets to chose from those designs

As an aside I know people seem to think that every last little decision is now made in Pune (or by SK), but the truth is, there are still good people left in various positions at the club wanting to do what's right. They may not have the power to influence the big stuff, but they still make sure their own stuff is done right and upholds the club's traditions and previous direction etc.

Great post Glenn

I like the away shirt. will be buying one shortly

#223 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14223 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

If the blue top which was posted earlier is the actual top, then it looks nothing like the picture sent to Rovers by Umbro. That top was 2-tone blue with lighter shading under the arms and down the sides. :(

Yeah, your masters probably said, get rid of the two-tone blue and make it a bit cheaper.

"TEAM - Together Everyone Achieves More!!"

#224 Jkbrfc12

Jkbrfc12

League One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

We're is the proof on the 3rd kit
Championship can't wait haha.

#225 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14223 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

Great post Glenn

I like the away shirt. will be buying one shortly

Sorry chaddy, you've got too much money to spend.

#226 Gumbi

Gumbi

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

If the blue top which was posted earlier is the actual top, then it looks nothing like the picture sent to Rovers by Umbro. That top was 2-tone blue with lighter shading under the arms and down the sides. :(

The lighter shading under the arms and down the sides would have been done just to show where the 'breathable panels' are situated. There's better pictures of the shirt on the JJB and Kitbag websites.

Essentially the away shirt is just the new Rangers Home shirt except it's a different shade of blue, has red at the end of the sleeves and red on the back and has a different club badge.

Edited by Gumbi, 08 July 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#227 chaddyrovers

chaddyrovers

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7122 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Sorry chaddy, you've got too much money to spend.

maybe so. why, have you not? :lol: :D :rolleyes:

will be doing this every home games and half of the away games.

Edited by chaddyrovers, 08 July 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#228 patrickvalery

patrickvalery

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2316 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

maybe so. why, have you not?

Thats a bit flashy Chadster. Its not very becoming.
"Balaji, pony-tailed, open-shirted and adorned with golden jewellery and a holstered pistol - imported, licensed and loaded"

#229 AllRoverAsia

AllRoverAsia

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1918 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Rovers home Kit is as usual the best in any Division.

The photo of the new away kit, as shown on Rovers website actually looks good IMO.

http://www.rovers.co...2832317,00.html

The Bench ware is 2 shades of blue

http://www.onerovers...px?cat=170&h=50

Waiting for the 3rd Kit colour - I'm still going for a grennish yellow (no idea what design). I think that this Kit will be needed in most games where Rovers Blue & White clash.

Didn't we play many away games in that awful yellow & black even when there was no clash with our Blue & White.

The result being that Venkys will expect more purchases than usual for the 3rd Kit (as its going to get used in Matches).

My first Rovers game was at Ewood on Saturday 7th September 1963 - Rovers 7 v Spurs 2, attendance: 20,949

(Rovers scorers - McEvoy 4, Douglas 1, England 1, Pickering 1)

Rovers team: Else,Bray,Newton,Clayton,England,McGrath,Ferguson,McEvoy,Pickering,Douglas,Harrison

(Only 3 in that team cost a transfer fee: Else £20k, Harrison £20k and Ferguson £2k)

#230 chaddyrovers

chaddyrovers

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7122 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

why is it flash???

it was meant as a joke.

Edited by chaddyrovers, 08 July 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#231 Phil T

Phil T

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4758 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 22:35 PM

I think both kits look OK. Not sure what all the commotion is about but I guess it's all subjective!

As for the cheap and tacky comments... They can't be any worse than the Lonsdale rubbish we had circa 2005. :unsure:

#232 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Stupid colour like, but compared to that monstrosity that was last season's away kit, it'll do.

#233 OJRovers

OJRovers

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2966 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Surely we'll need a third kit, not much point having a blue home kit and a blue away kit really. It looks ok though.

Is the home kit still halves not quarters?
COME ON YOU BLUES!

#234 grizfoot

grizfoot

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2879 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 14:10 PM

The new away kit is absolute dreadful. No doubt we'll be keeping the "Venky's yellow" kit, not that I'm suggesting some sort of conspiracy. It is not the first time we've had a blue-coloured away kit is it. The last one was actually a nice design with the blue and white stripe down the middle.

#235 Roverdale

Roverdale

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 14:18 PM

Maybe we'll get some sexy red and black halved shirts as a third kit.

The club must know that a lot of fans liked that kit, surely they must be able to give Umbro a nudge and say 'we'd like something similar to this please'.

But I have to say, I'd expect it to be another yellow monstrosity.

#236 Bryan

Bryan

Ewok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13006 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 14:58 PM

Looks more like a training top or a leisure shirt.
Sir! With respect, you can stick the money up your #### that's all I can offer you sir.

#237 Phil T

Phil T

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4758 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 19:41 PM

I don't think the away kit is that bad to be honest but I can't help thinking...

Posted Image

#238 Stuart

Stuart

Bald Eagle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14223 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 19:49 PM

Wow. Great photo Tom!

#239 laughatthedingles

laughatthedingles

Match Report Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2233 posts
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:eggles1

Posted 09 July 2012 - 21:18 PM

Last years yellow and black is the third kit.
"Watching live football at Ewood is like having sex with a beautiful woman - watching highlights on SKY will be like taking a few mucky polaroids of the wife and knocking one out in a cramped motorway service station toilet." - Ossydave

#240 riggers77

riggers77

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:riggaz77

Posted 09 July 2012 - 21:49 PM

Looks more like a training top or a leisure shirt.

Agreed its like a school football kit made by hi tec. Never liked umbro, why cant we get Nike, Adidas etc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.