Photo
- - - - -

Colin Hendry - An Asset?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
300 replies to this topic

Poll: Colin Hendry - An Asset? (369 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want Hendry as assistant manager should Black leave?

1. Yes (20 votes [5.42%])

Percentage of vote: 5.42%

2. Voted No (313 votes [84.82%])

Percentage of vote: 84.82%

3. Voted I don't know enough to judge (36 votes [9.76%])

Percentage of vote: 9.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16394 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Hendry tweeted:

I might tell you's on 5live

Hope this isn't in relation to a job
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#22 thenodrog

thenodrog

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33819 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

More a PR move than a sensible one. Problem is imo it's misguided PR. If Agnew is the insigator of that then his judgement is flawed. Hendry is damaged goods these days, 'Braveheart' was a great servant and a defensive rock in his pomp BUT he baled out of the club to go to Rangers just months after signing a new contract, he's a failed manager and by the sound of it a pretty despicable character.
Those whom the Gods seek to destroy they first make mad.....

:goal:

#23 EwoodDawn

EwoodDawn

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

We never did get an explanation as to why he arrived extremely late for the Full Members Cup reunion (after a long wait, the other fellas had to start without him) and then walked in with no apology.
I am NOT an idiot.

#24 Majiball

Majiball

Prince of BRFCS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10207 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

I take this as empirical evidence that sh1t attracts sh1t.
"To be the best Jockey in the World do you have to have been a top Race Horse?"

"For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve."

#25 Jammy

Jammy

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'd been told a month ago he'd been offered the assistant managers job next season.

#26 Dunnfc

Dunnfc

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1802 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Guy is an abosloute freeloader, nothing near a legend.

Scam artist and a drunk.

Great player but by all accounts not a nice man. Stay well clear.

#27 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5704 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I agree with you, just to clarify that my comments were related to his initial period with us. I was looking through my 'over worn' nostalgia glasses!

Nostalgia is all any of us have got to hang on to at the moment. It shouldn't be allowed to colour our judgement though, he'll bring nothing to the club other than be a nodding dog for Kean.

#28 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Nostalgia is all any of us have got to hang on to at the moment. It shouldn't be allowed to colour our judgement though, he'll bring nothing to the club other than be a nodding dog for Kean.

I'm not sure that's all he'll bring, I think he might also be good at riling up our own fans and could become quite confrontational with them.

He will also increase the blood alcohol content at the club.

I wonder if he will actually be performing three roles. Assistant manager/driver/bodyguard. That was a problem with Black, he only wanted to be assistant manager. He didn't have that get up and go attitude.

God I'm depressed

Edited by BuckyRover, 13 May 2012 - 11:30 AM.

BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#29 Pedro

Pedro

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Although it's a total no-goer from the start, Craig Short would be a much better kind of addition. Big Col was more about passion and effort, Short was calm, controlled and methodical and I think he could teach much more.

#30 koi

koi

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Just when you think the club couldn't sink any deeper..

#31 blue_n_white99

blue_n_white99

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Like Dunn, Hendry sold his soul for a bag of silver to the Venkeans, his comments show no respect for the club or the fans who provided him a very lavish lifestyle for many years, there is no way I would want this mercenary back at Ewood.

#32 mattyboy6000

mattyboy6000

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

just read up a little on what hendry has said

"It's been a difficult time for him. He's handled himself with extreme dignity.
"It is a minority that's campaigning, having all these demonstrations about what should happen.
"By far and away the majority are behind the team and behind the manager, all they want to do is see survival, over what's happened this season and how it's gone, they just want their team to survive."

after reading that, the conclusion I draw is, idiot.

Edited by mattyboy6000, 13 May 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#33 sweeneybrfc

sweeneybrfc

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

I think it would be good to see Braveheart back at Ewood during these tough times. In saying that, if he's just a paid mantle piece to support Kean using Hendry's history I wouldn't be a fan.

A friend of mine got speaking to Hendry in private last week, without even prompting anything Hendry told him he would love to get back involved with the club. Maybe he was hinting? Or maybe he feels our plight and wants to do something positive (i hate using that word).
We're all smiles 
Then, honest, I swear, it's the turnstiles 
That make us hostile 

#34 rigger

rigger

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

I think it would be good to see Braveheart back at Ewood during these tough times. In saying that, if he's just a paid mantle piece to support Kean using Hendry's history I wouldn't be a fan.

A friend of mine got speaking to Hendry in private last week, without even prompting anything Hendry told him he would love to get back involved with the club. Maybe he was hinting? Or maybe he feels our plight and wants to do something positive (i hate using that word).

Or maybe he is after money?

#35 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5704 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

"Feels our plight " ? More like feels an empty bank account that needs re-filling !

#36 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7166 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Or maybe he's broke and unemployed?

Having gone out of his way to suck up to Kean in recent weeks it seems obvious that Hendry is angling for assistant manager's job and may already have it for all I know.

He is a genuine Rovers legend as a player but his image is tarnished by his alleged conduct towards a generous neighbour and his abysmal record as a manager. Throw in his drinking and it becomes a no-brainer

Kean and Hendry---------a marriage made in Heaven.

Edited by 47er, 13 May 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#37 Ewoodbhappy

Ewoodbhappy

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 13:21 PM

Fond memories of Hendry as a tower at the back for Rovers.

I hope that's how that it stays. Ive heard lots about him as a person off the field. If he stoops to hooking up with W#nker Kean,
he will be just another parasite sucking the lifeblood out of Rovers.
Keep away Hendry - Show Venkys your Arse.

SHEBBY IS A TWIT!!!

AGNEW IS A PR - ICK!!!

VENKY'S - YOU ARE SCUM FOR WHAT YOU CONTINUE TO DO TO OUR CLUB.

#38 Steve Moss

Steve Moss

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4257 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:16 PM

It really saddens me when Rovers fans have a go at Hendry. He typified the spirit of our greatest team in living memory. He gave 100% every game and was !00% Rovers.
Poor bloke has had a terrible time in recent years and events in his personal life may have affected his judgement. He will always be up there with my other Rovers heroes.
Having said all that, I would not have him back at Rovers. I think he would be coming back to Rovers for all the wrong reasons. Sad really. :(

I agree that Colin Hendry should be nowhere near the Rovers.

He may have been a skilled footballer, but his comments and behaviors over recent years are more indicative of poor character more than poor judgement, in my opinion.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the checks." Bill Shankly

#39 FourLaneBlue

FourLaneBlue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7578 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 15:44 PM

We have enough chancers involved with the club. Hendry was a legendary player for the club but, ultimately, sold us out to go to Rangers at the worst possible time. We never recovered from that departure in our relegation season.

The only reason he would join the club would be to use his "legendary" reputation to bolster the regime AGAINST the fans.

It would be a despicable move from him if it happened.

Stay a legend Big Col, stay away from this circus.

#40 mattyboy6000

mattyboy6000

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 16:57 PM

tbh it sounds like he's backing the regime to keep his son in an academy place and would love the chance of some money...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.