BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New home Kit for the 2012-2013 Season

• Backroom

What happened to the yellow one being retained as a third kit as stated by laughatthedingles who is a member of the FF.

And in fairness to MG Road he told us there was a third kit that wasn't yellow at the start of the month

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we going to wearing at Hillsborough and at Huddersfield?

The dark blue kit, just like Wigan wore dark blue against us last season and other previous seasons.

Huddersfield also have a dark blue away kit this season.

Out of the 4-5 options for a 3rd kit, the yellow one was least popular and was never really in contention to be used again.

So just to be clear. The owners picked the kits. Not Umbro.

So just to be clear. The owners picked the kits. Not Umbro.

Umbro would have designed the kits and then shown them to the club who then would have selected which ones they wanted. What would have been better for Umbro is if we had a definite sponsor in place then they could have come up with some designs that would have fitted well around it.

3rd kit is far superior for me compared to the away training kit, but still nowhere near as good as the red/black halves. My biggest gripe is the changing of both kits every year, last years home kit did not need changing, the yellow was hideous, but again no sense shown in choice of colours for this years replacements

http://bostinno.com/2012/07/20/manchester-city-besiktas-video-highlights/#ss__189739_1_0__ss

Besiktas in red vs Man City in wine... one could argue its just a friendly and that both have different coloured alternate shirts, but still. The game was played.

As for our shirts. The New York Yankees shirt looks great. As for Leon's PJs maybe, as others have said, it might look better with a sponsor. Home shirt, nothing much to say really.

Will the 3rd kit be available to buy ?

I just find the material of the rovers shirts(and football shirts in general) gets thiner and cheaper every year(yet the price is always the same), might just be me but i find them impossible to wear to clingy and a lot of static i find, ive never understood the obbsesion some people have of buying a new 1 every year(and a lot of those people wouldnt even dream of spending £40 on a good quality goin out shirt :blink:).

My biggest problem is the £42 they expect us to shell our per shirt for 1 year!! Around £250 for 3 kits, for 1 year, wow!

There's a simple solution to that issue!

It's not even a Rovers kit. It's blue and white that's all.

The way the kits are designed, fitted, announced, photographed and modelled is pathetic! Other clubs do a far better job. We don't do ourselves justice as a club we have so much history. Look at Inter and Nikes efforts for them, so stylish. Ours always look cheap with dodgy collars. The money is there, the creativity, effort and strive for perfection is not.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151328945668079.569515.51212153078&type=1

Archived